My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

mybrute account being hacked in some way

Go down 
+5
Jazz™
xpro44
maxenmad
Reminisce
papaschnay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
papaschnay

mybrute account being hacked in some way Empty
PostSubject: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 22:11

Alright guys, just a heads up.

I registered for this site a while ago, just as a forum troll to look at what's going on....the next thing I receive an email from this forum saying that I'm watching a topic that I had no recollection of posting in....and the next thing I know I can't access my mybrute account anymore.

This post was made during a time I KNOW I was asleep in this thread:
https://mybrute.forumotion.com/saved-replays-f15/reaper-vs-3pets-t949.htm#9100

I'm post 2 apparently and I had never posted here before nor do I know wtf whoever posted as me is saying there.

SO:

1) Don't use the same password you registered with on this site for your mybrute account (probably my first mistake).

2) How/Where do you contact someone to get the password reset on an account that's been hacked?

3) How in the hell do both of my brutes get hacked shortly after I sign up here! Seems odd, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 22:26

yeah but one thing: who here would know which brutes are yours? They aren't in your profile you don't have a sig, you haven't made any posts, so how did whoever hack your brute figure out which brute was yours?
Back to top Go down
maxenmad

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 22:43

ok, i just finished reading this thread https://mybrute.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f1/beware-of-thieves-and-trolls-you-know-who-you-are-kiwiman-t983.htm

the thread is about heroinmonkey trying to warn people not to join Kiwiman's new forum, because of his past history as a password-hacker. this thread was made yesterday.

then today, a new user accusing the same thing, BUT to this site, instead of to kiwi's new forum! is it coincidence?

am i the only one having a dejavu here?
remember when fotum demoted kiwiman and then the very next day, fotum's account got hacked.
heroinmonkey warn ppl to stay away from kiwiman site and then the very next day, this site being accused of the same thing.

crime of passion?
Back to top Go down
xpro44
xpro44

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 23:32

Lool to much coincidence sry new guy if your account has been hacked it has nothing to do with this forum.
Back to top Go down
papaschnay

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 23:42

So the brute which has the same screenname as my username here and uses the same password here would have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Not buying it dude.

All I'm saying is that someone logged in and posted as me last night during a time when I KNOW I was sleeping, then the next thing I know my brute account won't let me in anymore after I found this fact out. The timing seems weird, since I've been using mybrute for like 4 weeks
Back to top Go down
papaschnay

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeSun 03 May 2009, 23:47

I also want to add I'm not accusing KiwiMan of doing this..I have NO idea who would have done it
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 01:57

so your saying coz of this forum u were hacked??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
papaschnay

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 03:09

Just weird, this is the only thing I noticed out of line....a post I didn't make and my account password being changed all of a sudden.

Coincidental?
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 03:18

dont blaime the forum man ok!
Back to top Go down
papaschnay

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 04:52

Can anyone point me to where to get passwords reset then?
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 04:58

on the game?? on my brute or here on the forums?
Back to top Go down
KNR49
KNR49

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 05:00

Not using the same password should be obvious...

In all likelihood, your password probably sucked and someone just guessed it.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 05:03

KNR49 wrote:

Highly doubt that. Unless his pass was "abc"
Back to top Go down
KNR49
KNR49

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 05:15

Jill Sandwich wrote:
KNR49 wrote:

Highly doubt that. Unless his pass was "abc"

guessed/brute forced

not much difference usually Laughing
Back to top Go down
papaschnay

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 17:47

Jazz™ wrote:
on the game?? on my brute or here on the forums?

I have the forum password still, but for the game....
Back to top Go down
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeMon 04 May 2009, 20:29

Incase you didnt know there is no way to see your password though this forum, even in the administrator controll panell its impossible.
You would have gotten email for watching topic because it may be you default setting in your prefrences under your profile.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 03:29

Your brute has been hacked already right? So hwy do you have to change your password here anway?
Back to top Go down
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 07:03

He probably gave his password to one of his "freinds" and then thinks it was some one elses fault or a keylogger.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
papaschnay

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 23:33

NO.

I don't want my password reset here, I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone on the mybrute side so that you can get passwords reset there. I see the guy a few posts above this thread was running a cracker on his account to get his guy back...it must be hopeless if nobody here knows.
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 01:39

lol on the topic.. ive been here over a month and my brute is still here [someone even knows my pass i guess two forumers here know my pass]
but no HACKING is going on!

hey papashcya thingy

dont blaim us..

ok!

and dont destroy the forums reputation !

close this thread or delete
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 02:25

Closed by request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mybrute account being hacked in some way   mybrute account being hacked in some way Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mybrute account being hacked in some way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: General Discussion-
Jump to: