My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus

Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback Empty
PostSubject: Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback   Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 05:03

This is the brute who couldn't manage to win his DB tourney until LV 27, after 100-something entries...

Needless to say, I chose a new destiny for Ripper, and it turned out to be perfect for a ninja/stat machine. High HP + high strength + high speed + multi-hit weapons = perfect ninja. Besides the knife, Shuriken and Impact, all other level-up bonuses I chose for him have been stat-related upgrades. Turns out that those are the only two weapons he'll ever need, along with his mighty fist.

Ripper Tournament Final (LV 20 def. LV 23)

Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback 100mk2

Now I'm prepared to do the same thing over for Thumper. Would it be nice if he had a pet-repelling skill, or a shield, or Increvable, or Sang-chaud? Definitely, but no such luck so far. In any case, the moral of the story is that even the worst brute in existence can be turned around.

Any thoughts/comments you'd like to add?
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback   Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 11:46

very nice Brute but still has weaknesses,
you might have to consider the other Choices:
at lvl12 Dog instead of + 3 Strength for Richter
at lvl13 +3 Agi for Iron Fist
at lvl16 6th sense for Flamme
then you are good to go with the best path you find all way to BL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback   Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 16:07

Still not a great brute. I'd change destiny again. It isn;t a ninja cuz you have knife. If he gets shuriken out before knife you're hurting. Yeah you have martial arts and high strength, but the fact that he's level 20 should tell you he isn't spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback   Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 10:18

Rico, thank you as always :) I agree that he needs more Agi.

Mantis, the knife is a very good multi-hit weapon. He doesn't show it in this battle but he's attacked as many as 8-10 consecutive times before. Because of this + his MA-boosted fist, losing the shurikens hasn't been a big deal so far (it's happened), though it may in the higher ranks.

I'm well aware that he's no cbarron11 but I don't think he's as bad as you suggest. Brutes don't win tournaments at single-digit levels anymore. No one in my SPR tournaments over the past week managed to win prior to LV 20...do you know of any recent exceptions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback   Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Case study: 100mk2: How the worst brute ever made his comeback
Page 1 of 1