My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

PunchDrunk

Go down 
+12
S4nt0S
puppywhirl
Rico
NixxxoN
HongKongFui
Rippraff
xteenager
Tama
mantis33
grizzlism
Teethymo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

PunchDrunk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 13:53

A bit of an update: so far, the 3 force has been really good, giving him a lot more power in punching and sword, and even a point more of shuriken damage. Very useful, though he's had bad draws in the last few tourneys and all the guys who used to beat him still beat him. Last night took 3 endurance over the massue, an easy choice if not the most inspiring.

In the other destiny, this level is glaive vs. endurance, so he hasn't lost anything, just traded the whip for some force. He did 18 fights last night and 20 the night before, and he needs 25 fights to gain the next level, at which point I'll be looking for either some really great skill or more of that sweet agility.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 14:58

+ 3 endurance vs massue
Not bad, hope it will take some time before the boomerang effect... because it's kinda frustrating to see it come back twice or more.

Still waiting for the jackpot like me and my Seung^^.
Kitty should recover her sai (lvl 15) tomorrow. Kinda hard to challenge brutes 3 levels upper.
And Tanya is my best friend... Punchy seems to like her hammer too Wink.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 21:00

Can anyone else tell me what punch damage you're getting with a brute that has 10 force and martial arts?
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 00:13

strength 9 with opponent without extra thick skin or armure
16-19-16-20-21
http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/86252796?chk=f9ad

strength 9 with opponent without extra thick skin or armure
15 -16-17-18-19-20
http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/86256127?chk=f8fc
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 13:15

Thanks Rico, it appears then that 19-22 is not out of line for strength of 10, so PD's high agility does not increase the punching damage at all.
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 13:57

well i know you might be hoping for some agi in lvl20+ but imo if you keep getting Strength you might find it much more usefull (at some Point vs certain Opponents) than Agility because you allready have Material Arts and Perserevant.

so the Main Idea is: if Agi or Str both are exactly what you need. IT is with no doubt a 100% Dream Brute. oh boy i am soooooooooo jealous right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 14:00

no. str for punch will never be as good as agi

an so what? ive been deadly jealous about punch from the time i saw him Razz
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 14:13

well i saw him first so i get to be jealous more than you xteen Razz
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 14:14

Agreed with xteenager -- not only is agility PunchDrunk's main line of defense, but it increases the damage of his shuriken by a lot more than strength does. So a bit more strength is a good thing, but it's not as good as more agility. Looking for something great tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 14:19

if only they make meditation for agility lol!
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 15:32

Something great did not come. I got crappeur and took 3 rapidite instead.

So my path since turning down the whip has been:

(whip) vs. 3 Force
(massue) vs. 3 Endurance
(baton) vs. 3 Endurance
(baton) vs. 3 Rapidite
(crappeur) vs. 3 Rapidite

This path sucks. While I will grant that 3 force turned out to be a better pick than whip, what followed has been a total waste. If I'd stayed on the other path, I would have 39 agility and looking forward to Tornado next level. That's what I'm going to do come Biceps, although I get the feeling I'll have yet another level of Sabre to get past before I win.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 16:21

I prefer trappeur over speed. (I love your crappeur btw Razz)
In fact, you just want to take the perfect to win against Kitty and her 1 pt in speed^^.

Yeah, more seriously, this kind of path was more in my nightmares. affraid
It seems you'll be forced to take back the whip and your freaking agility.

That's the trend, Kitty will take +3 agi tomorrow and after... terra incognita *_*
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 16:28

told u it was dumb to change

i now think ur not gonna be first bicep, 2nd or 3rd( lupo)

gl
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 18:31

I make fun of trappeur, but it's not a bad skill. Problem is, it's only useful against brutes with pets, and only if I kill them and then eat them. Since I know my opponents pretty well at this point, it's a very niche skill and I'm really better off with more speed, which I can use on every turn of every fight.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 01:23

Sai vs. 3 Agilite?
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 01:43

sai
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 01:44

sai, shuriken, epee just might be the best possible weapon set-up in the game. I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:14

Sai. Punchy lacks means to disarm the opponent.

You have more luck than me at least for this level. My last choice on Kitty was +3 spd vs +2 str +1 spd. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 13:00

i see you allready took sai,
i would have taken the Agility though Very Happy. because it will make your ninjas do more damage Points and Punchdrunk does not have to worry about disarming weapons because he can dodge most of them.
anyway Good Luck in the next couple of tours, after the big brutes are gone to satan , i can easily expect him to win the tour even right now at lvl23
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 13:14

I did take the sai, mainly because I had to jump in the tourney and wanted the upgrade before the tourney ran. Haven't watched the fights yet.

Yes, the sai is a good bonus, an excellent weapon, not as potent as choc would be, but matches well with the increased rapidite in this path. Better than another nothing stat boost, but I'm not sure I'm ahead of where I was in the other path at this level. We shall soon see.

Update: well that just sucked. Drew Adritaker in the first round and didn't dodge one punch. NOT ONE! Even the bear got a shot in. Sai got blocked and immediately bounced off of tete-de-fer without doing any damage. Bloody hell.

Last edited by Teethymo on Wed 06 Oct 2010, 13:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 13:18

yes id take agi anytime!
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 16:17

Teethy wrote:
Update: well that just sucked. Drew Adritaker in the first round and didn't dodge one punch. NOT ONE! Even the bear got a shot in. Sai got blocked and immediately bounced off of tete-de-fer without doing any damage. Bloody hell.

Tete de fer is really annoying; sometimes it seems like it doesn't work at all and sometimes all the weapons drop on the first hit. I could have avenged you but Truque beats me in a close match. By the way, thiefs (especially with a lot of agi) are a bad match for you.
You aren't lucky. Today Adritaker, yesterday Fifa...
At least, Djanfi has won. Still waiting for Nephelia ! 🐱

Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 15:18

Another day when I did not dominate the world, though I did win more fights this time. I managed to get 20 training fights in again and got to the semis, where I got my ass kicked by Adritaker again. I hate to say it but that's a really good brute. On the bright side, I did beat Indica for the first time and Zinette, and Indica was completely due to the sai taking away her shield in the first round.

The sai is a good weapon for PunchDrunk, though he doesn't use it often or for very long. It doesn't do much damage at all, and it doesn't seem to be any more accurate than his fists. The disarm is nice when it works, but it's a far cry from Choc, and it's given me 1 or 2 blocks but that's no big deal. I should be able to level up again tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 15:42

We had the same executioner... (in 1/8 for me) Adritaker is really a good brute. Kitty needs something else to win a little more. Let's pray for tonight. 🐱
You want choc and I want martial arts Razz

The sai is really less acccurate than the knife. The more I fight the more I realize this. At least, your sai was quite useful against Zinette. And it's quite light so you can jump with it.

Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 16:12

I have noticed the same thing, I have a brute with both sai and knife and the sai is easier to block, though both are hard to dodge.

To tell the truth, I'd rather have increvable. Choc is nice against some brutes but when I had 40+ agility, I had no trouble slaying ninjas. What gets me now is brutes with net/fierce or marteau-pilon who can kill me with one undodgeable attack. Increvable at this point might redeem this path, but right now I just want my whip and agility back. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PunchDrunk
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version :: Brutes Threads & Destiny Analysis-
Jump to: