My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons

Go down 
+2
Tama
Markus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus

This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Empty
PostSubject: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 22:34

cbarron11 has a choice between Baton and +3 Endurance at LV 9.
I take the Endurance, get Trappeur at LV 10 and guess what my choices for LV 11 are?
That's right: Baton and +3 Agility.

If I take the Agility, I get Baton again at LV 13.

So this time, in Ame de Berserk, I take a very risky gamble and choose a different path starting from LV 8:
Knife (Couteau) vs. +3 Speed. I've always taken the Knife, so this time I take the Speed.

All is well until LV 12: Baton vs. +3 Speed. I choose the Speed.
LV 13: Knife (Couteau) vs. +3 Strength. I take the Strength.
LV 14: Knife (Couteau) vs. +3 Strength. Same choices as LV 13! I take the Strength again.
LV 15: Baton vs. +3 Agility. I take the Agility.

Who knows what LV 16 will bring? Knife (Couteau) again? Or Baton again?

Why does the game want me to take a shitty Baton so badly?

Man, I am so sick and frustrated about this shitty game!
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 23:41

That's quite logical when you think about it.

The basic weapons (knife, glaive, baton...) are bound to have a higher probability to be proposed.
If not, everyone would take a flail and the game is not interesting.

That's why you're really happy when you have something different Wink.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 00:02

The baton is not a bad weapon... Sure there are better ones but I would take it over several other weapons
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Markus

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 00:06

NixxxoN wrote:
The baton is not a bad weapon... Sure there are better ones but I would take it over several other weapons

I think it is a shitty weapon Very Happy

Weak, low damage, high chance of getting disarmed.

Of course, everyone wants a Flail or Noodle Bowl but Baton/Bumps/etc. are among the least desirable weapons of all. In my opinion, at least. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 00:09

Tama wrote:
That's quite logical when you think about it.

The basic weapons (knife, glaive, baton...) are bound to have a higher probability to be proposed.
If not, everyone would take a flail and the game is not interesting.

That's why you're really happy when you have something different Wink.
It's not just about probability. Not every level-up path is assigned to you as if it were a random draw.

My theory about this game is that you can't escape your fate. That's why your level-up trees are called destinies.

Let's think about it this way: at every level-up you have 2 choices. If the game generated a truly random level-up tree for every brute, there would be 2^(N-1) unique paths to take by level N. That would require an ass-load of storage space, not to mention that there aren't enough unique skills/weapons/pets. So in reality, every player's level-up tree has a lot of duplicate branches, just that you don't know where exactly those are. However, they are more common than you might think. Someone just needs to figure out what the algorithm is, so we can hopefully unlock our full destinies and seek out the optimal paths, heh.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 07:38

Markus wrote:
NixxxoN wrote:

I think it is a shitty weapon Very Happy

Weak, low damage, high chance of getting disarmed.

Of course, everyone wants a Flail or Noodle Bowl but Baton/Bumps/etc. are among the least desirable weapons of all. In my opinion, at least. Very Happy

Baton does have Impact+6th sense+Pugnacious appearing randomly, I think no other weapon has it. Baton + big strenght is good... well in fact baton is much likely way better at high levels, but not so much here in muxxu.
IMO Bumps is far worse, the worst accuracy and damage is not that high. The bumps is IMO one of the very few crap weapons along with the keyboard (and the piou piouz?)

Last edited by NixxxoN on Mon 04 Oct 2010, 08:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Markus

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 08:15

By the way, the level-up trees repeating themselves isn't happening only with cbarron11. 100mk1 was offered the Mammoth's Bone for the third or fourth time at LV 22. I refused it yet again, this time for a strength upgrade. :) He already has whip.
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 15:23

I looked over all my spreadsheets.

The most common weapon is knife.
2nd is baton.
3rd is glaive.

Everybody can expect to see these weapons offered more and more as you level up too because picking other skills/weapons removes the possibilities from the pool.

I don't see rare weapons being offered multiple times (looking only at weapon offers in a single destiny)... I don't even see one instance of uncommon weapons like trident offered twice. It's always the common weapons: knife > baton > glaive > lance > massue > mammoth bone > hatchet (in order of rarity) that get offered more than once (Hmm because they are common, huh.)
Back to top Go down
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 16:30

With a friend, back in the old version of this game, we made some tests on excel with macro and so on...

In terms of quantity, the first weapon was the glaive and then the knife, the baton, ect... until the poele. Kitty will have an heartbreaking choice tomorrow between baton and + 3 agi U_U

I got a spear offered twice but no rare weapon.
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 16:31

look at noise from level 9 to 12 choices

glaive [3 agi]
glaive [3 str]
glaive [3 agi ]
[net] 3 end

glaive 3 times in a row Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Tama
Tama

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 16:36

Xteen wrote:
glaive 3 times in a row Laughing

I have the same with the knife on my kitty 🐱

Now at least, I already have club, glaive, knife, spear.
Hope it will clear a bit my path.

Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 20:26

i dont take glaive cause im waiting till theif! after theif, i might dont take choc hoping for increvable or even contre
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Markus

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 22:34

Guess which options I was given at Level 17...

Baton vs. +3 Force.

I took the +3 Force.

Urge to strangle MT developers rising...
Back to top Go down
demono3
demono3

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitimeSat 17 Sep 2011, 17:51

Glad I found this thread!

So in the sight of what you say:
I have a brute with shield and feline agility. And I got offered knife few times. Well - knife isnt my favourite weapon, but I heard it goes well with shield (but I dont have much speed yet).

So do you think it is a good idea in general to take one of these bad weapons (but the one that corresponds well with your other skills) - just to delete it from equation and never be offered this again? Then you would have place for other things that may be much better.

Like I have a new brute with strong arm. If I get offered mamooth bone or bumps - maybe it is not an automatical choice of the other thing (stats) - but it is worth considering to take one of these not soo good weapons - to have more chance of getting something better and not bumps - bumps - bumps - baton - bumps etc...

???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons   This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
Page 1 of 1