My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Total moon eclipse (21st of december)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S4nt0S
S4nt0S

Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Empty
PostSubject: Total moon eclipse (21st of december)   Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 18:56

This eclipse is supposed to be one of the best ever. What makes this years’ eclipse so special is the fact that the moon will be very high in the sky and so the eclipse will be seen from coast to coast. (And as Trish of points out in a comment below, it is the first total lunar eclipse to occur during the Winter Solstice since 1378!)

Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Tle2010dec21-estw

Lunar eclipses always occur at full moon when the moon is behind the Earth from the sun and the Earth’s shadow is cast upon the moon. Therefore, both lunar and solar eclipses can only occur when the Earth, Sun and Moon are directly aligned.

Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Eclipse

Why Will the Moon Look Copper?

Theoretically, the moon should disappear from sight during totality, since it is completely in the Earth’s shadow. But in this eclipse, the moon will become a gorgeous copper color because of the Earth’s atmosphere. (If the Earth had no atmosphere, the moon would be completely dark during an eclipse. The red coloring arises because some sunlight still reaches the moon. Only direct sunlight is blocked. However, for the light that does manage to reach the moon, it must pass through a long and dense layer of the Earth’s atmosphere, where it is scattered. Shorter wavelengths are more likely to be scattered by the small particles, and so by the time the light has passed through the atmosphere, the longer wavelengths dominate. This resulting light we perceive as red.)

Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Eclipse-580x463
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Total moon eclipse (21st of december)   Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 01:20

very nice infos, i will try to watch a live cam from several spots in the world, where it will be clear to watch.
sadly in Germany we wont have clear Sky to watch it. it has been quite a while since i saw the Sun or the Moon Sad
Back to top Go down
S4nt0S
S4nt0S

PostSubject: Re: Total moon eclipse (21st of december)   Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 02:06

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nasa-msfc

Here you can see it live.

Im my country we can watch it perfectly (VENEZUELA)
Back to top Go down
Nasic
Nasic

PostSubject: Re: Total moon eclipse (21st of december)   Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 03:11

rico wrote:
very nice infos, i will try to watch a live cam from several spots in the world, where it will be clear to watch.
sadly in Germany we wont have clear Sky to watch it. it has been quite a while since i saw the Sun or the Moon
Same here I'm afraid, very foggy and my house is covered in snow -__-';;
Back to top Go down
S4nt0S
S4nt0S

PostSubject: Re: Total moon eclipse (21st of december)   Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 03:22

Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Fxxo91

I think i catch an OVNI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total moon eclipse (21st of december)   Total moon eclipse (21st of december) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Total moon eclipse (21st of december)
Page 1 of 1