My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Empty
PostSubject: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 17:41

After NEVER having any single error with Squirrel, this error happened today:

Code:
Error: The statement was aborted because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint or unique index identified by 'SQL090613211554890' defined on 'BRUTES'.
SQLState:  23505
ErrorCode: 30000
Error occured in:
Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'deba497ad54b0e41a234395852ebaa',1,'(((PASS)))')

Its not a problem about THIS line, because if I remove it, the next one will give error too.

I dont think its a database capacity problem... i have only 40000 pupils on this database, as far as I know, the databases can have many more pupils !
Do i need to start with a new blank database? I would prefer to solve this problem..

Please can someone help?? :|
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 17:46

As shown by Squirrel, you have duplicate values in your SQL inserts statements, or values that were previously already existing in the database.
Note that if you do not start with a blank database and you have a table "brutes2" then adding brutes in table "brutes" will be useless because fights for these new brutes will not be done, see here.

You can turn off all these messages, or at least avoid Squirrel to stop on such messages: "File" -> "New session properties" -> "SQL" -> uncheck "Abort on error"
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 18:09

what, turn off the messages? But won't the errors make the database be broken or something?
If there is no easy fix, I can start a fresh new database, no problem...
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 18:18

No they won't be broken Wink
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 18:18

NixxxoN wrote:
what, turn off the messages? But won't the errors make the database be broken or something?
If there is no easy fix, I can start a fresh new database, no problem...
These are not database errors. Nothing is "broken". Reread the Squirrel message you have posted. Only annoyance is that by default Squirrel interrupts the inserts, therefore this will solve your problem (except what I mentioned above regarding table brutes2).
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 18:25

I have a BC 1.202 to insert the brutes, and I always make a copy of the database when I run the fights. So when I insert more pupils to the database, its always like starting with a new one... So there shouldnt be problems at all.... but oh well nevermind, I think i will start a new DB because it would take too long if its too big. Anyone's got a download link for an empty 1.202 datbase please??
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 18:29

Should be fine then if you have a backup with fights not being run from it.

You can download a blank database either from my script release topic or the original Brutal Combo release topic.
Back to top Go down
Subman(R)
admin
admin
Subman(R)

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 19:27

Sioc wrote:
As shown by Squirrel, you have duplicate values in your SQL inserts statements, or values that were previously already existing in the database.
Note that if you do not start with a blank database and you have a table "brutes2" then adding brutes in table "brutes" will be useless because fights for these new brutes will not be done, see here.

You can turn off all these messages, or at least avoid Squirrel to stop on such messages: "File" -> "New session properties" -> "SQL" -> uncheck "Abort on error"

So, if I turn this off(and I have now) it will complete insertions now for non-duplicate pupils? Lists sent to me have had many duplicates in them. This "off" would be a labor saver.
Back to top Go down
http://submans.shutterfly.com/
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 20:06

Subman(R) wrote:
So, if I turn this off(and I have now) it will complete insertions now for non-duplicate pupils?
Yes :-)
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 22:09

thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Subman(R)
admin
admin
Subman(R)

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitimeMon 18 Apr 2011, 22:34

NixxxoN wrote:
thanks for the help!

BIG DITTO :albino:
Back to top Go down
http://submans.shutterfly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!   Problem with Squirrel and BC database!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with Squirrel and BC database!!
Page 1 of 1