Catching Up the Newbies Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Catching Up the Newbies

Go down 
+8
I Fail At MyBrute
ckl
HongKongFui
lord.neox
lookout76
xteenager
Teethymo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

Catching Up the Newbies Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2011, 20:43

Hi folks -- this thread is for us Muxxu veterans to pass on wisdom to all those new people just discovering it through muxxu.com. We've been at this for a year now and we know that this version of the game is way different from version 1, what with all the new skills and advancement structure, it's easy to get lost or make bad choices. So let's lay out the most important things that newbs want to look out for with their new brutes.

1. Write down your destiny. Write down every choice you get at every level and save it in a spreadsheet somewhere. If you forget it, and mess it up in the next rank, you may not be able to find that awesome destiny again.

2. Agiilty no longer rules. The reasons for this are complex, but take my word for it. Weapon accuracy is different, there are limits on dodging percentage, high strength increases your chance to hit, and the Perseverant skill (new word?) takes down untouchables.

3. Ninja brutes. Brutes that have shurikens as their only weapon are very, very hard to beat. You'll see why soon enough. You can do this yourself, of course, by getting shuriken as your first weapon and turning down all others. Not possible in v1.

4. Counter attack is very powerful. The best combo in the game is two simple skills, Shield and Counter attack. If you get these with a good blocking weapon you can be very very hard to beat. And it's not that hard to get.

5. Immortals are awesome. Hard to believe, but it's true. Immortals, especially ones with Vitality, are extremely good brutes. They are also extraordinarily rare, and the skill seldom appears in the first handful of levels, so don't waste your time creating 1000 accounts trying to get one on your first day. If you do see it, though, take it.

6. Choose only good weapons. You don't need many, so refuse the ones that suck and take the good ones. The best ones are flail (impossible to block), whip, longsword, sai (automatic disarm), leek (always hits), mug (works with martial arts), trident, shuriken. The worst are fan, club, mammoth bone, axe, keyboard, racket. Good blocking weapons are sai, broadsword, staff.

7. Martial Arts is the most important skill. It is rare for an elite brute to not have martial arts. It is possible to have a fantastic brute with MA and no weapons at all.

8. Pets kinda suck. They sap your life points and often don't do much. The bear is extremely slow. The wolf can be deadly to weak opponents but a strong one will have no problem with it. Dogs are just meat shields. I have seen a few good brute builds that include pets, but mostly they are a waste.
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeTue 31 May 2011, 22:34

How can I thumb up this thread? ah darn I cant but damn thats a great guide for the newbs here Teethy good job. I dont post much anymore but this was worth to give you credit for.

Just for the newbs out there, this does not sum up the whole game, there are combos that work perfectly with each other and other kind of builds. But this cannot be described and you gotta find that all by yourselves.
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
lookout76
lookout76

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Jun 2011, 01:11

Very good...helped me out alot! Thanks(:
Back to top Go down
lord.neox
lord.neox

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Jun 2011, 01:34

good job man
Back to top Go down
http://lord.neox.elbruto.es/cellule

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011, 17:07

Thanks for the Info Teethy

By the way how's the FR players in the forum
?
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2011, 19:05

Yep, very good guide.

tbh: I was wondering about Ā§1 as I always do that without writing it down.

until a couple of days ago when I ruined snibas destiny with a wrong choice... now I creep around in cheeky slapper without a weapon and there is a new piece of paper on my desk called: snibas destiny Razz...
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 09:02

very good teethymo cheers realy usefull for new players Brute

but some corrections Razz

Teethymo wrote:

3. Ninja brutes. Brutes that have shurikens as their only weapon are very, very hard to beat. You'll see why soon enough. You can do this yourself, of course, by getting shuriken as your first weapon and turning down all others. Not possible in v1. they can easy be defeated with disarm skills

4. Counter attack is very powerful. The best combo in the game is two simple skills, Shield and Counter attack. If you get these with a good blocking weapon you can be very very hard to beat. And it's not that hard to get.
best blocking weapons: Poele,Sai,Broadsword,Baton

6. Choose only good weapons. You don't need many, so refuse the ones that suck and take the good ones. The best ones are flail (impossible to block), whip, longsword, sai (automatic disarm), leek (always hits), mug (works with martial arts), trident, shuriken. The worst are fan, club, mammoth bone, axe, keyboard, racket. Good blocking weapons are sai, broadsword, staff.
best weapons in order: Flail,Shuriken,Sai,Whip,epee,leek,mug

8. Pets kinda suck. They sap your life points and often don't do much. The bear is extremely slow. The wolf can be deadly to weak opponents but a strong one will have no problem with it. Dogs are just meat shields. I have seen a few good brute builds that include pets, but mostly they are a waste.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 20:24

I think only shuriken- brutes still can be very strong...
Back to top Go down
I Fail At MyBrute
I Fail At MyBrute

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2011, 22:04

not all the good brutes are ninjas...
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jun 2011, 14:55

I Fail At MyBrute wrote:
not all the good brutes are ninjas...

nobody said that: what I said: brutes with only shuriken as a weapon can be very strong. of course there are stronger sets than that...
Back to top Go down
I Fail At MyBrute
I Fail At MyBrute

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 23:00

oh, my bad. I thought you said "Only shuriken-based brutes are strong" meaning that they are the only good brutes in the game. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jun 2011, 06:24

they are very good, but a brute with disarm skills [shock,vandalisme] can easy beat they
Back to top Go down
Madmooney
Madmooney

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 16:23

Ah well.... I do like my Bone and my little Hatchet. And I'm without Martial Arts, I declined on offer. And I have a Wolf. Kinda the antithesis of those recommendations above.
Hmm. Should I retire this brute? Wink
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 17:27

yes... I don't know which level you get the wolf, but getting the wolf early @level 1-3 can be very misleading... you think you rule because of course you grow fast and win the first tourneys easy, but in late game you suddenly realise that a wolf is not everything.

and you declined martial arts? you're the first person I ever heard of doing that mistake as martial arts is an essential in muxxu...
Back to top Go down
Madmooney
Madmooney

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 21:45

I've had the possibility seeing my destiny from different angles and choices, since I'm Avenger already. There were some choices not presented like shield & net when I went that way with martial arts. I declined MA the first time because I then didn't knew what it does, to be honest.
As I took it (and I tried that route twice) I got bumps then, which I couldn't really use with any reasonable success, even with herculean strength. Took me to level 20 to get out of Fist.
I don't really think I rule, as you said... but... I'm quite happy at this place.
And I was kidding with that question about retirement. I wouldn't dream about it.
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 23:23

I like this guy Sunny Smile reminds me of mantis a little Pom Pom Smiley

oh and Welcome
Back to top Go down
Madmooney
Madmooney

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSun 03 Jul 2011, 23:34

Thanks! Bounce
Now we better get lost before someone yells Hijacked
Back to top Go down
zoo512

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 07:33

A "ninja" brute also benefits from shield, high agility, extar thick skin, and armor. A high strength hasn't seemed to help my "ninja" much. Of course, taking "choc" or "vandalisme" doesn't help with this kind of brute, so avoid those, since you're hitting with a thrown weapon...for the newbies, the old timers know this already.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Jul 2011, 09:50

If you already know after MA there's only bullshit then you don't have another choice Sad

Of course nobody would retire an avenger... I'm sticking at iron fists Razz
Back to top Go down
fasttrapper

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 04:24

Thanks so much for this post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up the Newbies   Catching Up the Newbies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching Up the Newbies
Page 1 of 1