My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

How to become/be the best Moderator possible.

Go down 
+6
Ossionic
FlamingToaster
Anylopectina12
slyder
Jill Sandwich
KiwiMan
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 05:18

So what you're saying is that people's ability to moderate, in your opinion, is directly proportional to your like/dislike of them?

So you dislike me and that makes me bad moderator material, but you like Jill so that makes her good moderator?

Because in your quotes you're judging me against the "ideal moderator" are you not? Because if you're just using your dislike towards me as the foundation as to whether or not I am fit to be a moderator then you're pretty much a hostile witness who's motivation isn't within the best interest of the forum, but of your own personal vendetta against me.

In other words, you would surely abuse your powers against me at first opportunity and that goes against your original post - you must act equal to all members.

I believe you just made yourself into a hypocrite.

Also, shouldn't this have been posted in the Off Topics section because this does not involve My Brute:

General Discussion
Post anything related to My Brute.
Back to top Go down
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 05:46

heroinmonkey wrote:

Also, shouldn't this have been posted in the Off Topics section because this does not involve My Brute:
General Discussion
Why don't you do it heroin. To lazy?
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 06:02

FlamingToaster wrote:
heroinmonkey wrote:

General Discussion
Why don't you do it heroin. To lazy?

LOL... nice attempt at taking a shot at me, but I only moderate the Guides and Info section, if I had moderation over this section as well, it would be cleaned up and organized appropriately.
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 11:56

Right. To stay on topic;

"A good moderate not only does a good job, but is loved by everyone because he is so nice and friendly"

Would you fit both those traits heroin?

That's not an attack, just harmless question...

Because, though you might be the next mod on these forums, only (say) 2 - 3 people like you!!

You see what i'm getting to here?
Back to top Go down
Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 12:20

Ossionic wrote:
Right. To stay on topic;

"A good moderate not only does a good job, but is loved by everyone because he is so nice and friendly"

Would you fit both those traits heroin?
That's not an attack, just harmless question...
Because, though you might be the next mod on these forums, only (say) 2 - 3 people like you!!
You see what i'm getting to here?

Sorry, but that line is pretty funny when it comes to practicality and creates a nice double edged sword question.
"loved by everyone" - so now you're implying someone's opinion of a good moderator should be made into a doctrine because you may agree with it?

Obama isn't loved by everyone, but does that make him unfit to be president?

Before you attempt to detract the argument by saying "being president isn't the same as being a moderator", I'll nip it in the bud by saying both are identical in that by appointment both are given powers above those they preside over.

And to answer your question, I would prefer a moderator who could act within the same impartiality and objectivity when dealing with those who they like or dislike equally regardless of that person's opinion of them.

Also, would like to add that this has been added to the rules:
(since it needs to be in writing before certain people will acknowledge as a rule)

vi. No Swearing
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 13:07

Here you go again, blinding yourself as to whats right and whats wrong!

I'll play along though, nothing better to do since i'm back at work :)

Sooo;
Quote :

so now you're implying someone's opinion of a good moderator should be made into a doctrine because you may agree with it?

Yes i am actually Wink With my taughts i'm representing the general public and the users of this forum, who i'm sure will agree with me once they read this..

(if they even do.. Somone like jill will say Tl dr and brush it off haha)

Quote :

Obama isn't loved by everyone, but does that make him unfit to be president?

Obama isn't loved by everyone. but he's loved by 3/4 of the world

There are 10 k users on this forum (right?).. About 50 active.. 3 of them like you. the rest think ur a prick.. thats a literal 3/50 ..

Now spot the differnce between you and obama! (lol nice comparison btw Wink )

Quote :
I would prefer a moderator who could act within the same impartiality and objectivity when dealing with those who they like or dislike equally regardless of that person's opinion of them.

In a business forum, you'd be brilliant. With your choice of words and your stubborness you'd keep everyone discplined and you might also make a few business deals! But Hey!!

It's a bloody game forum!! A user wants to enjoy himself as much as possible here.. With that being said, you tell me how they would be able to do that with a hated moderator which everyone steers away from?

Something that simple could effect whether a user stays or joins another community, and in the long run, the popularity of the forum.. Isnt that a big deal??

--

Meh. Knowing you, you will now just come back with some explantion or reasoning that has little to none to do with what i just said, as you just did above. But once again, it's none of my business. So whatever Wink

P.S. Swearing is only bad around people who mind it. If it's a convo between friends/ adults then there's no harm in it. We live in 2009 - No need to over dramatize a few words.
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 13:28

Ossionic wrote:

There are 10 k users on this forum (right?).. About 50 active.. 3 of them like you. the rest think ur a prick.. thats a literal 3/50 .

Please list the 50 people that you've polled here so that they may vote.

https://mybrute.forumotion.com/off-topics-f7/so-i-m-a-prick-ossionic-t1691.htm
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 14:03

Lol good idea!

Replied on the poll and voted..

You may lock this, Sir. Or whichever admin see's this!
Back to top Go down
kaixxpzs
kaixxpzs

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 14:48

being a moderator is hard.
Back to top Go down
http://demitia-300.mybrute.com
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:56

Ossionic wrote:
Lol good idea!

Replied on the poll and voted..

You may lock this, Sir. Or whichever admin see's this!
No need for this to be locked, just stickied and pruned.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 19:36

LOL @ stickied.... aren't you acting just a bit delusional?

I am going to google moderator rules and post endless threads so people will think I'm a moderator efficiency expert!!!

Wow, there is going to be alot of threads!!

Results 1 - 10 of about 24,900,000 for what makes a good moderator.
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 00:31

being a mod is just easy but being an admin is so hard.. u have pack of jobs like updating the forum, helping members out [things on admin cp]

etc etc

not like a mod
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 02:18

Hey being a mod has it's difficulties too Mad
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 03:11

No offense Kiwi, but why are you trying to talk(15) about what it takes to be a good mod when you are no longer a mod?

P.S. tl;dr
Back to top Go down
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 06:36

mantis33 wrote:
No offense Kiwi, but why are you trying to talk(15) about what it takes to be a good mod when you are no longer a mod?

P.S. tl;dr
Why not?
Heroin is not a good Mod I posted this to help him, he thinks I straight away ripped this but I did not.
This is good for anyone to use, help users understand what goes into a good Moderator and how to become one themselves, if they applied themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 07:59

Kiwi, you're opinion is your opinion.
It is however unwarranted and unsubstantiated.
We don't care if you've been a mod on every forum on the planet.... we don't care.
It's not significant.
Your opinions are not factual, nor are they valid.
You are not an authority.
You are not an expert.
You are not a prodigy.

What do you want Kiwi?
What do you expect by continuing bombarding us with your former glory?

A cookie? A gold star?
Seriously, no one cares or sees you as an authority... nor do I need your help.
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 09:49

Why do you address him like he did a crime?

It's clear you don't like kiwi, but one needs to keep in mind; His intentions wheren't of a 'proud' or of an 'authority' nature.

He only wanted to give us something (which he once found useful) to read about mods , so he decided to share it with us. If someone has experience with something, why shouldnt he share it with those who are willing to listen? .. Because then we'd be the proud ones, if we just told him off for it!

You're calling kiwi out to be in the wrong. But he's not... Your reaction and behavior to him posting this however is.

-- You can note that as another help attempt if u like, in a 'seing things from all angles' lesson.
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 10:49

Ossionic wrote:

His intentions wheren't of a 'proud' or of an 'authority' nature.

KiwiMan wrote:

Heroin is not a good Mod I posted this to help him.

I could also note that it's obvious you dislike me and could just as easily point out that your intentions are not without a bit of biasedness as well or do you think that every forum member who doesn't agree with your standards, principles or ethics is a prick as well?

Should we go back to the flaming and personal attacks you personally made in the shoutbox towards me as being a fair and true example of model forum behavior even if I disregarded the constant swearing? Seeing as how you're trying to "get through to me" your sense of idealism and appropriateness.

Last edited by heroinmonkey on Thu 28 May 2009, 10:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 10:56

Eh originally i'm sure he didn't post this for you.. he posted it for eveyrone..

if he wanted to show it to you alone he would've said so or just PMd..

You must've upset him and so he posts that 'for heroin' thing later on.
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 11:06

Nah, he has been on a constant attack mode against me ever since I was given moderation powers over the guides and info section. Since I have been appointed, he has gone out of his way to speak against me hoping to gain a following as an earlier post in this thread was documented.

He is only upset that he was demoted from moderator status and that a person "like me" was given it.

Now, since you're speaking on behalf of his intention, I pose this simple question for you:

Kiwi used to be a moderator/admin here and yet during that time it never occurred to him to post a guide or whatever... yet soon after Jill posts a thread that this forums needs more mods then all of a sudden Kiwi "rediscovers" some PM he supposedly received while he was a moderator elsewhere.

Should we count how many times within these forums where he has stated the words "I was a mod here", or words to that extent. Seriously, look at the clamor he made because he claims ownership of the rules for this forum.

His intentions were not for community benefit, it's just him posturing to become a moderator here again, nothing more, nothing less.

After he was demoted, his attention wasn't looking out for the best interest of this forum, as a matter fact he went and created a rival forum hoping to split the people here to go against fotum and join his. (He even pm'd several people here with the positions of moderators should they change forums)

His forum went bust and now all of a sudden, he "cares"... seriously if there was ever a clear cut case of self-serving actions, this one would be it's poster child.
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2009, 11:15

First off

Quote :
seriously if there was ever a clear cut case of self-serving actions, this one would be it's poster child.

- Uncalled for! Evil or Very Mad

But then again,

Well argued. Meh i guess the scale moved in favor of you at this point, but i'm not gonna take sides..

But it would be a good thing if you two somehow found a way how to at least ignore each other and stay out of each other's way.

Because i don't think it'll ever stop other wise, and you'll have people like Demon calling us cry babies for it! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to become/be the best Moderator possible.   How to become/be the best Moderator possible. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to become/be the best Moderator possible.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2