My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Skill's Weakness and Strength

Go down 
+12
OmgWhatABrute
Neutrino
rugguy65
Void
Remzzo
FlamingToaster
Death Str1ke
KNR49
heroinmonkey
redneck-giant99
Jill Sandwich
Negative Zephyr
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OmgWhatABrute
OmgWhatABrute

Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 14:52

Neutrino wrote:
I've been wondering how the % in armour and damage bonuses work.
When u get armour, is the % constant? or does it range during the battle?

Extra thick skinn reduce the damage by %. Good against high damage weeps/brutes
Armour reduce the damage by 5 ( maybe a little more ). Good against low damage weps/brutes
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 16:57

Negative Zephyr wrote:

Agility doesn't affect Accuracy..
Your weapon used affects the accuracy. Implacable is only for increasing Accuracy of the weapon and your hit...

for sure it does, with a high agilitydifference in your favour, almost every stroke is a hit. with illmove14 i hit a low(er)-agility brute easily even with bumps, no need for implacable there.

and i doubt, that armour reduces damage up to 90%, where do you have these dates from?
Back to top Go down
OmgWhatABrute
OmgWhatABrute

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 17:19

harpyieklein wrote:
Negative Zephyr wrote:

Agility doesn't affect Accuracy..
Your weapon used affects the accuracy. Implacable is only for increasing Accuracy of the weapon and your hit...

for sure it does, with a high agilitydifference in your favour, almost every stroke is a hit. with illmove14 i hit a low(er)-agility brute easily even with bumps, no need for implacable there.

and i doubt, that armour reduces damage up to 90%, where do you have these dates from?

I can confirm this. Im 100% sure agility affect accuracy. Have emulated lots of fights and brutes like harpys illmove hit my dodge brute often, while low agility imortal brutes like wintershine or fotum hardly even hit me.

Anyway, can anyone tell if speed works at all?? Just for fun i have simulated fights with low speed vs. high speed brutes and actually, it made me laught. Low speed brute like illmove hit just as often as a brute with 80+ in speed. I could not tell any differance
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 17:22

This is very true. Having very high agility is almost like having Implacable.
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 17:23

it does make a difference, cause you get extra rounds sometimes, but luck, 6th sense & tornado of blows turn speed out very ineffective, therefore strength & agility are superior, they have a more direct effect.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 17:25

Yaboirobby wrote:

if the agility-difference is high enough, it is even better than implacable.

and it's logical that agility concerns defence & offense as well, or is a martial arts/ninja fighter only capable of defending himself? to hit & avoid hits comes together with agility...

and you should add, that strength increases the probability of blocking

strength -> block (shield), disarm (impact)
agility -> dodge (untouchable), hit opponent (implacable)
speed -> multi-hit (tornado of blows), counterattack (pugnacious), amount of rounds/fight
(don't know if 6th sense belongs to speed too, or to agility; in mybrute wiki they have blocking as an agility ability, but i doubt this)

so speed is the only main special, which offers an ability you can't get through a single special. but it's not really effective...
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 18:09

Yaboirobby wrote:

I have sensed it too..., but I'm not so sure about it...
While In the tourney.. I fight (I forgot) someone with high agility (without implacable), and the hit almost always hit me even I got Intouchable + Feline Agility...

harpyieklein wrote:
...........and i doubt, that armour reduces damage up to 90%, where do you have these dates from?
Ronga and Robby said that...
And Well, Based on my experience... A brute always damages my brute 10-12 while bare-handed.. While I level up I got armor, when I fight him again, the damage 1-3...

harpyieklein wrote:
..........if the agility-difference is high enough, it is even better than implacable.

and it's logical that agility concerns defence & offense as well, or is a martial arts/ninja fighter only capable of defending himself? to hit & avoid hits comes together with agility...

and you should add, that strength increases the probability of blocking

strength -> block (shield), disarm (impact)
agility -> dodge (untouchable), hit opponent (implacable)
speed -> multi-hit (tornado of blows), counterattack (pugnacious), amount of rounds/fight
(don't know if 6th sense belongs to speed too, or to agility; in mybrute wiki they have blocking as an agility ability, but i doubt this)

so speed is the only main special, which offers an ability you can't get through a single special. but it's not really effective...

What, Block is Strength Attribute, not Agility?? Now I'm confused..
For some reason I agree that speed is also for counter...

[Updating tommorow... I'm sleepy] :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Death Str1ke
Death Str1ke

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 18:23

I think when ur opponent has a higher agility
Than u, then they're chances of hittin u are
Higher. I also think block depends on agi as
We'll, but who knows
Back to top Go down
Neutrino
Neutrino

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 06:01

I don't think u understood what i meant, I meant for example martial arts, it says increases damage 50 to 100%. If I have this skill, does the damage range from 50% to 100% during the battle? Or is it always a certain %?
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 09:29

the probability is calculated before every stroke, not valid for the whole fight for sure...
Back to top Go down
Death Str1ke
Death Str1ke

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 15:13

another claim to back up the statistic
that high feline agi is dependent on
untouchable. A brute I made:
http://thr45her.mybrute.com/cellule
has really high agi, but no untouchable
and hardly dodges, almsot similar to
TheBrutux. I guess it could also depend
on the level of their opponent.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2009, 15:26

wouldn't second that, he dodges often enough...even cometviking dodged like the devil & biceuri does. untouchable helps a little, but isn't essential...
Back to top Go down
George Cockroach

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 09:22

this is comical. honestly. but i do agree that strong arm increase accuracy. my ax, great sword, flail and club hit many many more times when I have strong arm... especially the club.
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010, 16:44

Just a few more precisions about the effect of herculean strength, feline agility, bolt of lightning, vitality and immortal.
The following information comes by just reading off the javascript code from the Oontack tools *.js installer file.

Usually you have a given number of points N for health, strength, agility and speed which evolves according to some algorithm. To find the effective final number of points each of these number N has to be multiplied by a specific factor F which is equal to 1.0 at the beginning when the brute does not have any ability.
The effect of the abilities mentioned above is to modify these multiplicative factors F, and at the same time to add a small number of points to N.

So, the effect of:

• Herculean strength (F = 1.5):
    Final_Strength = (N_Strength + 3) * 1.5

• Feline agility (F = 1.5):
    Final_Agility = (N_Agility + 3) * 1.5

• Bolt of lightning (F = 1.5):
    Final_Speed = (N_Speed + 3) * 1.5

• Vitality (F = 1.5):
    Final_Health = (N_Health + 3) * 1.5

• Immortal (F_Health = 1.5, F_Strength = 0.75, F_Agility = 0.75, F_Speed = 0.75):
    Final_Health = N_Health * 1.5
    Final_Strength = N_Strength * 0.75
    Final_Agility = N_Agility * 0.75
    Final_Speed = N_Speed * 0.75

Example: if you have 11 strength points without herculean strength, then getting herculean strength will increase your strength points to (11 + 3) * 1.5 = 21 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skill's Weakness and Strength
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2