My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Ideal brutes.

Go down 
+8
Death Str1ke
Vox Dei
Negative Zephyr
dicklips7
mu-the-mu
BobTheBear
harpyieklein
Donimoes
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Donimoes

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 04:27

I'm interested in what people consider to be ideal. High agilty seems to be the norm, but what is considered high? 80% of level? More?

Obviously you'd want to get as close to 27 skills as possible, but what skills other than triple T, implacable, and untouchable do you think are really needed? Are strength and speed really even needed considering agility is King?

Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 07:46

strength is needed, definitely!

there are the two main branches:

1. herc. strength & feline agility producing hyper agility brutes (biceuri, illmove14, baileypussyfuck), preferable with untouchable
2. herc. strength producing hyper strength brutes & implacable (crator273, diddy351)

and something in between....

you can see what happens to a high agility brute without herc. strength on kaoru868, he hits and hits and hits...and depends on deluge.

if you have a high(est) agility brute, you don't need implacable, he hits anyway. you don't need speed either then.

if you have a brute from the 2nd branch, you can go with speed too.

triple t is overrated (you'll get it anyway eventually), important are the resulting stats.

i'd say you could spare pugnacious, net, deluge, bomb, immortal,...

really important are martial arts, tornado of blows, shield, 6th sense, tragic potion, extra thick skin/armour, an anti pet skill & survival is very useful.

so there is no "ideal" brute (you can only tell which is definitely not Wink), it depends on your preferences. i simply love to see my brute dodging & dodging and using hypnosis, others go on straight forward like a tank with implacable...
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 09:02

If you have not gone for a hyper-agile I think pugnacious becomes much more important.

If you are not going to dodge as many hits, it's important to get as many counter hits in as possible.

Their weapon selection plays a big part as well. Some weapons you just don't want! For me, they are bumps, shuriken, pio-poi (or whatever that pink thing is), noodle bowl, fan (although it does hit many times, with super strength it can be "ok"), standard sword ...

Favoured weapons for my main brute who is a stength/speed one (didy351) are his fists, knife and sai ..... and flail if going with a heavy hitting one. Distance weapons (trident, lance etc) are good as well.

Oh .... and I'm noving this to general discussion .... it's not really a tip or trick ... :)
Back to top Go down
mu-the-mu
mu-the-mu

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 09:12

This is my opinion, and is probably no-one elses.

I think that for an ideal brute you need very high agility, with strength the same as speed, with a high damage long range weapon, (like a halberd) or weapon that does medium damage and will hit lots of times. My brute (mu-the-mu) only has 2 agility, which means he gets hit constantly. But he has a shield Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dicklips7
dicklips7

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 09:41

ideally i'd want a brute with high strength, agility, and HP. so instead of triple t i'd go for strength, agility, and vitality. then to make up for low speed he'd have implacable. after that im an item whore so as many supers/specialties as possible.
Back to top Go down
Donimoes

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 14:34

BobTheBear wrote:
Oh .... and I'm noving this to general discussion .... it's not really a tip or trick ... :)

Thanks Bob, my brain was a bit mushy last night.

I appreciate the advice folks, it's given me some info to chew on. I like the idea of ditching bolt of lightning in favor of vitality. It sounds like I'd want a decent str base, but still a higher ratio of agility.

Is there a consensus on a ratio/percentage of level for agility to claim a "high" amount of agility?
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 14:48

haven't heard about a consensus yet Wink

just take a look @those high agility beasts i mentioned...

here some more:

cometviking
pi-le-puss1
gagne8
kaoru868
illmove14
baileypussyfuck
biceuri
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 15:14

For me, NO BRUTE IS IDEAL
High Agility brute is weak against Deluge, Implacable + Fast Weapon (e.g: whip)
High Speed Brute is weak against Counter
High Strength Brute is weak against Agility brute (include shield) and pets... (Hit pets then You waste turns)
High HP brute is weak against Sabotage or other weapon hater skills (Still alive but no weapon, better die already) or High Speed Brute or Both of them....

I think the most ideal brute has these skills at low level

High STR + AGI (Herculean Strength + Feline Agility) + Implacable + Untouchable + Bolt of Lightning + Tornado of Blows + High HP and/or Tragic Potion + Hypnosis and/or Cry of the Damned + Deluge at low levels....
Hammer is Optional
With Weapon: Flail or Whip in your inventory
Primary Attribute is Agility...
Hammer and Fierce Brute is Optional

But, I Personally like Strength + Implacable rather than Feline Agility + untouchable

Last edited by Negative Zephyr on Wed 05 Aug 2009, 16:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 16:16

Many of the high lvl brutes that exist atm seem to have been leveled without much thought about how good they would be at their current high lvl. The major concern seems to have been 'my brute must have higher lvl than competition', which was fine since the highest lvl brute usually wins. As a result brutes with all kinds of stat allocations/skillsets got to be high lvls. In this context it's easily undertandable why untouchable hyper agiles are all the rage atm. These are really good brutes because they have been chosen very carefully before shaking hands with their first pupil.

However, I don't think hyper agiles are the ultimate ideal type of brute. From what I've seen in simulated fights, good immortals with decent strength beat the crap out of top notch untouchable hyper agiles most of the time. I find this really ironic since immortal is so unpopular atm.

Last but not least, I don't think there's an ideal type of brute. There are just some brutes that are naturally better than others. Their stat allocation and skillset may actually be quite different. However, if there was such a thing an ideal brute, IMO it will look a LOT like Crator273 (bunch of pets + untouchable with a little agility to divert hits and hyper strength + implacable to connect heavy hits and get a fast kill).
Back to top Go down
Death Str1ke
Death Str1ke

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 16:35

^^QFT & very well thought out.
Ideal brutes are only ideal to the
creator or those that desire them.
Every brute has a weakness. This
game is all based on balance. Even
the brutes who have the most skills/
supers still get beat by those with less.

The things that have been valued in this
game by the majority are:

Immortal
Feline Agility
Untouchable
Implacable
Sabotage
Thief
Hypnosis

take ur pick. U'll be good with those 7 skills
and decent stats.
Back to top Go down
w13winni
VIP
VIP
w13winni

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 16:44

a lot of agility + felin agility + herculean force + untouchable

Last edited by w13winni on Wed 05 Aug 2009, 20:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OmgWhatABrute
OmgWhatABrute

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeWed 05 Aug 2009, 19:19

As mentioned before, an ideal brute do not exist. However some talents and weapons can be combined better then others. I prefer two kinds to "combos".
- High strenght + heavy weapons + implacable + herculena strength.
Or
- Feline agility + untouchable + high agility + shield + extra thick skinn + armour

They speak for them selfs. One do tons of damage and the other will avoid tons of damage. Deffensive/offensive.

Agility helps alot in general, but something thats worth to mention is that just having lots of agility not will perform well on its own. If you lack strength but got all the defensive talents you might not do enought damage to kill the opponent before he gets a few lucky fatal strikes on you. I have this problem with my brute fiery80. She do perform really well, but she would perform so much better if she just had more strenght.
Back to top Go down
Donimoes

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 02:53

Thanks for all the advice; it's given me a good range of brutes to aim for, we'll see which one pops up first!
Back to top Go down
Crator

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 05:39

I think harpyeklein was very right on his first post, high agility and high strenght are the 2 brute types accepted as best.
The brutes you mentioned got some differences, for example between Crator273 and diddy351. Crator is Strenght+some agility while Bob was searching for the Speed instead of that agility.
Same happens on the list of agility brutes.

In my opinion, for agilitybrutes, sabotage is another *must have* skill.

I'd also name a pair of tier 2 types, that is a "second division".
First of them would be an immortal brute with high life, some good stats, maybe near 40 strenght and agility, although agility is not that needed, with Thief, Sabotage and pugnacious. Would be good to try.
Second one is the mix of the high agility and the high strenght. With Implacable, Sabotage, and agility similar to strenght in order to hit more times (see Tornado of Blows). Untouchable would be worth having here too.
Back to top Go down
suxess
suxess

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 08:16

for me an ideal brute means to have the skills and weapons to beat every other brute - which is IMPOSSIBLE, thats why i think ideal brutes dont exsist

Last edited by suxess on Thu 06 Aug 2009, 10:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://lrugermorff.mybrute.com/cellule
harpyieklein

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 10:39

to beat every brute isn't a big deal, to be incincible is impossible Wink

wanted to add that immortal brutes obviously can ride only on the strength-rail, it has not that high effect, if immortal cuts a megastrength brute 20% of its strength and in addition speed & agility, since he still will hit with implacable & more power than most brutes. a high agility brute getting immortal is crap, for sure.
i don't say immortals of that kind are weak, but the advantage fades more & more away, the higher the brute levels, since the amount of hits/round increases...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideal brutes. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideal brutes.   Ideal brutes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideal brutes.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: General Discussion-
Jump to: