My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

bug brutal-combo and name.js

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

bug brutal-combo and name.js Empty
PostSubject: bug brutal-combo and name.js   bug brutal-combo and name.js Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 15:55

most of you know that you can edit the name.js to get other pupil names.
i just found out (perhaps you also did but i havent found sth here) that if your pupils name starts with an uppercase letter (like A, B or whatever) brutal-combo makes the first 6 fights but you dont get exp for them. you only get exp for the pupil and if you seek your pupil in mybrute.com or whatever its still level 1.

for example: your pupils name is: ABCDEF1.
brutal-combo writes sth like this:

Code:
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 1
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 2
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 3
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 4
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 5
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 6
INFO ABCDEF1 created and saved (master: *yourmaster*)

that normally means your pupil ABCDEF1 is now at level 2 or 3 and *yourmaster* got 2 or 3 exp for it.
but if you now watch out ABCDEF1.mybrute.com/cellule you see that its still on lvl 1 with no fights for today.
you can also see on *yourmaster*.mybrute.com/cellule that you just gained 1 exp for your new pupil.

its not that tragical but you loose many exp if your brutal-combo runs one day or two and you get 1 instead of 3 exp for each pupil.

if you all knew this before:
just slap me and sry for waisting your time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sMooK

PostSubject: Re: bug brutal-combo and name.js   bug brutal-combo and name.js Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 19:03

You must set opponents name in opponents.txt so brutal combo do the combat and you have other experience with pupils upper grade.

It isn't a bug.
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: bug brutal-combo and name.js   bug brutal-combo and name.js Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 19:13

Code:
INFO Domain COM, level 0 : 12 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 1 : 6 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 2 : 3 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 3 : 3 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 4 : 3 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 5 : 3 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 6 : 3 opponents
INFO Domain COM, level 7 : 3 opponents

i have enough enemys Wink
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: bug brutal-combo and name.js   bug brutal-combo and name.js Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009, 22:48

When I tried having other names than just the normal, like have a pre-determined name with random numbers on the end, it said it does the fights, but it doesn't. But with normal 8 string character names it works fine :)
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: bug brutal-combo and name.js   bug brutal-combo and name.js Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009, 00:11

vollaufdienuesse wrote:
most of you know that you can edit the name.js to get other pupil names.
i just found out (perhaps you also did but i havent found sth here) that if your pupils name starts with an uppercase letter (like A, B or whatever) brutal-combo makes the first 6 fights but you dont get exp for them. you only get exp for the pupil and if you seek your pupil in mybrute.com or whatever its still level 1.

for example: your pupils name is: ABCDEF1.
brutal-combo writes sth like this:

Code:
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 1
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 2
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 3
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 4
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 5
INFO  ABCDEF1 / lvl0 6
INFO ABCDEF1 created and saved (master: *yourmaster*)

that normally means your pupil ABCDEF1 is now at level 2 or 3 and *yourmaster* got 2 or 3 exp for it.
but if you now watch out ABCDEF1.mybrute.com/cellule you see that its still on lvl 1 with no fights for today.
you can also see on *yourmaster*.mybrute.com/cellule that you just gained 1 exp for your new pupil.

its not that tragical but you loose many exp if your brutal-combo runs one day or two and you get 1 instead of 3 exp for each pupil.

if you all knew this before:
just slap me and sry for waisting your time Very Happy

Yes, it's a known bug with the uppercase chars. I remember the devs mentioning something about it when releasing the last version so they are aware of it. I've reproduced the bug myself... bc will store it correctly but not actually do the fights it reports for the pupil. For now just don't use uppercase in your custom generated pupil names. It's a minor inconvenience but will hopefully still be fixed in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bug brutal-combo and name.js   bug brutal-combo and name.js Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bug brutal-combo and name.js
Page 1 of 1