HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 

**Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dicklips7

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 07:20

is anyone going to train the pupils stsin makes? if not then i'll do them. thanks for the prizes guys, good tourney. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 08:40

Congratz to the big wieners.... errr, I mean, winners! cheers

My weak entry made it to a prize round while my good entry got knocked out 2nd round by the eventual big winner. That was an unfortunate early matchup (biceuri and illmove were matched up that same round I believe) given his potential against almost anyone else, lol. Best moment for me was getting to knock illmove out of the running yet again with a7fx. Wink

Anyhow, thanks again to Lumi, StSin, helpers, donators, and of course my fellow participants!

Having said that I immediately move to ban Harpy from further tourneys as his brutes are always way too good. Wink

esc-g

ps. special congratz to BB - great run and more importantly I'm glad it helped get you a taste of how much fun this community can be. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 11:25

...my luck in finding *special* brutes is fading, so it would be enough to exclude former tourneywinners, like kahmeha did before Wink

no, that rule really pissed me off...

would appreciate someone training the pupils made by stsin & thx stsin for your contribution to the pool...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 12:02

I would like to train them... so I am sure its done evry day and I have a fast connection... atm I train about 25k pupils and thats done in 10 minutes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Dip O Sitas

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 12:36

hmmmpppfff ---- 25k pupils in 10mins.....

you can train my 80k++ pupils also if you want Wink
I better not tell you how long this takes with my poor internetspeed...

I hate my damn slow connection!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://DiPoBruTE.mybrute.com
Luminous
admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 12:52

Ok, I'm finally able to start on the pupil prizes. :)

I'll update the original post when I'm done with each one. I'm starting with the Division finalists and will move on to the quarterfinalists afterward. The tourney champ and runner up will be put on the bot after TM.

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 13:40

Here we go:

yrsy1p07-plop: http://div2fin01.mybrute.com/cellule

Slap-080: http://t128d1.mybrute.com/cellule

dio-s4i: http://t1282.mybrute.com/cellule http://t1283.mybrute.com/cellule

kaoru868: http://t128champ.mybrute.com/cellule http://t128champ2.mybrute.com/cellule

Hope you like them Very Happy

Nice tourney!!! cheers

My congratz to all of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 13:43

hey hey, thanks a lot...PMed you :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 13:50

replied i guess scratch

Hope they grow up to be fine brutes cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 13:54

yes you did... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 13:58

http://t128champ2.mybrute.com/cellule

this one is cool, i'd like to have him with kaorus agilityprogress & vortex-marias skills Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sam-ps

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 14:11

Permidox wrote:
Ill Make another Champ Sig,Im not happy with the Old one.
OucH...ThAt'S HuRt :cry:

harpyieklein has 2 signatures now.
1 is iluma's, his main brute.
2 is German D.O.O.M sig.
Which one make you unhappy?
and why :?: :?: :?:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tagzajzt.mybrute.com/
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 14:14

sam-ps wrote:
Permidox wrote:
Ill Make another Champ Sig,Im not happy with the Old one.
OucH...ThAt'S HuRt :cry:

harpyieklein has 2 signatures now.
1 is iluma's, his main brute.
2 is German D.O.O.M sig.
Which one make you unhappy?
and why :?: :?: :?:

hehe no, i guess he meant the old one he had already prepared for the tourney winner, not my actual ones Wink

curious how the old one looked like though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 14:14

hey sam :)

think he means the one he made (nobody saw it until now)...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 14:16

therefore he should show it to us Wink

perhaps i'll like it more than the new one Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 17:04

harpyieklein wrote:
...my luck in finding *special* brutes is fading, so it would be enough to exclude former tourneywinners, like kahmeha did before Wink

no, that rule really pissed me off...

Seriously? That rule really bothered you? In general or specific to that tourney? I don't think it's a rule that should apply to all tournies but I thought there was some merit to having brutes that already won big tourneys be ineligible for some future tourneys. Maybe it would have been a better rule if it were changed to something like brutes that have won multiple tournies, triple crown winner, or something... I guess the point is I don't want to see people getting frustrated and losing interest in the tournies because a certain group of brutes ends up dominating in almost every one. I regard you as a very intelligent member of this community so I hope you can understand my logic at least. I'm sure you have good reason for being unhappy with such a rule so I'm just asking about it for future reference... and a chapter in my "Running Tournies for Dummies" handbook I'm writing. Wink

In any case it looks like you may need a consolidated multi-winner sig created, hehe. :)

esc-g
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 18:12

well, besides there's always a good portion of luck included, it also depends of the tourney-style. if we'd run a multilevel tourney after this, i wouldn't have a chance with kaoru, that's for sure, so you can't generalize. back then i was looking forward to join the tourney, just to see that rule for the first time after having already entered, thinking about how a sports tourney would look like without the previous winner, wimbledon without federer & nadal Laughing

no, i guess it's also a question of habits & clarifying things beforehand...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Thu 08 Oct 2009, 21:52

Cool, i won a prize. Wasn't expecting that.

And congrats to the winners!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Fri 09 Oct 2009, 01:18

Thank you Luminous for putting together yet another smooth running tournament. For having so many people enter, this was completed in record time and without a hitch. Excellent Job :)

Gratz to all the winners cheers
I think this was the toughest tourney, with the most skilled opponents yet. And we've all got to see the new upcoming monsters coming our way. Well, I'm afraid Wink
___

I'm still making pupils to those who get a full day from me. Switched the half day winners.

I've let it run longer than planned due to all the brutal errors and the switch time occurring while I'm at work. Will ensure the second half will get as many pupils as the first. Will send data files when complete. ETA tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 05:55

harpyieklein wrote:
well, besides there's always a good portion of luck included, it also depends of the tourney-style. if we'd run a multilevel tourney after this, i wouldn't have a chance with kaoru, that's for sure, so you can't generalize. back then i was looking forward to join the tourney, just to see that rule for the first time after having already entered, thinking about how a sports tourney would look like without the previous winner, wimbledon without federer & nadal Laughing

no, i guess it's also a question of habits & clarifying things beforehand...

Talk of stopping a brute like Kaoru868 entering the next big tournament on the basis of having won this last one is silly IMHO. There were many fine brutes in the last tournament and Kaoru was just one of them who happened to get a great run to the finish.

Congrats harpy cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 07:13

yes and in real and official sport games like perhaps soccer the former winner is not only allowed to join the next championships, he even gets a wildcard so he doesnt have to qualify...

so taking out brutes that already won something is definetely the wrong decision...

plus everybody has got the opportunity to look for and find great brutes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 20:47

The Dice Man wrote:

Talk of stopping a brute like Kaoru868 entering the next big tournament on the basis of having won this last one is silly IMHO. There were many fine brutes in the last tournament and Kaoru was just one of them who happened to get a great run to the finish.

No, there's no talk of that going on... I was completely joking about harpy being banned 'cause he always has such tough brutes and then he referenced an earlier tourney in which winners of previous tourneys weren't eligible. I only asked about it further to get his specific thoughts on that matter (which I totally understand).

So don't worry, there definitely aren't any plans to exclude anyone... I just like to joke with Harpy, hehe.

Apologies for any misunderstanding caused by the aside. Not my intention to take away from the celebrating... so congrats again to the winners (even the ones with only minor personal victories, hehe)!

cheers

esc-g
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Sat 10 Oct 2009, 21:44

ESCGoat wrote:
The Dice Man wrote:

No, there's no talk of that going on... I was completely joking about harpy being banned 'cause he always has such tough brutes and then he referenced an earlier tourney in which winners of previous tourneys weren't eligible. I only asked about it further to get his specific thoughts on that matter (which I totally understand).

So don't worry, there definitely aren't any plans to exclude anyone... I just like to joke with Harpy, hehe.

Apologies for any misunderstanding caused by the aside. Not my intention to take away from the celebrating... so congrats again to the winners (even the ones with only minor personal victories, hehe)!

cheers

esc-g

You had me worried there for a minute....Razz I would hate to see any great brute miss out on the fun of these informal tournaments. For some of us who cannot/do not want to create 1000's of pupils it is the only thing that makes My Brute competitively interesting. This is the main reason I REALLY like Lumi's league suggestion.

Cheers :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Sun 11 Oct 2009, 15:19

once again thx for pupils cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Tue 13 Oct 2009, 18:17

Quote :

You had me worried there for a minute....Razz I would hate to see any great brute miss out on the fun of these informal tournaments. For some of us who cannot/do not want to create 1000's of pupils it is the only thing that makes My Brute competitively interesting. This is the main reason I REALLY like Lumi's league suggestion.

Cheers :)

No, I'm in total agreement with you. There's no way I would have bothered with mybrute for more than a very brief time if it weren't for these tournies. They put actual replay value into the game and level the playing-field for all of us to enjoy. I'm also totally into Lumi's league idea so I hope something comes of that as well. We shall see, but we're definitely on the same page. :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread   Today at 01:53

Back to top Go down

**Prize Allocations** 128 Brutes Tournament Matches: Discussion Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next