HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 

MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mybrutegame

PostSubject: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Thu 15 Oct 2009, 23:32

I recently did a little research to see how all the downtime was effecting MyBrute.com's stats and was not suprised with what I found:

Look at that huge decrease over the past few months! I wrote more about it here and you're welcome to comment either on the post or this thread:
http://www.mybrutegame.com/mybrute-com-is-failing

Please feel free to take the poll as well :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mybrutegame.com/
Penstar

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Fri 16 Oct 2009, 09:42

Good research, but I don't agree with your conclusions on the reason why.

Some other possible reasons

=People get bored with things, especially when it gets harder to see progress as you level up

-People get discouraged at the level bar always being raised so they have no chance in a competition

Just what I have seen in my clanmates who play.

And of course the dang downtime :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Fri 16 Oct 2009, 15:14

The most likely reason for this decrease is the widespread use of bots (read BC). Most people who do their daily fights without resource to botting (that is the majority of players) simply stop playing after getting crushed in tournaments a couple of times by botted lvl100+ brutes.

A close second reason would be the whole TM bad experience including the retarded leveling system, increasingly frequent brutal errors (ie, major downtime), inaction towards botting, non-existent support, lack of feedback, etc.

Nevertheless, all said and done, we can't really complain. The game is free to play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Fri 16 Oct 2009, 16:42

i guess we'll have to see what eventually happens
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Penstar

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Fri 16 Oct 2009, 23:51

Yanno.. I wish there was a place the devs would post something - anything about what is going on, what their plans are, etc.

Maybe there is, and I just don't know about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 03:40

Before Talking here, I wanna know... Because I don't know..
When did this game (mybrute) be released????
When did people start playing mybrute???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobTheBear
admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 11:07

April Zeph. (For the .COM site. The .FR version has been around a lot longer - their stats would be a more telling long term forecast ...)

Which is why it hits a massive peak when it first launched and has slowly tailed off since then.

That graph doesn't show anything terribly dramatic to me. When the game first launched it's link got passed around a hell of a lot - hence the big peak. Being the kind of game it is, that was always going to be the likely traffic scenario. A lot of the original players didn't stick with it and the number of newer ones coming along has slowed off as the hype died down.

All looks pretty par for the course to me.

The amount of BE time recently certainly won't be helping them any though.

*** EDIT ***

Having just checked the stats for labrute.fr, that site shows much the same trend. A lot of initial interest that tails off and its the hardcore that keep it going ..... exactly the same as .COM

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Sat 17 Oct 2009, 14:44

BobTheBear wrote:
April Zeph. (For the .COM site. The .FR version has been around a lot longer - their stats would be a more telling long term forecast ...)

Which is why it hits a massive peak when it first launched and has slowly tailed off since then.
Mid-April is when I joined...
That's when Mybrute is having its peak...

But, Starting Mid-May (or First May maybe), people started to know how to cheat...
Self-pupiling... using proxies and botting like hell...
FOr Anti-cheater (or anyone who doesn't like to and/or can't do the cheating) started to leave mybrute... especially for static IP

And when there is method of cheating insanely like BRUTAL Combo
That's when people thinks mybrute is full of cheaters....
Yeah, many of anti-cheater quits...

BobTheBear wrote:
That graph doesn't show anything terribly dramatic to me. .............
Same with me... It can't do anything to force people back to play mybrute, can it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly   Today at 20:13

Back to top Go down

MyBrute.com stats are decreasing rapidly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1