My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!

Go down 
+41
Cowdude179
urallus
MaximilianKohler
suxess
Bruzaholman
xGREEDx
alex_abc
Yaboirobby
got2ball
beatmedude
cuilt
Void
Kal-el-oh-el
Anylopectina12
gbpackers32
dicklips7
Rygl
Kisuke
4i4mitko
AdZoR
kaixxpzs
arkh
TeL
mr_evolution
Demon-Of-Lore
XXXUnrated
roymustang67
aub
KiwiMan
Showstopper
mantis33
rockhunter75
Gal
ronga
Engeljosh
stvman
LB DyAbLo
fotum
Jazz™
Battery
justinjg
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:11

aub wrote:
justinjg wrote:

The idea here is not to tell you everything our game is about, but to find out what you would like to see in an Arena flash based game, such as mybrute.com. We want to avoid the mistakes, if at all possible. So we're interested in what would make a great game for you. Wink

Honestly, the thing that annoys me the most about the game currently is the earning-exp-from-pupils-setup. There are so many cheaters using scripts or bots to level up quickly through generating thousands of pupils; it is extremely frustrating to see a tournament winner at level 53 who has only ever fought and won 10 in game battles. (Where is the skill involved to reach their ranking?) People who are playing the game honestly are forced to level up at an excruciatingly slow pace because you can only win a max of 6 exp points per day through fights and every level requires more exp than the previous to complete.

I do enjoy the random nature of the game but would also feel satisfied with a game where I have some form of choice such as earning exp points which I can then spend to purchase certain abilities (the better abilties costing more exp, obviously).

We agree that the pupil experience flow is a major issue with mybrute.com, and we have come up with a very good counter to this that will most likely prevent bots from working on our web page, plus we don't believe in pupils giving experience points, but we have something else in mind.

I would disagree that there is any type of skill in playing my brute, it's more or less all luck. Although it's mystery per level actually works quite well, but we agree that there needs to be more options for the player - and that's what we're concentrating on delivering to you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimarena.com
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:18

1q.. grim arena will be?? like gladiator fight??

if it will be gladiator fight.. well hope we could select a character.. /job.. like archery.. brawler.. etc etc
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:28

Jazz™ wrote:
1q.. grim arena will be?? like gladiator fight??

if it will be gladiator fight.. well hope we could select a character.. /job.. like archery.. brawler.. etc etc

Gladiator Fighting, yep - with some hints of science fiction as well. No character classes, what you choose and how you develop your character is up to you, however there are a few mysterious elements that will be out of your hands that will be pretty neat. :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:34

is it a free roam around game like AQ.Com??

buy and sell

BTW thanks for the *** on YM XD now i know the outcome im sure you guys will enjoy!! waaaaa
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:35

Jazz™ wrote:
is it a free roam around game like AQ.Com??

buy and sell

Never played AQ.Com, but you'll see when we go into beta per our conversation earlier. :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 30 Apr 2009, 12:38

hahahhaha lolz!! sucks my ym ryt now is lagg when i get disconnected lolz! well i gotta get goin' soon

another suggestion..

hoping there will be a cool bGm or Music and Sound effect XD
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 08:25

Bump
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 12:01

Jazz™ wrote:
Bump

Thanks Jazz :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 06 May 2009, 12:24

Yeah NP ^^ so the newbies could see and check this thread..
Back to top Go down
roymustang67
roymustang67

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 09:10

Hmm..

I agreed in almost everything that ronga suggest.. specially the imperfections of brutes..

About the purchasing of weapons.. I am a little bit off to this.. but if I may suggest..

You can have a POINT system to purchase weapons (and items)..
This "points" will be obtainable by:
->cash
->fight wins(by regular fights, tourneys, or clan wars)

With this, players would be balanced.. and not only those who can afford to buy weapons will be the strong ones..

Trust me.. you'll earn more players if you'd balance everything..

Remember.. mybrute gain its popularity because of this..(though.. the pupil thing is really annoying)
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 12:00

roymustang67 wrote:
Hmm..

I agreed in almost everything that ronga suggest.. specially the imperfections of brutes..

About the purchasing of weapons.. I am a little bit off to this.. but if I may suggest..

You can have a POINT system to purchase weapons (and items)..
This "points" will be obtainable by:
->cash
->fight wins(by regular fights, tourneys, or clan wars)

With this, players would be balanced.. and not only those who can afford to buy weapons will be the strong ones..

Trust me.. you'll earn more players if you'd balance everything..

Remember.. mybrute gain its popularity because of this..(though.. the pupil thing is really annoying)

We already have planned for a point system similar to what you suggested. We also put a new piece of concept art up at our splash page, www.grimarena.com :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 14:48

i thought it would be just you and me justin o_0

u showed them the logo already hahaha i thought it would be a secret loolz
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 15:23

Jazz™ wrote:

We decided it was time to show a better concept on the splash, but you haven't seen anything yet. :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 15:36

whoa ok! so can i see the whole thinggy already ??
Back to top Go down
XXXUnrated
XXXUnrated

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 07 May 2009, 16:47

justinjg wrote:
Jazz™ wrote:

We decided it was time to show a better concept on the splash, but you haven't seen anything yet. :)

That concept art definitely looks better than the last!
Back to top Go down
roymustang67
roymustang67

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2009, 02:48

Quote :
We already have planned for a point system similar to what you suggested. We also put a new piece of concept art up at our splash page, www.grimarena.com Smile

Well.. that's good.. Really looking forward to this one..

Hmm.. I would also like to suggest if you could retain the chibi looks of characters.. in my own opinion.. it makes the game less violent but more enjoyable to play..

And also.. how about making a boss/monster fight.. wherein players have a free play to fight monsters..
Back to top Go down
Demon-Of-Lore
Demon-Of-Lore

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 04:27

What I hate about this site are a few things. It's cool that we get to make as many characters as possible and blah blah. But the server is down a lot and always has trouble loading sometimes between certain hours. If tournaments can go on, and allow people to still use the site, that would be good. Also, a way to send messages to each other, or a quote or something. Just to add to the fun.

I wish there was a way to control your guy, however I understand this is how it must work in order to allow your character to fight without you being present. I also like how they limit fights per day, so that way the people with the most time on their hands do not have an advantage, and this is a pace that everyone can go at. If you have known about it before someone else, you deserve to be a higher level for the time and days you put in.

I would also add different races or sizes of beings being used in the game, to add more variety. Make a charge or donation subscription for additonal features (benefit to you). Also a buddy list and a tag team feature for people who engage into or a Clan vs Clan option as well? I dunno. I am just throwing ideas out there.

I honestly have an idea for the best and perfect online game, but I won't reveal it until I have funding and people capable into putting this in motion. But for now, I don't mind sharing ideas for games such as these. This idea for a game is much greater than some flash game. I threw that out there for future reference if there are anyone out there who can program and over time I can come to trust. I am not worried about time standing in the way of completing this, as I feel no one is going to bother attempting this.
Back to top Go down
mr_evolution
mr_evolution

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 05:14

Yeah, a better in game communication system apart from clan message board
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 14:39

mr_evolution wrote:
Yeah, a better in game communication system apart from clan message board

Can you give me some examples of communication systems you'd like to see?
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 14:41

Demon-Of-Lore wrote:
What I hate about this site are a few things. It's cool that we get to make as many characters as possible and blah blah. But the server is down a lot and always has trouble loading sometimes between certain hours. If tournaments can go on, and allow people to still use the site, that would be good. Also, a way to send messages to each other, or a quote or something. Just to add to the fun.

I wish there was a way to control your guy, however I understand this is how it must work in order to allow your character to fight without you being present. I also like how they limit fights per day, so that way the people with the most time on their hands do not have an advantage, and this is a pace that everyone can go at. If you have known about it before someone else, you deserve to be a higher level for the time and days you put in.

I would also add different races or sizes of beings being used in the game, to add more variety. Make a charge or donation subscription for additonal features (benefit to you). Also a buddy list and a tag team feature for people who engage into or a Clan vs Clan option as well? I dunno. I am just throwing ideas out there.

I honestly have an idea for the best and perfect online game, but I won't reveal it until I have funding and people capable into putting this in motion. But for now, I don't mind sharing ideas for games such as these. This idea for a game is much greater than some flash game. I threw that out there for future reference if there are anyone out there who can program and over time I can come to trust. I am not worried about time standing in the way of completing this, as I feel no one is going to bother attempting this.

Fortunately for us, we've discussed, and or are discussing every idea you brought to the table. But these are not unique ideas, these are very common in mybrute players wants all over every mybrute forum I've visited.

Can you provide us with any "unique" ideas to help set our game apart - we've already come up with a large sum on them and we're sure players are going to really enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
Demon-Of-Lore
Demon-Of-Lore

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 10 May 2009, 19:45

justinjg wrote:
Demon-Of-Lore wrote:

Fortunately for us, we've discussed, and or are discussing every idea you brought to the table. But these are not unique ideas, these are very common in mybrute players wants all over every mybrute forum I've visited.

Can you provide us with any "unique" ideas to help set our game apart - we've already come up with a large sum on them and we're sure players are going to really enjoy them.

I am aware that those I have provided are quite common. Now if you are referring to the idea of the game I want to put out, it is not an entirely new type of gaming experience, but it is an improvement over sucess. I will gather some thoughts and see what I can swing your way that you can probably use. If not, it's not a problem. After Wed, I will return to this discussion, because I have a big final to prepare for on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
TeL
TeL

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2009, 12:29

ingame item mall will do
Back to top Go down
arkh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 00:36

1.keep a little randomness.
1 level up=skills. you get to choose 1 from 3 randomly selected kills

2.dunno if it will be good but, some super skill/specialty [like deluge/fiercebrute]
requires you to either fill up a bar [limit break] and must do a mini button pressing. [renzozouken] but i don't think that would be allowed since it's like copying from FF.

or maybe after some beating done to the character will give access to the super skill.

3.maybe something like what MMORPG's have. Stat distribution system which allows you to have a full customization of how your character will grow.

4.this is just a silly idea i got. when fighting bot/offline character/monsters[if there are any]
the battle shifts to a simple fight. The player will be shown a choice of 3. [attack/defend/charge] it's like a rock-paper-scissors kind of game.

Attack is scissors which beats paper
Defend is paper which beats rock
Charge is rock which beats scissor

when scissor win, he gets to attack the defending character but with reduced damage
when paper win, he dodges the attack of the enemy and counters it with attack
when rock win, he damages the enemy double the amount of attack but the enemy attack will still hit him. basically it's like suikoden 2 duel.
Back to top Go down
kaixxpzs
kaixxpzs

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 12:41

grim arena doesnt work haha
Back to top Go down
http://demitia-300.mybrute.com
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 12:53

kaixxpzs wrote:
grim arena doesnt work haha

That's because it's in development. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next