My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!

Go down 
+41
Cowdude179
urallus
MaximilianKohler
suxess
Bruzaholman
xGREEDx
alex_abc
Yaboirobby
got2ball
beatmedude
cuilt
Void
Kal-el-oh-el
Anylopectina12
gbpackers32
dicklips7
Rygl
Kisuke
4i4mitko
AdZoR
kaixxpzs
arkh
TeL
mr_evolution
Demon-Of-Lore
XXXUnrated
roymustang67
aub
KiwiMan
Showstopper
mantis33
rockhunter75
Gal
ronga
Engeljosh
stvman
LB DyAbLo
fotum
Jazz™
Battery
justinjg
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 12:54

arkh wrote:
1.keep a little randomness.
1 level up=skills. you get to choose 1 from 3 randomly selected kills

2.dunno if it will be good but, some super skill/specialty [like deluge/fiercebrute]
requires you to either fill up a bar [limit break] and must do a mini button pressing. [renzozouken] but i don't think that would be allowed since it's like copying from FF.

or maybe after some beating done to the character will give access to the super skill.

3.maybe something like what MMORPG's have. Stat distribution system which allows you to have a full customization of how your character will grow.

4.this is just a silly idea i got. when fighting bot/offline character/monsters[if there are any]
the battle shifts to a simple fight. The player will be shown a choice of 3. [attack/defend/charge] it's like a rock-paper-scissors kind of game.

Attack is scissors which beats paper
Defend is paper which beats rock
Charge is rock which beats scissor

when scissor win, he gets to attack the defending character but with reduced damage
when paper win, he dodges the attack of the enemy and counters it with attack
when rock win, he damages the enemy double the amount of attack but the enemy attack will still hit him. basically it's like suikoden 2 duel.

Some interesting ideas here. However, still nothing that just totally revamps the gameplay of mybrute. We're looking for extremely original ideas. All of the ideas here have been previously considered by our team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimarena.com
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 16:01

We've changed the character style to be more "cute" as per a request from one of the fans at this website. We will reveal the new look in the upcoming weeks on our website. :)
Back to top Go down
AdZoR

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2009, 21:33

I feel the game is good for killing time but it needs something to keep you playing ie xp from tournys and your brute having some common sense eg throwing a net and using fierce brute when you have fucking shruikens Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
arkh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2009, 02:11

or some minigames with gold or game currency reward that can be used for buying the weapons ^^
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 15:23

Hey guys,

As promised here is the new "cute" look of our characters: http://www.grimarena.com/ :)
Back to top Go down
arkh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 15:43

the concept art is good but it's good in a sense of anime like cuteness then yes but i know that's just a concept art. right now i imagine that the characters would be chibi like my brute characters...

but it looks good ^^ nice job
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 16:20

arkh wrote:
the concept art is good but it's good in a sense of anime like cuteness then yes but i know that's just a concept art. right now i imagine that the characters would be chibi like my brute characters...

but it looks good ^^ nice job

Our goal is not to copy mybrute, but to bring our own characterizations out while matching the cute style of mybrute. However, fair warning - our game is going to be bloody, where mybrute is not. Our game is also going to offer a strategic element to the game, where players will make decisions that effect their outcome, and their characters growth, where mybrute does not.

So while, the idea remains the same, the game will be much different in terms of how long you can play it, and your ability to effect your character - plus in our game, you could possibly become a "legend" - a little hint for you, since we're keeping the lid on tight on our game play elements at the time being.
Back to top Go down
AdZoR

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2009, 18:14

How about this, as your pupil levels up you get half the xp of their level eg ' x ' goes to level 6 you earned 3 points as they take more xp to level up, it makes sense xD

If it's an odd number you take the lower number
Back to top Go down
arkh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2009, 01:28

pupil=referral the same. ^^
there is something that came to my mind ^^
how bout a party system where you can join together with online friends and fight together, don't know how to do that but this will lead to a combo system where two attacks combined to 1 ^^

btw. it's still bothering me what the game is. do you mind posting a screenshot of at least the battle system so we can make more sugestions???
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 00:10

arkh wrote:
pupil=referral the same. ^^
there is something that came to my mind ^^
how bout a party system where you can join together with online friends and fight together, don't know how to do that but this will lead to a combo system where two attacks combined to 1 ^^

btw. it's still bothering me what the game is. do you mind posting a screenshot of at least the battle system so we can make more sugestions???

We're not quite ready to post any screenshots, due to how early in development our game is. Keep in mind it will be several months before we're ready to start even beta.
Back to top Go down
4i4mitko
4i4mitko

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 05:15

i personally don't like when you wait for long time to level up and than you get no bonus
for example look at 4ul3 brute can this be level 7 brute for me not the probability sistem
for leveling up is not very good for me if you look also to jesper.nu it dosn't have too many
spcialities and supers and only one dog
Back to top Go down
http://4i4mitko.mybrute.com
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 08:26

[edit]... sorry thought this was mybrute..
my suggestion.. PVP

Last edited by rexxar12345 on Sat 23 May 2009, 11:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 22 May 2009, 23:53

hmm..
WELL HOW ABOUT THIS ONE!

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SIR JUSTIN!

Happy Birthday man

XD long life for you!
and best wishes

good luck on your project
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 23 May 2009, 03:25

Jazz™ wrote:
hmm..
WELL HOW ABOUT THIS ONE!

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SIR JUSTIN!

Happy Birthday man

XD long life for you!
and best wishes

good luck on your project

Hehe, thanks! Yea, I hit the big 30 at midnight.
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009, 08:08

hahaha yeah so ur 30 now ^^, XD gud luck
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009, 22:14

Hey Everyone,

We have changed the style again, and this is the final style so there will be no more changes. Also, we ditched the blood, and gore - but our game is still going to be very violent.... Wink

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Char01_rendered
Back to top Go down
Rygl
Rygl

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 03:18

i can't think of any other suggestions that other forumers here have already suggested

so il jsut wait for your game to finish.

when exactly is it going to be online? (i can't wait LOL)

i hope its better than mybrute.

GOOD LUCK ^_^
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 20:04

Rygl wrote:
i can't think of any other suggestions that other forumers here have already suggested

so il jsut wait for your game to finish.

when exactly is it going to be online? (i can't wait LOL)

i hope its better than mybrute.

GOOD LUCK ^_^

Hy Rygl,

Our game is currently in development, but we are not ready to publicly announce a date for release, or even beta yet. However, we did again, just update our home page today @ www.grimarena.com to show our new characterizations. We will update the concept art with some new ones sporadically, when we feel like doing so. Eventually we will have a full website with lots of information concerning the game, and we're likely to open up our own public forum.

We will be giving beta accounts to Fotum to hand out per her own decisions, hopefully something like a content that allows players to show their creativity.. but that again, is still a while away. Until then play Mybrute and complain here about everything you hate, or want to see. Rest assured, Mybrute does not have any where near the feature list that we have already begon to implement in our developments.
Back to top Go down
dicklips7
dicklips7

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 21:59

not sure if its been said already but i wouldnt mind being able to challenge other brutes for a bet for a certain amount of xp. so i can pick any brute at any time and challenge them like 10 xp to a fight(as long as we both have 10 xp to put on the line obviously) and when they come on next time if they agree the fight will start automatically from the time they agree, winner gets 10 xp from the loser. only problem i see with this is the scripters with 12000+ pupils will find a way to abuse the shit out of it fairly quick i'd imagine. and as others have said there really needs to be a way to communicate with other people on the site. there are forums for each clan but that isnt much help at all when you cant pm someone to ask to join their clan in the first place.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Jun 2009, 22:03

dicklips7 wrote:
not sure if its been said already but i wouldnt mind being able to challenge other brutes for a bet for a certain amount of xp. so i can pick a brute any brute at any time and challenge them like 10 xp to a fight and when they come on next time if they agree the fight will start automatically from the time they agree, winner gets 10 xp from the loser. only problem i see with this is the scripters with 12000+ pupils will find a way to abuse the shit out of it fairly quick i'd imagine. and as others have said there really needs to be a way to communicate with other people on the site. there are forums for each clan but that isnt much help at all when you cant pm someone to ask to join their clan in the first place.

We plan to implement strong community features. We have something up our sleeves similar to what you want, but it's different, and we're putting in every effort from our industry proven developers to prevent any type of exploits. This is one of the hardest challenges game developers face.
Back to top Go down
gbpackers32

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 03:01

overall i love the game
but i think that you should be able to make pupils on the same comp that actually count for exp for your brute. i dont like how you cant just make a bunch of your own that work
Back to top Go down
http://mikethedyke.mybrute.com
Anylopectina12
Anylopectina12

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 03:37

Looks like grim arena would be better ill wait for this game
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Jun 2009, 17:14

Updated www.grimarena.com to show another concept art, if it doesn't show at first, hit refresh - it's on a randomizer.. :)
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Jun 2009, 17:25

Hopefully you all had a chance to check out some of the character designs, because now they are gone until the full website goes live... but, if now you can see our official game logo at http://www.grimarena.com. Thanks to everyone who have given their suggestions, we are officially in full development now, and we are confident in our game design decisions.

See you in the Grim Arena!!!! :))
Back to top Go down
Kal-el-oh-el

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2009, 16:39

I dislike the users who use gain exp and level up from using bots to get more pupils.

Will anything be done about this problem?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next