My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Japan .... a few images

Go down 
+6
Ajdija
Kisuke
Aleodor121
Stsin
Cowdude179
BobTheBear
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

Japan .... a few images Empty
PostSubject: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 16:12

From my recent holiday there.

Amazing place! Just thought I'd upload a few random pics for you guys to have a look at.

1. From the Tokyo September Sumo Basho.
Japan .... a few images 2u92xrl

2. Kinkaku. The Golden Pavilion in Kyoto.
Japan .... a few images 2dv6894

3. One of the Snow Monkeys at Yudanaka Park having a rest after his bath.
Japan .... a few images 2vtdu82

4. Matsumoto Castle.
Japan .... a few images 24fisro

5. Shibuya Crossing in Tokyo. The busiest pedestrian crossing in the world. It was actually pretty quiet when were there but still looked like more than the entire population of Scotland crossed the road every time the lights went red!
Japan .... a few images Esktmr

Will post up more as I go through them.
Back to top Go down
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 16:14

Awesome pictures dude! It's really interesting on how other cultures are coping in these times. Can't wait for more Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdfdffff.mybrute.com
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 07:58

Lucky lucky.

I would have loved to visit Shibuya, but I'd probably spend most of my time at Akihabara. Did you happen to go there and the Tokyo Tower too?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 09:45

I think I spent more time in Shinjuku than anywhere else in Tokyo. It's arcade/gaming land. I left Japan undefeated in challenge matches on Streetfighter IV ... Razz

We did indeed go to Akihabara. The wife had to drag me through the place cos I kept stopping and "rummaging" .... lol.

Did pick up a couple of gizmos while we were there though.

One of these. Because ..... well .... because where else are you ever gonna get one of them!

And this for a friend of mine who has never been a fan of getting up in the morning.

Didn't actually go to the Tokyo Tower but got a good view of it lit up at night when we went for dinner in Roppongi. We went up the Govt. Tower in Shinjuku for the 47th floor view but it was a couple of days before the Typhoon was due to blow in so the visibility was pretty much terrible and we ran out of time to go back there once the typhoon had passed ....

Amazing place!

:)
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 10:40

LOL, I want both of those. Especially that alarm clock. I currently have one that you can just motion in front to put on snooze (works over 3 feet away), but having to do target practice would be so much better.

Yes, I would spend a lot of time at Shinjuku too. I like how the opponent is on the other side of many of their machines. But I would never expect to beat the Japanese or even the Koreans. Seen crazy videos of them in action.

Was looking at the Shibuya pic again: Is that guy wearing a 'RUN DMC' shirt, LOL? Oh, and of course, that Starbucks is the busiest one in the world.
Back to top Go down
Aleodor121
Banned
Banned
Aleodor121

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 19:56

wow
awesome pics
i love matumoto castle
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2009, 22:29

Japan is a very nice place. i wished our country is like that.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 00:49

Stsin wrote:
Was looking at the Shibuya pic again: Is that guy wearing a 'RUN DMC' shirt, LOL? Oh, and of course, that Starbucks is the busiest one in the world.

Yeah.

There is American stuff EVERYWHERE in Tokyo. They seem to love it.

Finding decent American clothes was actually a lot easier than finding cool Japanese stuff ... and cool Japanese stuff was REALLY expensive! (And a lot of it was just too 'out there' for my taste! lol)
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 13:22

Here are a few more images having dredged through the photos a bit more ....

1. The Toji Pagoda in Kyoto. The tallest Pagoda in Japan. Thats me wandering about in front of it.
Japan .... a few images 35jmed1

2. Pachinko! Japanses ball-bearing based gaming machines. The locals love them! I never did quite work them out ... scratch
Japan .... a few images 105cx88

3. The Mushroom Bar in Kyoto (well, the owner really). By far the coolest bar we visited in Japan. The guy based the entire bar around video games .... NES/SNES era mainly. He even had that haircut to make his head look sort of mushroom-like. Cool guy. Cool bar. We were pretty hammered by the time we left the place!
Japan .... a few images 339plw5

4.Yakushi Nyorai - the Buddha of healing and medicine. If you have an ailment, you rub the statue and then rub the part of you that hurts and it should get better. I didn't have anything wrong with me at the time to test it. Don't ask whats going on with the red smock and hat .... I have no idea! But it is meant to be like that!
Japan .... a few images 308ikjo

5. A couple of Maiko (trainee Geisha) demonstrating traditional dancing. Proper Geisha are seldom seen. We never saw one ... despite looking in the traditional Geisha area (Gion) in Kyoto. These two Maiko were as close as we got.
Japan .... a few images 2hwl6qw

6. The A-Bomb dome in Hiroshima. Just next to the Peace Park. It was about the only building that survived the bombing in 1945. Heavy, but worthwhile, place to visit.
Japan .... a few images 35bhy7s

7. Joyopolis. Sega's indoor theme park in the Odaiba area of Tokyo. Way fun! Very Happy
Japan .... a few images 20pa9uh

8. Scotland getting humped by Japan at football. We were there, and the game was only half an hour away from us by train, so we though we'd trundle along. We lost 2-0. Scotland are shite!
Japan .... a few images 2me8kt3
Back to top Go down
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 21:29

awesome! the pic are high quality and unique!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ajdija.com
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 05:35

Gosh, you traveled all over. Their trains make it somewhat easier, but still. You all must have been really busy for being on vacation. Nice pics. Wish we had theme areas like that. And sorry about that soccer game Wink
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 12:32

Yeah.

It was a two week guided tour which we added a few days on our own to the start and end of.

We started by ourseves in Tokyo to go to the Sumo then went on to Kyoto to meet up with the tour party. The tour covered Kyoto - and while based there - Miyajima Island, Hiroshima, Nara. Then onto - Takayama, Matsumoto and Yudanaka - all staying a day or two in each and then onto Tokyo and from Tokyo we made our own way to Yokohama.

Did all our internal travelling by train and you're right, the bullet train is a great way to get arround and more convenient and easier than internal flights. And in Tokyo and Kyoto there was enough English to find your own way around pretty easily once you found your feet initially.

Amazing place to visit .... and we didn't cover everything we wanted to do so we are going to have to go back ..... god knows when though!

:)
Back to top Go down
Luminous
admin
admin
Luminous

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009, 16:57

Wow, awesome pics BTB. Japan sounds like a really great place to visit.
Back to top Go down
kenichiro
kenichiro

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 06:36

Great pics!

I may go there at the end of the year. To bad it's for a training mission.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2009, 13:33

kenichiro wrote:

Okinawa?

My dad mentioned he was stationed there (briefly) at one point and I'm sure he said it was a US base ....
Back to top Go down
kenichiro
kenichiro

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 01:10

BobTheBear wrote:
kenichiro wrote:

Okinawa?

My dad mentioned he was stationed there (briefly) at one point and I'm sure he said it was a US base ....

The last one was held in Hokaido. I'm not sure where this one will take place.

Was your dad part of a Joint Forces Branch/Mission? I've always wanted to go to Okinawa. I have a few friends who were stationed there and they eventually settled in to make it their permanent residence.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 02:42

I have no idea what he was doing there at the time.

He is ex-RAF. Was a navigator in Nimrods when he flew. It was a loooooong time ago he was stationed there (70's I think) and it was only a short stay.

I only found out he'd been there as I asked if he'd been to Japan before we went over. After 30 odd years in the RAF (he retired in the mid 90's) he's been to a lot of places so I usually ask before we go somewhere on holiday. His longer postings I'm aware of (or was there for ... like Australia and Singapore where I was born) but a lot of his shorter stops, I have either forgotten about or didn't know about in the first place as I was so young (or not born!) when he was there.

Having been there now, I can understand why someone might want to settle down in Japan. It's an amazing place full of friendly people.

It has the similar risk element to living there as San Francisco or Naples in that a natural disaster is always looming and the locals MUST know that a big one is going to happen eventually, but they just seem to get on with it!

Crazy, but cool anyway! :)
Back to top Go down
Permidox
Permidox

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009, 13:43

God, I never realized how beautiful Japan Was.
Back to top Go down
Roland Dnalor
Roland Dnalor

Location : Chenni, India, Asia, Earth... And sometimes under your bed!!

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitimeSun 01 Nov 2009, 04:12

It's fantastic Japan .... a few images Smiley-happy096
Back to top Go down
http://xrs-isgreat.myminicity.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan .... a few images   Japan .... a few images Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan .... a few images
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: