My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Bad forum behavior

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rasputin007
rasputin007

Bad forum behavior Empty
PostSubject: Bad forum behavior   Bad forum behavior Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 19:39

I have to complain about some behavior in this forum that I think is inappropriate. I have posted a comment in the How to become a mod thread about what I think are essential points that make a mod a good mod. This comment was based on my experience as a forum admin for 3 years and currently still a mod in 2 other forums. Naturally, not everybody might agree with what I wrote, but we still live in a free world and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Appropriate and appreciated behavior would be to reply/quote to my post. But quietly deleting the post without any reason given why that post has been deleted and then locking that thread is not the way to treat members. If that post had been spam, then that action would be correct, but it was not spam.
This has seriously impacted my opinion about this forum. OK, I am a noob here, but every noob grows up, eventually.
Any feedback would be welcome.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

Bad forum behavior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad forum behavior   Bad forum behavior Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 19:55

Not sure what happened to it?

I saw the post earlier on and it seemed reasonable enough to me?

Anyway, maybe a moot point. I was thinking of removing that thread anyway. Ownership of the site has changed since that was written. As has the entire admin team, most of the mods, and a huge chunk of the user-base.

It's not really all the relevant any more.

Apologies that your post "sloped off" .... hope you'll stick with us. :)
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

Bad forum behavior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad forum behavior   Bad forum behavior Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 19:57

In fact ... posting that prompted me to re-read it .... and it's gone now.
Back to top Go down
rasputin007
rasputin007

Bad forum behavior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad forum behavior   Bad forum behavior Icon_minitimeWed 18 Nov 2009, 20:02

Thanks for that explanation. I am happy with that.
It is just that "not knowing why" feeling that annoys me.
Back to top Go down
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

Bad forum behavior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad forum behavior   Bad forum behavior Icon_minitimeFri 20 Nov 2009, 05:34

The forum could have possibly had a slight setback, as this is just a free forum the hosting and memory is not that flash..
I am sure your opinions were valid and were not spam, it is also possible that it may have been deleted by accident.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
Sponsored content

Bad forum behavior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad forum behavior   Bad forum behavior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad forum behavior
Page 1 of 1