My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Can someone help me please? :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

Can someone help me please? :( Empty
PostSubject: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2009, 17:53

Hey guys...I've had this problem for quite a while now and I've searched every solution in Google, WikiAnswers, Yahoo answers and Computer-tech help websites.

Every time I download something or re-install some software that I've lost, for some reason my computer won't let me download it back...for example: Java, it comes up with an error saying that the installer is not compatible for my current internet settings.

Can someone help me please? :( JavaError

Though I don't use any proxies. I've tried turning my firewall off but it doesn't change a thing. I tried all of the solutions on the Java website but none of them worked. I'm trying to download the latest Java Version 6 Update 17.

I've tried re-installing the other programs that I had, for example: Windows Live Messanger. But it just comes up with the same damn error message Sad.

Can someone help me please? :( MSNerror

My main browser when I bought this computer was Internet Explorer. Though now my current browser is Mozilla Firefox. After two weeks of installing firefox, internet explorer isn't working for me now Sad. It comes up with "Can't connect to the internet", even though I'm connected. And whenever I re-install IE, it comes up with an error msg. I tried deleting all of my history in IE, deleting cookies and deleting my whole cache. But none of them works Sad.

I use BT-Homehub 2006.

My PC information:

Can someone help me please? :( ComputerInformation

My PC device:

Can someone help me please? :( Computerdevice

My PC drivers:

Can someone help me please? :( ComputerDrivers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdfdffff.mybrute.com
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeThu 03 Dec 2009, 16:15

Does anyone have any idea on what might cause these problems to occur? If so, I would like some helpful feedback so that I can fix this issue. Thanks Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Subman(R)
admin
admin
Subman(R)

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 04:20

Try running "Windows Install Cleanup" an see what happens
Back to top Go down
http://submans.shutterfly.com/
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 09:34

Try this:

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Tools > Internet Options
  3. Connections Tab > Lan Settings Button
  4. Is 'Automatic Detect Settings' checked? If not, check it. Select OK, and OK.
  5. If it is already checked, uncheck it. Hit OK and OK. Then go back to 'Lan Settings' and re-check 'Automatic Detect Settings', then OK and OK.

Kinda makes Windows rebuild/flush old network, dhcp, dns settings, etc.

Which often helps when programs like Firefox work, while most of MS' internet connections don't.
Back to top Go down
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 16:24

Hey Sub...I tried to download Windows Installer Cleanup but it came up with this error message:

Can someone help me please? :( WindowsInstallerCleanUpError

Sad

Oh and Stsin, I've done that but it didn't do anything. It still shows up with the same "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message...even though i'm connected to the internet:

Can someone help me please? :( WindowsError2

When I click "Diagnose Connection Problems" it only comes up with one option:

Can someone help me please? :( WindowsError1

And it didn't even help me Mad.

Anyways thanks for the feedback guys...I appreciate it :). I just hope that someone has the solution to fix this damn problem of mine Evil or Very Mad.
Back to top Go down
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
redneck-giant99

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 16:44

i say start over

Can someone help me please? :( Compoutwindow
Back to top Go down
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeFri 04 Dec 2009, 16:55

I don't wanna start over and get a new PC Sad. I have a lot of important files that I need for my coursework (over 18 GB)...and my memory stick can only hold around 8gb of files. So is there any other way of fixing this problem? Maybe resetting any memory on my PC so that I'll be able to download stuff again. God...I wish I've done a backup recovery when I got my PC Mad!
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 08:05

Try turning UAC to the lowest setting? Unsure about Vista, but with Win 7 I have it turned off.

Also make sure you have administrator privileges when installing apps.
Back to top Go down
Anonym
Anonym

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitimeSat 05 Dec 2009, 08:24

i have the same problem with my other pc, but i got this pc , so i dont care if i cant install a shit lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone help me please? :(   Can someone help me please? :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can someone help me please? :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: