My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bamb@m
bamb@m

actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Empty
PostSubject: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 04:04

Hi all! first, sorry if this is in an improper format or anything, but this information will be needed more as more people get windows 7 installed while there is no available copy of an updated version of winautomation that is compatible with windows 7.

I have been helping two people who have windows 7 installed, which is incompatible with the currently available release of winautomation 2.0.3.746. the issue is that with this version of winauto on windows 7, clicks are not performed. so I have been incorporating actionaz to perform the clicks, but it seems to always have errors when you try to make an SFX (.exe) script.

the main error encountered is "7zr.exe is missing, please reinstall". for the one person I have been able to get .exe successfully created, his technique is to uninstall actionaz and reinstall, with the folder on the desktop, and some other techniques that should not be necessary just for making an exe in actionaz. it is not just a windows 7 issue, because after it failed on thier computers I tried it on mine and I get the same error, and I'm running XP. I searched online and finally found information about how to avoid this.

the solution was on a French forum, http://www.jmgr.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=236

basically, it says one solution is:

1) go to the actionaz folder (your HDD letter designation, C, D, or whatever):\program files\Jmgr.info\Actionaz 2

------> your setup may be different, based on your Operating System, but it will always be \Jmgr.info\Actionaz 2 at the end of the directory address

2) place the .act file you want to convert to .exe into the folder

3) start actionaz 2 directly, meaning click on the actionaz2.exe itself, not the .act you are converting

4) drag the .act into the actionaz window, and then click "create SFX script" and it should work cheers
Back to top Go down
pimpiliosious

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 13:12

thanks for the info i will give it a go.
Back to top Go down
pimpiliosious

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 13:24

no error but yet no file Sad, its 1:24pm when i typed this message.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 00:14

did you check the directory it said it would go to? it will not necessarily create the .exe in the same place as the .act unless you tell it to. try making one again and see which directory (folder) it is sending it to.
Back to top Go down
pimpiliosious

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 00:25

it doesn't create the file anywhere i tried to save it on the desktop but doesn't show up, i also tried to save it on C:program files(x86)\jmgr.info\actionaz 2
and still no use.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 07:02

I'm going to test this method on the other guy's win7 computer as well, to see if his appears to make .exe but it doesn't get put in the designated directory... if so, then the last I said to you in PM might be the only way to go, which is to create the .act on the win7 computer, and then send the .act to somoene on XP to create the .exe and then send the .exe back... quite a hassle, huh?
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 09:02

pimpiliosious wrote:
it doesn't create the file anywhere i tried to save it on the desktop but doesn't show up, i also tried to save it on C:program files(x86)\jmgr.info\actionaz 2
and still no use.

Since are using program files(x86), you are using the 64bit version. Which might be the problem.

If you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate, I suggest downloading Virtual XP. It's free and easy, since you can get XP Pro already set up for Virtual PC. Then you can make the exe in there, or even better, run it in Virtual XP.
Back to top Go down
Nasic
Nasic

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 18 Dec 2009, 15:16

pimpiliosious wrote:
and still no use.
Like Stsin pointed out you have the 64bit version which is the problem, if you have another partition/hard drive A:, B:, D:, or anything try to install actionaz and everything you need for actionaz over there instead of the x86 folder, your desktop OR your user folders, I've got Vista 64bit and I install everything on another hard drive as my hdd which has vista on it gives me crap about literally anything especially if I want to install a program/game when it's the same directory you pointed out.
If it doesn't work for you try Stsin's method involving virtual PC with XP on it.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitimeSat 19 Dec 2009, 00:26

thanks for the tips, stsin and nasic. pimpiliosious, let me know if it works so we can continue Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...   actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

actionaz solution regarding SFX creation problems...
Page 1 of 1