My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

the impact of Impact

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

the impact of Impact Empty
PostSubject: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeThu 17 Dec 2009, 21:40

The Impact skill definitely increases the chance that your opponent will drop their weapon on a successful hit. But it's not foolproof, so somehow Impact merely tweaks the odds a bit, just like Implacable tweaks the odds of hitting and Untouchable tweaks the odds of dodging. But it's not the only thing that can make the opponent drop a weapon, and every once in a while they'll drop it without any added factor at all. Here's some of the other things I think I've noticed that increase the odds.

• Certain weapons are known to cause more drops -- sai, baton, whip, are there others?
  • Heavy weapons seem to cause more drops than light ones.
  • Bears will occasionally cause a drop
  • Does high hit strength increase the chance of a drop? Does high target strength decrease it?

Somewhat related is the chance of losing your shield. Sometimes the shield and the weapon both get dropped, sometimes just the weapon, and sometimes the shield flies off even from a blocked hit. What's up with that?

What I'm getting at is, How important is the Impact skill really? Is a high-strength brute with heavy weapons or a sai just as good as a brute with Impact? What sorts of brutes is it vital for, and what sorts of brutes can safely do without it?
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 02:20

Essential skill imo, very useful against shields or to knock off deadly weapons from the opponent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
AlnicZ27
AlnicZ27

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 08:46

wow, nice topic dude,
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 14:17

OK.. First thing first
I'll discuss about the Strength First...
Strength is also the power of Impact.. Higher Str = Higher chance for enemies to drop weapon. It is why Bear can disarm weapons while wolf cannot...

Heavy Weapons can disarm more than the light one.. But, Heavy weapons also can be disarmed more and even more chance to disarm yourself...

For more info, Sai has somewhat low Accuracy even it is a light weapon...
Baton is a very weak weapon... Baton is useful only for countering imo...
Whip is the light weapon and not for disarming imo... Maybe Whip has Multi-hit properties which means higher chance of disarming...

Impact is useful for opponent who has MoA or Strong Arm. For High Strength Brute.. Impact is not really needed.. For Agile Brute, Impact becomes "should have" skills...

Your Impact will be the boomerang to yourself, if the enemy has Martial Arts, Thief and Hammer..

Without Impact, It is still no problem.. Unless you really cannot evade your enemy's attack..
Deluge can't be evaded by Impact.. MUST USE SABOTAGE ON THIS ONE....

Hope this answers all of your question..
More Info see here:
https://mybrute.forumotion.com/tips-tricks-f12/skill-s-weakness-and-strength-t1750.htm
Back to top Go down
AlnicZ27
AlnicZ27

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 15:00

nice answer zephyr cheers
Back to top Go down
ink

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan 2010, 02:00

the broadsword is pretty decent
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan 2010, 18:19

Thanks Zephyr, some nice points there. I am not sure about some of them -- I have always found sai to be a very accurate weapon, on par with the knife. It disarms pretty well. Baton is indeed a weak weapon, though it adds to your defense so it's quite useful for a common weapon. Whip does seem to disarm and remove shields more than other weapons imo, so we disagree there.

I realize that disarming your opponent opens you up to martial arts, but I must strongly disagree that it opens you up to thief and hammer attacks. When those supers occur, the brute will just toss their current weapon away! I have seen this happen many times, and it doesn't matter whether you disarm them or not, if the opponent wants to steal, they will steal and if they want to hammer, they will hammer. Impact does not make you more or less vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the impact of Impact   the impact of Impact Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the impact of Impact
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: General Discussion-
Jump to: