My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

What is the level of addiction of BC users?

Go down 
4 posters

I would accept to pay 1 EUR for unlocking the ability to have 1'000 more pupils
What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_lcap29%What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
I would accept to pay 1 EUR for unlocking the ability to have 10'000 more pupils
What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_lcap12%What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
I would accept to pay 1 EUR for unlocking the ability to have 100'000 more pupils
What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_lcap18%What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
I would not accept to pay anything and I would continue playing without any brute that has more than 1'000 pupils!
What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_lcap29%What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
I would not accept to pay anything and I would stop playing mybrute!
What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_lcap12%What is the level of addiction of BC users? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

What is the level of addiction of BC users? Empty
PostSubject: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeTue 05 Jan 2010, 17:15

Since the use of BC seems to cost MT some money in server upgrades and maintenance (and moreover the downtimes affect their reputation in terms of quality of their services), I was just wondering how could MT benefit from the huge success of mybrute without losing its base of users and without penalizing the players that do not make use of BC. One route would be based on the level of addiction of BC players.

Since it rather unlikely for any brute to gain e.g. 1'000 pupils without the use of BC, one idea would be that if someone wants his brute to have more than 1'000 pupils (and therefore continue to use BC or any such tool to create new pupils) he would have to pay for unlocking this ability for a given brute.
For example, my brute SuperBrute has now 1'000 pupils, and I pay 1 EUR for being able to create X new pupils for SuperBrute up to a threshold of 1'000+X pupils.

I was just curious about your level of addiction in pecuniary terms, hence this poll...
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 19:56

I think you're asking the wrong question. Right now, full BC users get all that for free with little effort after setup. Why would they pay anything? You can get all that and more just by turning on BC and leaving it running for the day. Furthermore, if you didn't have BC, how exactly would you create even 1,000 brutes, one at a time by hand? Do you know how long that would take? If you could make one pupil per minute, it would take you 17 hours, which is a long time to sit in front of the computer clicking over and over again and thinking up names.

If you want a real model of pay for addiction, look at the iPhone game. You buy fights, not pupils, in blocks of 100. Suppose you could buy 100 fights for your brute for 1 EUR, would you pay?
Back to top Go down
Nasic
Nasic

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 20:11

1 euro for a thousand xp pups?
Hell yeah!!!
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 20:35

Nasic wrote:
Hell yeah!!!

nana, he said 1 € for the possibility to create 1000 pupils Wink difference!
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 20:46

@Teethymo: yes, you are right, but my point was just to see how to make pay the people who are at the (probable) source of the pretty hefty and costly hardware requirements. I don't think these people are iPhone players though ;-)

HongKongFui wrote:

nana, he said 1 € for the possibility to create 1000 pupils difference!
Right ;-)
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 20:52

The only way to make the botters pay is to first take away their ability to make pupils for free. Then they will pay for pupils, or quit. And yes, a few of them are iPhone players!
Back to top Go down
Nasic
Nasic

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2010, 21:14

HongKongFui wrote:
Nasic wrote:
Hell yeah!!!

nana, he said 1 € for the possibility to create 1000 pupils Wink difference!
Oops, my fault for just reading the title Laughing

Anyway paying to be allowed for an amount of pupils would be stupid, the service should be free, MT would prohibit players from actually playing mybrute and just scare 'em away overtime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the level of addiction of BC users?   What is the level of addiction of BC users? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1