HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 

ps3 vc xbox360

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

which is better
playstation 3
38%
 38% [ 3 ]
xbox 360
62%
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
F.B.I

PostSubject: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 11:05

hey everyone i think ps3 are way better then xbox ps3 have better graphics and better games i need your opinion

Last edited by 6.aii on Tue 23 Mar 2010, 11:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 11:38

probably agree on the graphics at first, but with my new HD cable for my 360 elite on my 56" flatscreen, my graphics are quite nice

both have good qualities though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 12:27

The real differences are the exclusives, which isn't many. Your decision should be based on which you prefer to play.

Now my biased personal opinion:
PS3's better hardware may prolong it's longevity in comparison. I also feel I'm one of the few that chose the PS3 for it's blu-ray player. Plus the PS3 Media Server works quite well in streaming those HD mkvs to the PS3 hooked to the main HDTV. Or can convert and burn those 1080p movies to a BD9 format for PS3/bluray players using multiAVCHD or tsMuxer.

So to me, it's a great Bluray player and Media Center....that also plays games Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasic

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 14:42

360 has a better online community but PS3 excels in most parts otherwise for me, with GOW III & FFX XIII releasing the same month I'm really happy I own one ;D
Also I agree with Stsin if you're a movie fan and you watch or want to watch lot's of HD/bluray quality movies a PS3 is awesome with it's build in bluray player and media center, often I hook up my external hdd onto my PS3 and with a few clicks I can watch series/movies on my tv instead of my computer screen, which is a real relief when you have i.e. people over :0

Also for exclusives these are the ones i would recommend, Games like Mass Effect 1, 2 and Bioshock 1, 2 are also awesome but since their both availeble for PC and Xbox I choose to get them for the PC...

PS3: Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 (God of war 3, FFX XIII coming this march)
Xbox 360: Halo 3, Fable 2, Gears of War 2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 20:42

Nintendo Wiiiiiiiiiii lol!

But between the other two, definitely PS3. (GOW III and GT5 with the logitechG25 (youtube it, you'll get a pleasent surprise Wink )
And the Blu-Ray player of course

Still i'm happy with my Wii Very Happy (the New Super Mario Bros. is tha shiznit :alien: )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F.B.I

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 01 Mar 2010, 20:46

yeah thanks everyone for your help everyone at school keeps saying xbox are the best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Sat 06 Mar 2010, 11:52

6.aii wrote:
yeah thanks everyone for your help everyone at school keeps saying xbox are the best

There's some truth to that Wink

If the people at school are your friends, then may want to get the same console as them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F.B.I

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Sat 06 Mar 2010, 11:54

nah i love my ps3 there awesome lol Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 22 Mar 2010, 21:49

I <3 PS3 and I will pwn anyone in MW2 Twisted Evil

my psn is same here - steele11

Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Tue 23 Mar 2010, 04:21

Nasic wrote:
PS3: Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 (God of war 3, FFX XIII coming this march)
Xbox 360: Halo 3, Fable 2, Gears of War 2

Hey, hey, hey! Don't get me started on my 360!
We got Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Crackdown (Although I hate it), Dead Rising, N3:2, Too Human 1/2 (Upcoming) and probably more...

Also, Metal Gear Solid 4 has been confirmed to be released later for 360.
AlsoAlso, FFXIII is not a PS3 exclusive...

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Tue 23 Mar 2010, 11:06

ok everone ps3 are the best the end there better then gay boxes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ultra SSJ Vegeta

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Wed 24 Mar 2010, 00:19

i vote for ps3

Stsin wrote:
... So to me, it's a great Bluray player and Media Center....that also plays games Wink

i agree with you

and i'm looking forward to the motion controller
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ultra-ssj-vegeta.mybrute.com
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Wed 24 Mar 2010, 01:45

6.aii wrote:
ok everone ps3 are the best the end there better then gay boxes
There's no need for that. It's not like anyone said "Gaystation 3" or the like.
Sucks that I'm the only 360 fangirl here.

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Wed 24 Mar 2010, 07:11

aww ok i dont like the controlles but wish the ps3 would have halo on it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Fri 26 Mar 2010, 08:18

To those who are PC fans, you claim your PC is more expensive therefor it is better. Although you may get a more expensive PC than a console, with a console the specs are irrelevant to the game as long as it is within the correct platform, computers may be nicer and easier for aiming in FPS but the problem with that is it makes it easier for auto aimers and easier for others to aim themselves, controllers make it more challenging and more interesting.

Computer games you could argue have more variety but if you pay legit for all games then they cost more due to higher rate of piracy, XBOX and PS3 games are cheaper due to the lesser amount of piracy (yes there is still a large amount but less than PC by far) you may also notice that I have not included Wii in these comments, the reason for that is it is a completely different game style and playing style, that's just completely preference and is too hard to compare to an XBOX or PS3 or PC.

Now between PS3 and XBOX I believe game-play on an XBOX is better than a PS3 but again that can be up to preference, graphics wise PS3 is better but when it comes to a comparison there is not much difference. Online game-play on a PS3 is free compared to the payments of XBOX live, PS3 cost more originally and with the price difference you can generally afford a whole year of XBOX live and the XBOX itself whilst it being lower or the same price as a PS3.
In the end it comes down to preference, neither console has "better games" as they have a generally similar variety and both consoles have "specialized" games that are unique to their platform EG XBOX has the halo series and PS3 has the Grand Turismo series (they are both unique to their platforms)

A poll such as this is nonsense as all votes will be biased and in the end it is up to preference and whether you are a "fan-boy" or not.

May I also add that although a Ps3 can feature as a Bluray player that should be irrelevant as you are buying a gaming console rather than a Bluray or DVD player, XBOX has only a DVD player but to be quite honest I don't think that the quality difference between DVD and Bluray matters. Also it is a fact that the Bluray disk drives last for a shorter time than DVD drives after regular use (as the PS3 and XBOX's drives are always used that means a Ps3 will last for a shorter time compared to an XBOX before needing repairs (this comment applies to the later XBOXs, the eairlyer XBOXs the problems were due to the cooling not due to the drives)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
sevid

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 23:56

if i have $ i will buy xbox
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 29 Mar 2010, 11:12

KiwiMan wrote:
May I also add that although a Ps3 can feature as a Bluray player that should be irrelevant as you are buying a gaming console rather than a Bluray or DVD player, XBOX has only a DVD player but to be quite honest I don't think that the quality difference between DVD and Bluray matters. Also it is a fact that the Bluray disk drives last for a shorter time than DVD drives after regular use (as the PS3 and XBOX's drives are always used that means a Ps3 will last for a shorter time compared to an XBOX before needing repairs (this comment applies to the later XBOXs, the eairlyer XBOXs the problems were due to the cooling not due to the drives)

Irrelevant only in a fanboyism sense of comparisons.

If it's put to daily use, which the other can not do, how can it possibly be irrelevant?

Only a fanboy can say, "I don't think that the quality difference between DVD and Bluray matters." Words I've only seen coming from XBOX users. As they ignore the storage capacity too. Aren't these consoles made to be used on HD TV?

Stating that DVD players last longer, is irrelevant, when they serve different functions and the quality varies by different manufacturers. Do you honestly think that the DVD players in the XBOX is high end?

So how many have had to turn in their PS3s to replace their Bluray players? I don't know anyone. Now how many XBOX users have had the Red Ring of Death? 90% of everyone I personally know. One of my friends has done it three times already. MS has lost millions due to replacements or face a losing class action lawsuit. And to say it is not the fault of the DVD player is irrelevant. You can talk about it being a problem of the older XBOXs, but when you have to turn your XBOX in, don't even think that you are not getting a refurbished unit back Wink Enjoy your free month of waiting while at it too.

I didn't think it was needed to bring up the failure rates of the consoles, but for an XBOX fanboy to do so just beats all.

On release, XBOX had a return rate over 33%, while PS3 was at 0.2%.
By the end of 2009, PS3 did go up to 10.6%, while the XBOX360 jumped to 54.2%.

I believe it's actually higher than 54.2% from what I've personally seen from owners. The good point about that is that there's less modding done, because the warranty is worth it's weight in gold. I also blame the newer cheaper models for the PS3 for it's increased rate, yet still doesn't come close to the failure rates of the XBOX360.
I didn't think anyone can deny that the original PS3s were made with high quality parts, in which unfortunately was also expensive to manufacture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndreiTM

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Mon 29 Mar 2010, 12:39

playstation 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teapot

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 03:42

I have a PS2 and XBox instead of a PS3 or XBox 360, But I've played Burnout Paradise on PS3 and the controls make my fingers hurt after a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F.B.I

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 05:09

you must of press the buttons hard im not being mean to people but some people say if people buy the xbox360 and they dont have enough to buy the ps3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobTheBear
admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 15:47

Neither.

They're both good.

I've got a 360 and Wii. Don't have a PS3 as I simply couldn't justify adding yet another console to the collection (also have PS1, PS2, original Xbox - running XBMC and a SNES Emulator Very Happy, Dreamcast, N64, and MAME with about 8000 ROMs on the PC).

Having said that. I just got my annual bonus at work and do quite fancy finally getting a Bluray player ..... in which case I might as well get a PS3! Very Happy

These "which is better" threads always just descend into fanboyism arguments.

Mac vs PC anyone? Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 21:19

well ps3 do have better graphics then xbox360
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainNintendo

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 00:39

Which ever system has the games you like, is the right choice for you.

Most fanboys / girls will always try to persuade you with facts that in the end, are meaningless.

I own 3 Xbox 360's, and have never really had a problem with them. I have been putting off buying a PS3 until recently due to it's game library. (which until recently, has yet to impress me)

I've seen side by side comparisons of the latest Final Fantasy game, and it's really not all that big of a difference. I'm an old school gamer, and for me, the quality of gameplay is great then graphics. (sure, graphics are nice)

I don't expect the fans of each console ever to really understand the other system...

I own at least 12 different gaming platforms, and through out time, there's always been arguments like this.

Example:
Atari 2600> Intellivision. People argued about this...

Nintendo NES > Sega Master System... People argued about this.

Sega Genesis / Super Nintendo

PS1 / Gamecube

PS2 / Xbox

I think you get the point.

If you really think that another person not liking your gaming choice is a bad thing, Then you really need help...

And that's my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ps3 vc xbox360   Today at 10:29

Back to top Go down

ps3 vc xbox360
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1