HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 

My Trip To Japan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nasic

PostSubject: My Trip To Japan!   Sun 07 Mar 2010, 15:26

Well as some of you may know I’ve been to Japan and I was encouraged to write something about it on here so here it goes, my story about my trip to Tokyo & Kyoto ^^
First and foremost I’m Japanophile and to go there was an absolute blast, I’ve always been intrigued by the country and to finally go there as a young Dutchman is somewhat special haha Razz

Flight took about 12 hours which I didn’t really mind as I got to watch a lot of new movies and the screen build into the backseat of the next passenger could also be used to play games on with a wii-like remote which had buttons on it. I actually played Poker versus other passengers lol.
Aaaaanyway the first day (only the evening left after arrival) I went to Shibuya (picture below), it’s the busiest crossing in the world (around 30mil people that live in Tokyo)

Now the first thing I noticed except for how many people there were was the hospitality and friendly attitudes people showed, It’s seriously unreal and you have to experience it for yourself as a westerner.

Next day I went to Ueno Park, no blossoming Sakura (except for one)which has a great influence on tourism as well as pricing, if you want to go cheap to Japan around February is as cheap as it get’s Wink
Close by was the Edo Museum which get’s much praise and it had some neat things around the 17th century (edo period) such as authentic [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/nasc336/Japan/IMG_0033.jpgSamurai armor[/url], art & weapons
Next was Akihabara, this is the electronic centre of Tokyo with all shops evolving around computer parts, games and other technical gizmo’s, some interesting things there as well as very cheap products on the markets (i.e. saw a PSP for only 8000-9000 Yen (around 70 euro’s)

What I didn’t expect to see here were tons of dressed up girls dealing out flyers and stuff as well as lot’s of uniformed school girls *yummie* xD

The next day it was Sunday so my plan was to visit Harajuku where all the youngsters and fashionable types gather but because I was early I visited Yogiyo Park which was next to the Harajuku Bridge and I was amazed because at the time I arrived a series of Traditional weddings was going on of very high ranking family’s, it was also in the newspaper the next day

Wedding 1
Wedding 2
Wedding 3
Wedding 4

By the time I came back to Harajuku bridge it was a lot busier and a lot of dressed up folk had arrived, I think I’ll let the pictures do the talking xD
One thing though, most youngsters who dressed up were quite colorfull and would be happy to hug you (free hugs) or take a picture with the occasional tourist but the (mostly) guys on the other side, the gothics, the steampunk kids denied being photographed and sat on purpose on the other (smaller) side of the bridge, I think this pic portrays the terms of this separation quite well ^^

(Luckily the camera I had could zoom in pretty far)

Takashita street( clothing shops)
Harajuku 1
Harajuku 2
Harajuku 3

And last but not least, lollypop girl! Razz

Went out that evening to Shinjuku and goddamn all those pachinko halls (game/arcade) what a noise came of out those places, unbelievable o_O

The third day took the Shin Kansen (faaaaaaaaast train, 160-200 km/h) to Kyoto.
The cleaning of these trains is again typical Japanese and a prime example of how it should be done (train system in Holland is a mess)
They wait a few minutes lined up before the train arrives, bow and greet the passengers as they come out, go in, clean furiously, flip some switch which makes the stairs turn around facing west (Tokyo is the end station so otherwise passenger would be looking backwards on their way to Kyoto) a very nifty system indeed, when they’re done they come out, stand lined up again, raise a their hand and give some signal and rush towards the next train which is about to arrive meanwhile.

My hotel was in a pretty quiet area and you are basically near dense forests/nature so it’s a whole other world compared to the concrete jungle of Tokyo which has a building on every possible square inch of ground you can come up with :0
I can’t remember all the names of the temples over there (shame on me) but to give you an impression here are the piccu’s~~

View on Kyoto
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/nasc336/Japan/IMG_0285.jpgZen garden[/url]
Graves
Temple
The Golden Paviljion (Had to wait for a loooong time before I could take my post-card like picture because it was so busy >_<)

Kyoto at night is pretty awesome, lot’s of smaller streets lighted with Lampionnen (engrishlol)
Also saw a lot of Maiko’s as there are severall of these schools in Kyoto, which ment a lot of fairly young girls in Kimono’s /happyface

Maiko 1
Maiko 2
Maiko 3 These were actually from Hong Kong
Maiko 4 A lot of these girls had messed up teeth, it’s considered as a form of Kawaii (cuteness) so a lot of teenage girls don’t have their teeth fixed on purpose.

At a certain temple a class arrived with their teachers, they were about to make a [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/nasc336/Japan/IMG_0410.jpg ]class photo[/url], it awesome.

After a couple of days it was goodbye Kyoto and Hello Nikko, Nikko is an area with very old temples, dating back around the year 800 and lies an hour by train outside Tokyo, it’s also a bit higher so there was still snow there.

Temple
Bird decoration
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
Hear no evil, see no evil the other version
Sake Barrels

In Tokyo I still had to do some shopping so I went back to more popular places like Shibuya, Harajuku but also Asakusa, a more traditional looking part from the rest of Tokyo where when shops were closed some amazing Graffiti popped up as well as this lit up pagoda
Tsukiji Fishmarket provides fish for entire Tokyo it was a monstrous industry with so many people selling/exporting fish, the picture is just one of example of how big a tuna’s get caught, killed and sold on the spot.

Harajuku street life (Living standards are pretty high in Tokyo, no wonder everyone is so well dressed)

purple motorcycle
Most young girls there were whearing short skirts or cut jeans with hiiiiiiigh heels or colourful sneakers a long with the occasional winter hat while the sun was shining, durr…
Tokyoite

Only had rain on the last day, which made me realise how lucky I had been because the entire week before the weather was great.
Picture taken from the star bcks with a view on Shibuya crossing.

Didn't buy a lot of special things though, most things are the same as here except for well.. traditional stuff and clothing, so I tried some out myself
I can speak about a gazillion things but I think this is mooooreee than enough for you guys, I hope you enjoyed my little picture story about my trip to Japan. Arigota Gozaimassuuu for reading and Sayonara!!!~

Since my return my brute Lord-Nasic42 has achieved Bicep rank, \o/ cheers little fella! \o/ Dentist is up next Twisted Evil

Last edited by Nasic on Wed 10 Mar 2010, 15:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asian_girl

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Sun 07 Mar 2010, 16:04

the second time: ahhh that's sooooo cool *____*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobTheBear
admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 02:37

Great stuff Nasic!

I recognise a few of the places in your pics from my trip last year. It's an amazing place.

I wanna go back!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 19:15

hehe thanks, yeh it was truely an awesome experience, can't wait to go back! xD
Did you know that some hotels rent rooms with shared kitchens/showers etc for just 320€ a month, Yeh okay no dream hostels or w/e but still, espacially for youth visiting Tokyo it's a pretty cheap alternative when planning on staying for a few weeks :J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 19:16

Cool trip Nasic... I am heading to China this summer for a family vacation (sponsored by my grandpa). I hope I have as much fun as you did in Japan.

:)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
GOML

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Mon 08 Mar 2010, 21:15

thanks for sharing Nasic, love the pics, wouldn't mind a trip to Japan myself as I actually know a few people living there and could probably stay with friends for the duration. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kenichiro

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 06:39

Nice pics Nasic! Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aylove

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 06:55

Great Picture story Nasic. I enjoyed to read it and see all this great Pic's. Tokyo seems to be very impressive! Surprised
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 08:07

awesome photography, nasic! man, I'm not quite a Japanophile, but I've been wanting to go there for at least 20 years now Laughing

and the only trips I've taken to Japan were to the Narita airport for flight layovers, never left the airport Evil or Very Mad

someday..... No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
F.B.I

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 09:50

if anyone gos on a vaction come to australia so awesome and visit newcastle!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 09:52

awesome nasic

u just make me want to go there

luckily, my uncles wife is japanese

and my dad is gonna make a company and need some thing from japan

im going there cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Rouchien

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 10:07

damn.. i thought japanese girls are hot and cute but in the picture... HIDEOUS :O i will prefer koreans are now the cutest and hottest girl around Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobTheBear
admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 13:40

Aylove wrote:
Great Picture story Nasic. I enjoyed to read it and see all this great Pic's. Tokyo seems to be very impressive! Surprised

Tokyo is totally AWESOME!

By far and away the best city I've ever visited. There is just so much to see, do and experience there. I could have spent the entire 3 weeks we were there in Tokyo and still have come away wanting to do more.

If you ever get the chance, it's a must visit place! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 16:51

Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasic

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Tue 09 Mar 2010, 23:37

Yaboirobby wrote:
Cool trip Nasic... I am heading to China this summer for a family vacation (sponsored by my grandpa). I hope I have as much fun as you did in Japan.

Ah cool, I think you'll like it, the only place I've been to in China was Hong Kong which was pretty awesome as well ^^

GOML wrote:
thanks for sharing Nasic, love the pics, wouldn't mind a trip to Japan myself as I actually know a few people living there and could probably stay with friends for the duration. Very Happy
Hmmm you should, would be probably very nice to stay with locals who can also show you cool things and take you out to places you might not discover by yourself.

Aylove wrote:
kenichiro wrote:
Nice pics Nasic! Thanks for sharing. Very Happy
bamb@m wrote:
awesome photography, nasic! man, I'm not quite a Japanophile, but I've been wanting to go there for at least 20 years now Laughing

and the only trips I've taken to Japan were to the Narita airport for flight layovers, never left the airport Evil or Very Mad

someday..... No
Thanks guys, and B@m you should really just take the train/bus to Tokyo even if it's for a short while you won't regret it, beats just seeing Narito Airport and you're so close then!! xD

gaufferhoof wrote:
damn.. i thought japanese girls are hot and cute but in the picture... HIDEOUS :O i will prefer koreans are now the cutest and hottest girl around Very Happy
Well if you're looking for your avarage teenage super model look-a-like you see them quite often with the expensive clothes etc but they are quite boring tbh, wouldn't make really special pictures so I stick with street life and the sub cultures that is represented by the youth :)

bob wrote:
Tokyo is totally AWESOME!

By far and away the best city I've ever visited. There is just so much to see, do and experience there. I could have spent the entire 3 weeks we were there in Tokyo and still have come away wanting to do more.

If you ever get the chance, it's a must visit place!
Definitly, as someone from Europe/USA it's a real blast, truely a unique experience :heart:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Thu 11 Mar 2010, 00:59

Nasic wrote:
Yaboirobby wrote:

Ah cool, I think you'll like it, the only place I've been to in China was Hong Kong which was pretty awesome as well ^^

bamb@m wrote:

someday..... No
Thanks guys, and B@m you should really just take the train/bus to Tokyo even if it's for a short while you won't regret it, beats just seeing Narito Airport and you're so close then!! xD

yeah, perhaps I'll be more explorative in the future, but in all my "worldly" flights, it was only that one time I landed in Tokyo, and it wasn't for very long, just a short layover. on the other hand, I've spent much more time in Hong Kong (five visits or so there for about three month's worth of time). I still haven't done everything I want to do there, but it's a lot harder for me to travel now than it was a few years ago. I also need to spend more time in Korea (only two days on Jeju island is not enough to see everything there, and I never went to the eastern mountains, like Mt. Sorak :cry: ). I got the opportunity to go to the second Biennial World Ceramic Fair, but unfortunately I lost my souvenir, and I want to get another one of those too...

too many places to go, not enough money to get there Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Thu 11 Mar 2010, 09:32

Great Pics! I wish I was there. Someday....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 20:53

Very nice pics Nasic Very Happy! I'm hoping to go there for my college trip this April. (maybe when I've saved up the cash to afford the trip's costs Razz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ffdfdffff.mybrute.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Trip To Japan!   Today at 18:00

Back to top Go down

My Trip To Japan!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1