HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 

The New Game Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
GOML

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Fri 26 Mar 2010, 16:29

yeah, I agree it does feel odd.

as far as the "payment system" goes, all you get are a certain number of credits which can be used to get your brute out of the hospital 1 time each day. so at the low end you can purchase 300 credits for between $6-$7 US and use 15 of them to basically give a brute 3-10 additional fights per day. not what I would call buying your way to the top.

not certain I like the idea of the lose 3 fights that's it... if your brute loses 3 fights in a row you kind of feel robbed since there is the potential for 10 fights. and if you lose 3 in a row after using credits for additional fights you really will feel robbed. Razz I think a better option would be to have 5-7 fights per day all of which could be played, win or lose and use the old point system (2 pts for a win 1 pt for a loss).
also don't like not being able to see opponents' weapons/skills/pets, I wouldn't call taking a peek cheating, but rather strategy, the way the muxxu version is set up you're pretty much fighting blind every time you choose an opponent. but then if they allowed that you wouldn't have the "spy" skill and they would have had to think of something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Fri 26 Mar 2010, 17:12

The way the new game is set up feels lonely. You are in your own little world with no way to find out about your opponents.

My new Ellindor won 8 of her 10 fights and has also won the first round of the tournament. Maybe she will be stronger than the original.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Fri 26 Mar 2010, 17:12

omg ....

i dont care about a paysystem. if the old mybrute version had a paysystem for 3 new fights per day everyone would cry about that and buhuuh i dont wanna play a game where ppl can pay for....

cant hear it anymore. pay or not but dont cry about ppl who pay.

and i think its nice that you can have up to 10 fights per day. good brutes will raise faster and thats good because its everyones FAULT if he gets a good or a bad brute Wink

why dont you look at the nice things they made with this version ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Fri 26 Mar 2010, 20:45

well spoken vollauf!!!!

but I have one critic either: no influence on the way the brute looks suxx... I have 2 accounts now and every brute I created (except dio-s4i, he looks like the original dio Razz) is ugly and not of my taste Sad

the other new features are cool (some of em) but I have to test it a few days before I can say sumthing :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 04:31

I still don't like that only people who pay can make clans now. I hope btb and a few othrs that already paid wisely spend 200 of their credits to make clans while they can Rolling Eyes

I also don't like that it seems you truly have to wait 24 hours to fight again. I did my fights yesterday at 10 am and tried again to day before going to wrok at 8 am, and they still weren't available. so now, I'm going to lose an entire day's fights each week as I switch back and forth between grave shift and day shift Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 10:45

I didn't have to wait 24 hours?! created some of my accounts 18 hours ago (yesterday) und played again 2 hours ago :)

if they built in another possibility to rise faster this game will become boring fast imo

didn't calculate it yet, but I think it will take months (or years) to receice level 100, or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 11:19

hkfui, your IP didn't change or anything to let you do it again early, did it? I know I changed my IP after making those first three accounts, but I still couldn't do anything 20-22 hours after they last had action... perhaps I got bugged Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 11:53

new fights come up @0:00 french time, so gmt +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:06

aha, so that's why. I was trying at 2300 french time and I started work @ 2330. so today and tomorrow, my fights will be done at around 1300 fr time, and on monday I switch back to 0100. let's see if I can fight again after just 12 hours (from 1300 to 0100)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:11

bamb@m wrote:
aha, so that's why. I was trying at 2300 french time and I started work @ 2330. so today and tomorrow, my fights will be done at around 1300 fr time, and on monday I switch back to 0100. let's see if I can fight again after just 12 hours (from 1300 to 0100)

You will be able to do that. I did my first fights mid afternoon yesterday, and played again immediately after the reset. Much less than 12 hours between.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:15

excellent Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:27

So we have all played for three days now - how are you all liking it?

I still prefer the original game, but this is quite different and I am getting into it now. I like the viewable tournaments, and the choice of skills etc.

If you get reset to level 1 after a tournament win then eventually we should all get to win tournaments and advance in rank, even with an initially weak brute. And the only way to gain a high level is by not entering the tournaments.

I have made two accounts now and have three brutes. I will make a fourth, but I am waiting for one with a nice appearance. All the options that have appeared for me so far have been pale and boring. I think that will be it then - I am spending far too much time on this as it is.

I am thinking that it might be fun to just level one of them up without entering the tournaments just to see if they can acquire all the skills and weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 12:58

HongKongFui wrote:

if they did not! built in another possibility to rise faster this game will become boring fast imo

didn't calculate it yet, but I think it will take months (or years) to receice level 100, or not?

thats what I wanted to say...

if you win a tournament you are level 1 again? and you lose all your weapons and stuff? don't like that idea Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:04

me too
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
GOML

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:17

yeah, not liking that at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sioc
admin
admin

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:27

.. hehe. But probably if you become Brutal Legend then your stats won't be reset anymore granted that there's nothing above Brutal Legend.... so that could be a motivation to play even more in order to get BL...

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:35

and on long term this system is much better for lower levels...you always fight in your own class...much less klitschko vs. kentikian Wink

curious what will happen after getting bl though...

& if the future of a brute is predetermined in the sense of, there is a pool of items & abilities and you only can choose amongst them, you can go different routes, but you always reach the same destination, so probably you will never be able to get one or the other special...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:37

one thing I can say yet: I'm really unlucky with my brutes there... first fight? ALWAYS a loss... second one? nearly always a loss... 3 fight? don't ask me...

most of my brutes don't reach level 3 the first day affraid

some of them have nice abilities like espionne, but it's not cool that they get "une blessure" for using them... so I use spy only to see all my possible opponents have not only better stats? no, better weapons either... so I have 2 fights insted of 3 Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOML

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:42

have you entered any in the tourneys yet? my first muxxu brute won the second I entered her in, so now back to level 1. but I chose the same destiny since it seemed to work out so well. guess one could attain BL status then worry about leveling up since the title part would already be done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 13:43

spy is a nice feature, but i wouldn't take it, best is to take opponents with high agi & low str & higher hp (so they don't have a pet).

perhaps after reaching bl you will be shown a table with all reachable items & abilities for your brute & asked: you want to continue raising this (crap) brute till infinity or start all over?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 14:05

I'm working on making an account with a brute with espionne, so then when I use it, I should be able to spy on any opponent for any other brute on any account. the only catch is the time taken to switch accounts, plus that it's hard to manually select an opponent Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 14:08

or we build a list with weak opponents Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 14:12

was writing the same thing u did harpy
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 14:15

yes but it\'s too lavish, i\'ll stick with taking agi (speed/health) brutes as opponents...all you need is to reach the next lvl to win the tourney, if you got one or two wins more, doesn\'t really count, since it\'s resetted anyways...

more tricky is the tradeoff between using up more fights to reach next level or try to win the tourney without uplevelling, so you have some fights left for the next rank...

Last edited by harpyieklein on Sat 27 Mar 2010, 14:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Sat 27 Mar 2010, 14:17

but still reset after title is a bad idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Game Discussion Thread   Today at 08:10

Back to top Go down

The New Game Discussion Thread