HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 
 

 what is BEST operating system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

what is the BEST operating system
1.Windows(xp,vista,seven)
87%
 87% [ 13 ]
2.Mac
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
3. Linux
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15
 

AuthorMessage
xteenager
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 5987
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : The couch

PostSubject: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 19:46

i would like to see some reasons


i vote for linux, never tried it but from the words of my ict teacher and my uncle(ict enginerr) linux is the best

i think it has a coding page where u can edit the system the way u like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
sevid
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 3733
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 26
Location : everywhere

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 19:50

windows easy but need check it always on viruses and if u install it u must care of it and prepare to reinstall it evry month +
Linux is harder u must be true Linuxoid hard UP install it
Mac idk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xteenager
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 5987
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 24
Location : The couch

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 19:53

on the contrary, linux seem easy, i saw my friend work at it PERFECT

it also NEVER freeze, it uses the ram 100% usage, and have better security

i just want to know others opinions so i choose if i download it or not
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
sevid
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 3733
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 26
Location : everywhere

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 19:54

i prefer XP with his bugs =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 889
Join date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 20:17

Think about why you haven't tried Linux yet.

Amiga OS

My C64 had awesome boot times and was pretty stable.

No matter how great the OS is, if it doesn't run the apps you want... it's not doing you much good. Otherwise, whatever you feel the most comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
w13winni
VIP
VIP


Posts : 282
Join date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 20:33

there're no better

it depends what you want to do with your os
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BobTheBear
admin
admin


Posts : 4057
Join date : 2009-05-15
Location : Scotland!

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 20:42

w13winni wrote:
there're no better

it depends what you want to do with your os

QFT

/thread?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Dip O Sitas
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 672
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 34
Location : Germany / Legebatterie

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 20:46

I use Windows since I started working at computers...
Now I have Vista Ultimate x64 since more than 1 (or even2 ?) years without any problems^^
(...and I didn´t had to reinstall it since then!!! - still running smooth and fast AND my comp is running 24/7 with downloading at least 3-6GB stuff per day)

Once properly adjusted and always up to date there couldn´t be a better OS...
EVERY game and program runs without any problems^^
And thanks to a good firewall & antivirus (and of course not clicking every shitty spam-link etc)
I don´t have any issues with viruses and stuff!!

AND as soon as any problems occur I will install Win7 King
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://DiPoBruTE.mybrute.com
sevid
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 3733
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 26
Location : everywhere

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 21:13

A Dip O Sitas wrote:
I use Windows since I started working at computers...
Now I have Vista Ultimate x64 since more than 1 (or even2 ?) years without any problems^^
(...and I didn´t had to reinstall it since then!!! - still running smooth and fast AND my comp is running 24/7 with downloading at least 3-6GB stuff per day)

Once properly adjusted and always up to date there couldn´t be a better OS...
EVERY game and program runs without any problems^^
And thanks to a good firewall & antivirus (and of course not clicking every shitty spam-link etc)
I don´t have any issues with viruses and stuff!!

AND as soon as any problems occur I will install Win7 King
on win XP SP3 my PC worked 6-7 month without OFF and Ok too =)
i want install Win 7 but i cant run BC there =( so i use XP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 889
Join date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Tue 30 Mar 2010, 23:57

sevid wrote:
i want install Win 7 but i cant run BC there =( so i use XP

What is the problem? I can help.

My Brute career has always been on Win 7 x64 Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 889
Join date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 00:12

xteenager wrote:
on the contrary, linux seem easy, i saw my friend work at it PERFECT

it also NEVER freeze, it uses the ram 100% usage, and have better security

i just want to know others opinions so i choose if i download it or not

I think it's funny that when Vista was made to take advantage of unused RAM .ie superfetch, people complained about how much RAM it was hogging. When the cached memory is freed instantly when needed by other programs. Unused RAM is wasted RAM. Windows 7 made it less noticeable to the alarmed user by prefetching 6 minutes after boot up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaspar4o0o
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 371
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 09:24

I've install Win 7 Ultimate x64 on my computer over a month ago, and working very stable at the moment. Before I install win 7 I was with vista ultimate x64 which was also stable for 3-4 months and after that start showing some bugs and I uninstall it. Now after 1 month with Win 7 it didn't show me any bugs and my computer works 24/7 without any restarts for this 1 month !!! I'm satisfied to said that for me the best OS is Win 7 !!! King
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sioc
admin
admin


Posts : 2784
Join date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Wed 31 Mar 2010, 09:43

If you are totally noob or are doing professional graphics/multimedia: MAC

If you love open software or would like to set up a totally noob and stable system for someone else but are ready to face some compatibility issues or you are ready to dive into the OS configuration files: Ubuntu (Linux)

If you want maximum compatibility with the community: M$ Windows

Anything else: ;-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_operating_systems


PS: Tried each of them and quite a few other ones over the decades ;-) My choice now is Win7 X64 for everything. Surprisingly good.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndreiTM
* * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *


Posts : 1432
Join date : 2009-11-14
Location : RO

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Fri 07 May 2010, 18:03

I prefer Windows Xp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kaspar4o0o
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 371
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Fri 07 May 2010, 21:03

Win 7 x64 for everything !!!! King
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod


Posts : 1690
Join date : 2009-04-14
Age : 27
Location : Tranquility Lane

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Sat 08 May 2010, 02:59

Having only tried Mac and Windows, I have to say Windows...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned


Posts : 894
Join date : 2009-04-14
Age : 22
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Sat 08 May 2010, 03:37

Linux is open source, very stable and no viruses (it is a free operating system so there is no reason for viruses.
Open source means you can do anything you want to it..
The downside is linux is not compatible with all out favorite tools and necessary programs as this is a windows world.

By default Windows becomes my favorite simply because everything good is compatible..
Windows ME was the best but since ME is no longer compatible with anything Windows XP is the best, Windows Vista and 7 are just un-necessary as you dont really gain much extra but they use more system resources.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
kaspar4o0o
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 371
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Sat 08 May 2010, 08:43

KiwiMan wrote:
Windows Vista and 7 are just un-necessary as you dont really gain much extra but they use more system resources.

I'm not sure about that because one of my friends work with Win 7 x86 and takes the same resources like Windows XP x86 only Windows Vista is much havier but that is out of the question because almost nobody use it nowadays !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kenichiro
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Thu 13 May 2010, 08:03

Dual boot Ubuntu (Linux) and Vista Ultimate x64.

No issues with either and no preference over the other. They serve different purposes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stsin
* * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *


Posts : 889
Join date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Thu 13 May 2010, 08:31

Vista is going to dissappear like Win ME. Good riddance Wink

If plan on using the latest hardware with the most compatibility, getting Windows 7 x64 is a no brainer.
Edit: Then there's multibooting like Kenichiro said.





Official Windows 7 mascot Nanami Madobe.

"The Nanami Madobe theme, only available by preordering Microsoft’s latest operating system, is said to be the only localised original theme to date, proving even Microsoft is acknowledging the selling power of moe in Japan."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo-kntA-OLM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned


Posts : 894
Join date : 2009-04-14
Age : 22
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Sat 15 May 2010, 09:00

kaspar4o0o wrote:
KiwiMan wrote:
Windows Vista and 7 are just un-necessary as you dont really gain much extra but they use more system resources.

I'm not sure about that because one of my friends work with Win 7 x86 and takes the same resources like Windows XP x86 only Windows Vista is much heavier but that is out of the question because almost nobody use it nowadays !!!
Yes because that is why to use windows 7 you need a much better graphics card and almost 3xmore ram that what you would need for XP..
Obviously windows 7 requires and uses far more resources and processes.
But if you had 2 computers which one had the minimum requirements for windows XP and the other for Windows 7 then you would probably see that the percentage of resources used is the same.
But windows 7 itself uses far more resources and is slower on a common computer than XP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
kaspar4o0o
* * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * *


Posts : 371
Join date : 2009-11-07
Age : 24
Location : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Sat 15 May 2010, 09:12

KiwiMan wrote:
kaspar4o0o wrote:
KiwiMan wrote:
Windows Vista and 7 are just un-necessary as you dont really gain much extra but they use more system resources.

I'm not sure about that because one of my friends work with Win 7 x86 and takes the same resources like Windows XP x86 only Windows Vista is much heavier but that is out of the question because almost nobody use it nowadays !!!
Yes because that is why to use windows 7 you need a much better graphics card and almost 3xmore ram that what you would need for XP..
Obviously windows 7 requires and uses far more resources and processes.
But if you had 2 computers which one had the minimum requirements for windows XP and the other for Windows 7 then you would probably see that the percentage of resources used is the same.
But windows 7 itself uses far more resources and is slower on a common computer than XP.

Okayy ! I have 2 computers ( my main and laptop ). My laptop have minimum requirements for Win 7 and work faster and than when I install XP to it ( yeah Win 7 uses a little more resources , but work faster than XP on my laptop, idk why !!! ). My main computer also work slower with XP than with Win 7 or Win Vista ( idk why it works better with Vista or Win 7 than with XP ) , but the strangest thing is that when I install Vista ( 1 month ago because I want to test it ) i've seen that Vista takes less resources than Win 7 and the both work fast !!! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psycausis
* * * * * * *
* * * * * * *


Posts : 251
Join date : 2010-04-22
Age : 44
Location : NC

PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Thu 20 May 2010, 13:20

I prefer XP myself because of compatability with a lot of freeware and open source progs but, I really want to switch to Linux because of what all I've read and heard about it being so secure, private and efficient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: what is BEST operating system   Today at 21:11

Back to top Go down
 
what is BEST operating system
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» updating operating system gs5
» Pre-WotLK System Requirements
» Tau Smart Missile System
» SYSTEM-OF-A-DOWN app
» TCI Official Forum Ranking System

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: