My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

tournament/arena strategy

Go down 
+7
puppywhirl
NixxxoN
Teethymo
Rico
ellindor
cbarron
bamb@m
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bamb@m
bamb@m

tournament/arena strategy Empty
PostSubject: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 02:56

I have noticed as certain brutes get a new rank, they have an opportunity to be in two tournaments in one day, if only they have enough fights remaining to at least get to lvl 3/4. up 'til now, I have always done all my fights before entering a tournament, and found myself frustrated at my inability to enter two tournaments in one day because I do not spend money to recover fights. I am posting my new strategy, in the event it will help others like me to ensure you maximize your tournament entries per day:

if a brute has more than 10 points until next level, and is at least lvl 7/8, enter tournament but do not do arena fights. reason: if you win the tournament, you will still have 10 fights available to increase your level so you can reenter the tournament on the same day.

* 1st example - you are lvl 17 and your current points are 6/22 (not exact, I know), then you will not gain a level even if you win all 10 fights in the arena, so your tournament fight will not be affected if you do not do your fights first.

* 2nd example - you are lvl 17 and your points are 18/22, do all fights needed to gain the next level, and if you would only have two or three fights left after gaining the level, then you still wouldn't be able to reach lvl 3 after winning the tournament, so it's your decision how many fights to do and how many to leave for after winning the tournament.

***bonus tip***

for those of you who have two brutes at the same rank in any account (even padawan), then you may have noticed that even if you enter both brutes in the tournament at the same time, they will never meet because there are at least two different tournaments being filled at any time. I don't know if it works the same for three or more brutes on one account, but at least for two in one account, they will never meet.

So: if you want to ensure that all of your brutes in as many accounts as you have are all in different tournaments to ensure they all have a decent chance of progressing in the tournament, make sure that the tournaments have started for those brutes in the first account before you enter your brutes in another account Cool
Back to top Go down
cbarron
cbarron

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 03:10

Well, i did 1 of the things you said..

I did that with my level 4, back when muxxu first started.

He was the 7th person to reach richer batter.

Level 4 won the tournament, then got to level 4 again..
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 03:12

lvl 4 won the tournament??? I wish I had started on the first day instead of the 2nd Sad
Back to top Go down
cbarron
cbarron

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 03:16

On the second day, you could only reach level 6.

Level 4 on the first day with 10 fights, level 6 on the 2nd day with 10 fights.

You wasn't really left behind.

Last edited by cbarron on Sun 02 May 2010, 03:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 03:34

I know it wasn't far, but I still felt left behind, even if by one day Razz

now I'm just getting left behind 'cause I don't have the best brutes available Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
cbarron
cbarron

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 03:44

I have some brutes i can spare to you.

This will take awhile for me to look through 129 accounts...

xD
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 05:41

I already have 18 brutes on 9 accounts, but thanks for the offer Wink
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 09:31

bamb@m wrote:
I have noticed as certain brutes get a new rank, they have an opportunity to be in two tournaments in one day, if only they have enough fights remaining to at least get to lvl 3/4.

That has only happened once for me - it was nice. :)

bamb@m wrote:
So: if you want to ensure that all of your brutes in as many accounts as you have are all in different tournaments to ensure they all have a decent chance of progressing in the tournament, make sure that the tournaments have started for those brutes in the first account before you enter your brutes in another account Cool

I usually do wait for the tourneys to start but on one occasion I didn't and my two brutes met in the third round. The winner went on to win the tourney, so I didn't mind. If she had met a different brute in round three, maybe she would have lost!
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 09:59

ellindor wrote:
bamb@m wrote:

I usually do wait for the tourneys to start but on one occasion I didn't and my two brutes met in the third round. The winner went on to win the tourney, so I didn't mind. If she had met a different brute in round three, maybe she would have lost!

you set me up for this with your comment about your luck, didn't you??? I made the mistake of putting two brutes in the same tournament today, and each one beat his half of the tourney bracket and they've met in the finals affraid

http://labrute.muxxu.com/t/28313

I don't know who to root for now Rolling Eyes Laughing

yes, I own both che'lu and raa What a Face
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 12:23

i think it is perfect for you , one gets a new rank , and the other gets 5 points as the maximum of tournys points. and if he can reach the final once he can do it next day in higher level.
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 02 May 2010, 13:31

Sounds good. You are guaranteed a win.

It seems that the system won't let you view a tournament you are not entered in.

Do let us know who wins. :)

I would also be interested to know if the losing finalist wins his next tourney.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 15:55

Of course, this is a really marginal case -- you might be able to rank up, do 10 fights to get to level 4, and then enter another tourney, but the chances of you winning more than a single fight are really small.

I enter the tourney and then see if I'm 10 fights from leveling up. If so, I do my training then and try to gain a level so I can do better in the tourney. If not, I wait until it's over.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 16:14

cbarron wrote:
This will take awhile for me to look through 129 accounts...

.... what?..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 18:14

Teethymo wrote:
Of course, this is a really marginal case -- you might be able to rank up, do 10 fights to get to level 4, and then enter another tourney, but the chances of you winning more than a single fight are really small.

Yes, you are right Teethymo. The first time I entered a second tourney after levelling I lost in the first round.

Got very lucky today though. I entered my AmethystBlue in the tourney just after the reset last night. She won.

I did my ten fights and got to level 4 and entered another tourney. She was so lucky - got level 4 opponents in 1st and 2nd rounds, and won both. Luck ran out in third round against a level 15, but it is a good day.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 19:13

Yes, I did that once with PunchDrunk, he worked his way up to level 4 and then got smacked down in the first round.

By the way, one of my brutes last night fought a level 3 opponent in the first round of the tourney. How do you suppose that could have happened?
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 03 May 2010, 21:10

Teethymo wrote:
Yes, I did that once with PunchDrunk, he worked his way up to level 4 and then got smacked down in the first round.

By the way, one of my brutes last night fought a level 3 opponent in the first round of the tourney. How do you suppose that could have happened?

You can enter tourneys at lvl 3.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 03:11

ok, here's the results:

che'lu won and ranked, but was one win short of getting lvl 3

raa lost, and in the next tourney, only went to the third round Rolling Eyes

either way, think of it this way: che'lu got three extra fights in his new rank on his first day that would have been lost if he had used them before he won the tournament, since he was going to be reset, after all. theoretically, if he had the same fight results on the next day after missing those first fights, he would have had to wait until his second day as DB in order to get into the tourney. using those fights early allowed him to enter the tourney on his first full day as DB.

so, it may take more effort to evaluate those who are close enough to a new level and have them wait until after the tournament is over, but I think the extra effort is worth it compared to saying "damn, I wish I hadn't done his fights so he could get a headstart in his new rank" Wink
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 10:38

I accidentally entered SmudgeCat and IceHolly in the same tourney this morning.

Last time it happened, they met in the third round and SmudgeCat went on to win. This time they are on different sides of the tourney so I don't suppose I'll be so lucky today, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 13:18

As you get higher in rank, the tournies take longer to fill up. Understandably so with less brutes entering. But I no longer enter my high ranked brutes at low levels. Reason is that I don't want to give easy victories to the tournies that I know my brutes don't have a chance to win (yet). Worth sacrificing a possible point too. Makes others earn their rank and also slows them down, giving a better chance to catch up, especially since I don't pay.

Most my brutes don't get developed till around level 11-14. I don't have strong pet brutes. Not that I really want since can't rely on them down the road.

Some accounts have two strong brutes, with them being late developers, becomes really tempting to pay to help catch up.
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 13:36

Interesting Stsin. Have not thought about it that way before. I agree it isn't usually worth entering until level 10 unless you have really strong weapon or wolf.

My SmudgeCat is level 14, the level she won last time. Yesterday she was the losing finalist at level 13. Today, both lost in round 3.

I have one at level 18 into the 4th round where she meets a level 10 ninja! This is the ninja's third round fight. She has 81 life points. The opponent hits her with Bumps which knock out 79 points, but the ninja still won! WOW - now I'm scared.

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/23430103?chk=182a

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 17:11

Heh, that's another shining example of why Bumps suck.

I love my stars. My level 12 put the whoopin on a 19 in the last tourney.

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/21560884?chk=5553

Work great until I meet a thief or a brute with Impact.

Regarding the tourney, I have another theory. I have a bunch of accounts, some with strong brutes and some with weak. I haven't tried it yet, but I think tonight I'm going to enter one or two of my strongest brutes, and then immediately enter as many weak brutes from different accounts as I can. Hopefully this will dilute the field enough to give me an edge. My strongest brutes are still only at levels 11-14 (I'm a newbie, what can ya do?). They've pulled off some awesome upsets against much higher brutes, but eventually get bounced in the late rounds by the 19's and 20's. I'm hoping if I can enter like ten or eleven weaker brutes, perhaps the stronger ones will knock each other out and my strongest brute can ride the weaklings to victory.

Honestly, I'm not optimistic, and I'm probably just paving the road to an easy win for somebody else, but it's worth a try Cool .
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 09:32

I agree Peabody, Bumps must be the worst weapon.

Lucky for me the ninja didn't get to use the shuriken against my SeaHolly, and she went on to win the tourney. cheers

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/23451853?chk=f82c

-----

Good luck with your 'multi brute' tourney idea. I'd be interested to know how it works out. :)
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 20:06

I won my tourney! My strategy didn't work quite like I thought. I guess there were a lot of folks entering at the time, but it didn't matter.

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/24202678?chk=8f0e

Now I gotta try to remember which choices I made to get the same brute. Wink
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 20:46

I've always eventually won a tourney in level 14-15 at max by having a massive HP brute (220 @ level 15) combined with shield, and bomb to kill pets while securing a nice amount of damage.
I gave more importance to speed and strenght rather than agility, and then i had 2 fast weapons, the knife and the broadsword, that make the lower agility less important.
Boring stuff but kinda worked for me, until now that i got rid of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitimeWed 19 May 2010, 17:28

Interesting -- I am now adopting Stsin's strategy of not entering tourneys at low level. I've seen so many brutes levels 4-7 crowding the brackets in Richter Baffer that it really is making it easier to advance, and the brutes of 11+ level are always seriously tough. So, no more easy wins from me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   tournament/arena strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tournament/arena strategy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version-
Jump to: