HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Share | 

tournament/arena strategy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Wed 19 May 2010, 17:55

Teethymo wrote:
Interesting -- I am now adopting Stsin's strategy of not entering tourneys at low level. I've seen so many brutes levels 4-7 crowding the brackets in Richter Baffer that it really is making it easier to advance, and the brutes of 11+ level are always seriously tough. So, no more easy wins from me!

I think this strategy is a bit stupid. They wont get easy victories just because you (and stsin) dont enter your low levels. They are always gonna be high level rivals in tourneys.
It is always worth entering a tourney to hope for a lucky point no matter if your level is so low.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 15:23

The way I see it, it's a bit like that adage in poker. Look around the table and see if you can spot the sucker. If you can't, the sucker is you!

So, in the higher levels, you're not going to win any fights at all if you enter as a level 6 or lower. In padawan and db, you might get a good upset or two with a low-level brute, but up at richter and poing you're not going to get crap. You might win as a level 4 if you happen to roll the dice and get matched against another 4 or weak 5, but the odds are small.

So if you're low level, you're the sucker for all those brute 10+ who will get an easy win off you. You make it easier for them to advance, and you fill up the tourneys so that more of them can be run per day, and so that makes the brutes who are ahead of you in levels and ranks get that much farther ahead.

That said, in the lower and mid ranks there are always plenty of fools willing to jump into the tourney at too low a level and the tourneys will be played, so keeping yourself out doesn't really help much. Poing is just about at that point now, but Flamme ranks still have to wait a significant time to play their tourneys, perhaps a day or two. So if you're up at those levels -- or at Soul for goodness' sake -- stay out unless you have a chance to win a few fights! Otherwise you're just helping the other brutes get farther ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 15:28

There are about 430 Poings, so if all of them enter the tourney every day, that makes about 6 tourneys every day. I doubt very much that that many Poing tourneys are being run every day. It currently takes several hours for a Poing tournament to fill up, that means only 2-4 a day are actually being played, which means the list of Flammes are growing at exactly that rate. On the other hand, only 2 tourneys have been played at the Flamme level, EVER. That means unless you're a mid-level Flamme, it's not in your interests for those tourneys to be played, so slow them down by keeping your low-level brutes out of the Poing tourneys.

On the other hand, if you've got a Flamme brute as well as some Poings, you probably want to enter your Poings as often as you can so that your Flamme can fight sooner!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 18:59

Trust me. No strategy. You're only hurting yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 19:40

Sorry, you're wrong. But it is, frankly, a very small return either way. Your chance of winning a single round of a tourney as a level 6 or lower is exceedingly small but real -- I saw it happen in today's Poing tourney where a level 5 beat a level 6 and got an experience point before getting blown out in the next round. On the other hand, withholding your weak brute will only deprive the strong brutes for as long as it takes for another weak brute to replace you -- say, an hour. Depends on how you feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Wed 02 Jun 2010, 21:51

They'll find someone else to beat. If they're already strong, they're going to win anyway.

Use.Your.Head.

You're not hurting anyone by not entering except yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 14:24

They can't advance if they can't play. They can't play if there aren't enough brutes to fill a bracket. They can't fill a bracket if the field is small enough and you don't enter. If you're a Flamme, don't enter the tourney until you can compete in it.

Poing and below, I agree with you. Flamme and higher, Use. Your. Head. Don't just click that button because it's there and you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 19:48

One person is not going to make the difference whether or not they can join a tourney. You don't seem to get it. Even if that one person did mean they couldn't join a tourney, so what? If they're already higher than you anyway you're not gonna win a tourney before them.

ITS NOT COMPLICATED!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 20:03

w/e if you don't get it by now it's no use trying to explain, just do whatever's fun for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Thu 03 Jun 2010, 22:19

IQ fail
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Fri 04 Jun 2010, 13:21

Are you actually insulting me? Wow. I refuse to engage in a geek slap-fight on a bulletin board dedicated to a free flash game of cartoon fighting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Fri 04 Jun 2010, 13:35

Teethymo wrote:
Are you actually insulting me? Wow. I refuse to engage in a geek slap-fight on a bulletin board dedicated to a free flash game of cartoon fighting.

lol, guys, i am not sure but i have a feeling that someone is trying to rule the world of muxxu and the other one is trying to prevent him fromthat Twisted Evil

i dont know which one is right here but after i thought about it for some time , i gess the strategy of Teethymo somehow make sence, but only if you care about reaching BL before every one else, and this is somehow not what me or mantis care that much about scratch
but i realy have no idea what is going on in the tournies in vengful Flame so i am gonna pass, and will give a non-pointless Opinion when i will reach there.
in the mean while no need for arguing... Wink

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Fri 04 Jun 2010, 15:30

Sorry but mantis is right and statistics are on his side. The fastest way for you to improve your brute is to take as many opportunities to get even one more exp point as you can. Who is 'ahead' of you doesn't matter. If you don't go for all possible exp points they will stay ahead of you anyways. And by the way you can't avoid being dragged into an argument you are already like 6 posts deep into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Fri 04 Jun 2010, 18:32

grizzlism wrote:
Sorry but mantis is right and statistics are on his side. The fastest way for you to improve your brute is to take as many opportunities to get even one more exp point as you can. Who is 'ahead' of you doesn't matter. If you don't go for all possible exp points they will stay ahead of you anyways. And by the way you can't avoid being dragged into an argument you are already like 6 posts deep into.

Wow, this guy only has 8 posts and he's already the second smartest person here. :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tournament/arena strategy   Today at 00:46

Back to top Go down

tournament/arena strategy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2