My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Train My Brute!

Go down 
+3
HongKongFui
puppywhirl
Peabody Ticklepants
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Peabody Ticklepants

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 15:25

I've got the start of what appears to be a decent Brute going. He's a level 7 Padawan, 95hp, 7str, 6agi 1spd, with Herculean Force, Armour, and Peau. His only weapon is the flail.

[img]Train My Brute! Screen10[/img]

Here be the rub...

I have the option of either giving him a sai for level 8, or boosting his agility +3. I dig the Sai (multi-attacks, and almost always disarms), but he's been SLAYING people with the flail and I'm not sure I trust him to use the Sai only when appropriate.
Also higher agility means dodges and, from what I've seen, increases the chance of a double or triple hit on each attack. And if I get a shield at some point, I believe it might also affects how often he would block (I could be wrong). On the other hand the only fights he's lost have been when an opponent has successfully disarmed him, so a backup weapon would be really helpful and I could do a lot worse than the sai, especially if I get more strength modifiers.

So I put it to the experts. What say you?

Also, I'm a relative newcomer to this game (and brand new to the forum), though I played the original mybrute a while back. I haven't won a tourney yet so I don't know exactly what to expect there. I gather my brute goes back to level 0 with the option of keeping his path or getting a new one. Does this mean that he has to make the same choices each level, or can I choose the sai next time, if I choose agi this time?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but my choices next level will be different if I choose the sai than if I shoose the agi, right? The choices aren't pre-determined at conception, as I had previously thought. I'm not sure how this would've changed the way I handled my other brutes (going very skill-heavy) but it would've made me think about it a little more.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

-P. Ticklepants.
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 15:57

Sai, atleast to me, is easily one of the best weapons out there.
Having only one weapon and facing an vandalisme/thief/choc/etc brute, your
done for more or less.

And you're right about sai almost always disarming, and since it often multi hits
you're almost always going to disarm whatever the opponent is holding.

Edit: I'm not sure about the increased attacks/blocks from agility, but I'd say that's completely
false.

And about the winning a tourney ending up back at 1, you get the exact same choices as last time if
you pick "meme" destiny I think it is, so if you take the same choices each lvl you'll end up where you
are now.

Peabody Ticklepants wrote:
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but my choices next level will be different if I choose the sai than if I shoose the agi, right?

Correct.
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 16:18

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Yeah, the agi/blocking/multi-hit ability connection is pure conjecture, but I did seem to notice a correlation between brute's proficiency with his shield and his agility level. Ditto for multi-hits, though I know the weapon plays a much more prominent role. I mean, it's all just probabilities anyway, so maybe agility just nudges it slightly more in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 17:02

Also, when you win a tourney and go back to 1, does it indicate what your previous choices were? For instance, if I have a brute I really like and want to keep him the exact same way, how do I know which choices brought him to that point? The obvious ones are... well.. obvious, but I don't think I'll be able to remember all the stat mods, like the choices between +3 agi and +2 str/+1 endurance, for example. If each choice brings about a new set of choices, then if I pick the wrong one, I won't get the path that brought me things like panthers, armour, and the like. Right?

I should really be working right now...
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 17:29

welcome aboard :)
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 17:56

Also, when you win a tourney and go back to 1, does it indicate what your previous choices were? For instance, if I have a brute I really like and want to keep him the exact same way, how do I know which choices brought him to that point? The obvious ones are... well.. obvious, but I don't think I'll be able to remember all the stat mods, like the choices between +3 agi and +2 str/+1 endurance, for example. If each choice brings about a new set of choices, then if I pick the wrong one, I won't get the path that brought me things like panthers, armour, and the like. Right?

I should really be working right now...

You'll have to write down your choices somewhere, and yes if you pick something else before you get your armour, chances are _VERY_ low that you'll get it again. The good part of all this is, say you have your lvl 7 now, and he won't be getting anything good at lets say, 8-15, you can try different paths inbetween the next time you win a tourney.
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 19:29

Well, crap. My best brutes are at levels 10-14 and I have little to no idea in what order I selected their skills. Best I can do at this point is record what they have and keep track from here on out. They should add a feature where you can track your level ups to see your progress. It would be fun anyway, but especially now that you actually need this information for future choices.

HongKongFui wrote:
welcome aboard :)

Thanks. Good to be here! :)

ETA: Where do you guys get those cool li'l banner pictures with your brutes?
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 20:52

Yep, what they all said. If you can't remember your path for your top brutes, just write down what they have now or take a screenshot of their cellule, and do your best to figure out what stat bonuses you selected. It's usually not too hard to recreate a path from memory.
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 22:45

Teethymo wrote:
Yep, what they all said. If you can't remember your path for your top brutes, just write down what they have now or take a screenshot of their cellule, and do your best to figure out what stat bonuses you selected. It's usually not too hard to recreate a path from memory.

Yeah it's not too hard, most choices are often so obvious (like say you get bumps or +3 hp choices, which you never want)
And even if you forget and try to take the same, you may end up with a better brute. Happend to me
once, traded cry of the damned for armour and extra thick skin Wink
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010, 23:20

Yeah, I think in most cases I'll be ok, but I know there were a few where the choice wasn't so easy. Plus I have an absurd amount of brutes. I'm planning to delete the less fortunate, but it makes thing much harder to remember. For now I'll take screen shots and try to piece things together from the barren and frightening depths of my fading memory.

And fwiw, there are times where I DO take the +3 endurance. It ends up adding much more than 3hp. Usually I get somewhere between ten, for normal brutes, upwards of 30 for those with vitality. Maybe I'm just lucky Wink.
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 13:43

Yeah, I think in most cases I'll be ok, but I know there were a few where the choice wasn't so easy. Plus I have an absurd amount of brutes. I'm planning to delete the less fortunate, but it makes thing much harder to remember. For now I'll take screen shots and try to piece things together from the barren and frightening depths of my fading memory.

And fwiw, there are times where I DO take the +3 endurance. It ends up adding much more than 3hp. Usually I get somewhere between ten, for normal brutes, upwards of 30 for those with vitality. Maybe I'm just lucky Wink.

I also take +3 hp sometimes, I was just giving you examples. Most of the time, for me atleast, there's really only one
"good" option, so I have no trouble finding back even if I didn't write it down.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 15:56

+3 hp is much better than many other things (like the bumps, cuisiner, sabotage and and and...)
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 14 May 2010, 16:00

I always choose +3 Stamina... for my immortal brute. :p
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 14:49

Finally won my first tourney (cue confetti and cheesy inspirational music). Level 15, which seems to be a bit high for what I thought was a decent brute. Still, I'm keeping the same destiny. Far as I can tell, there is no particular advantage to picking a new destiny. Even if your brute is a spineless pansy, picking a new skill on the first level would bring you down a whole different path, right?

And so far, you're right. Remembering the choices have been easy. I forgot he got a panther on his first level, which was the main upgrade I was worried about losing. Then Viatality on level 2. As for the rest... meh.

I'm more concerned about my other Panther brute, who also got lucky enough to snag a thick skin and coat of armour. I got those somewhere in the middle, so I gotta pray my memory holds out enough to at least get me that far before I make a wrong choice. He's due to win a tourney any day now (got ROBBED last time...).

mantis33 wrote:
I always choose +3 Stamina... for my immortal brute. :p

Damn, so you're sitting on like 600 HP Wink. I had an Immortal on Mybrute. He also had armor, vitality, and a shield... with a strength of 1. I could read entire novels in the time it took him to finish fights. Eventually I quit watching, since the fights are pre-determined.
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeSat 29 May 2010, 14:37

oh i would like to comment on high agility. I have a brute in this version with 33 agility, and I guarantee you that it effects dodge and multi hit. As her agility got higher, particularly above 25, there was a marked increase in how much she dodges. I don't think she will be possible to hit if she ever gets untouchable on top of this: she already dodges 70-80% of attacks. There is also an increase in the number of times she will attack 2-4 times in a row while punching or using the sword (and she does not have the tornado of blows skill)

I am under the impression that it does not effect blocking with a shield as much as high speed actually seems to.

The sai was a good weapon on the old version, and it is even better in this version. A must have.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 02:13

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img193/7933/mantis357options.png

Force or lance?
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 02:58

As much as I like strength I'm going to say lance. It's just an awesome weapon in muxxu.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 03:02

It is... but I was undecided because he has herc strength and he already has a longsword. It is his only weapon though. Idk... if he didn't have herc strength it'd be an easy decision.
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 03:09

The thing is I'm sure you'll be offered strength again and to pass up a decent weapon when you only have 1 which can be dodged easily. Idk Herc strength would put you to 13 I'm pretty sure. I think with tornado and pugance the lance would suit you better.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitimeFri 02 Jul 2010, 04:13

force would put me to 14. I guess I'll go with lance though. It's one of the best weapons in muxxu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Train My Brute! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Train My Brute!   Train My Brute! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Train My Brute!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version-
Jump to: