My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.

Go down 
+3
Stsin
maxuris
Peabody Ticklepants
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Peabody Ticklepants

Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Empty
PostSubject: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 17:31

I think they've improved it, but it was so pathetically worthless in the original that can't bring myself to select it when given the option. I know in combination with a shield and counter it can be absolutely devastating, but I think you can substitue most any weapon in that combo with an equally gratifying result. However, I do fear that my aversion to it is preventing me from getting counter/shields in future levels. So I put it to the masses. Is the Glaive worth having?
Back to top Go down
maxuris
maxuris

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 17:41

Its a 'needed' weapong for the low lvls imo ... In higher than 10 lvl given that the brute has some decent weapons i wouldnt go for it ...
Back to top Go down
Peabody Ticklepants

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 19:32

Maybe, but in my experience with the original, simply owning it made the brute less effective in higher levels. If I take it at a low level and then get a few better weapons later, having the sword would just be an impediment. I've lost more than a few fights because my brute decided the sword would be a better choice than say, the whip or the flail.

But it does seem to be improved a little (though still IMO a very weak weapon). The only reason I would take it is if it lead down the path to a shield and counter skill which is one of the more deadly combinations in the game. Anyone know if it is more likely to get that combo if I pick up a sword earlier?
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeSat 15 May 2010, 19:49

I doubt having the sword or any other weapon improves chance for a shield and contre. But I really like the sword with a shield. So I choose it hoping for a shield and contre combo. It's damage improves with Master of Arms, as we now know that it's not many weapons that do.

The sword has a low to hit rate; but it helps well with sixth sense, contre, and pugnacious. A good all around weapon and think it's better than many others. Atleast it's one of the better common weapons.
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2010, 17:02

Stsin wrote:
I doubt having the sword or any other weapon improves chance for a shield and contre. But I really like the sword with a shield. So I choose it hoping for a shield and contre combo. It's damage improves with Master of Arms, as we now know that it's not many weapons that do.

The sword has a low to hit rate; but it helps well with sixth sense, contre, and pugnacious. A good all around weapon and think it's better than many others. Atleast it's one of the better common weapons.

From what I've seen, glaive has a decent blockrate of its own. I always take it
with my contre brutes atleast.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 13:27

It definitely has a decent block rate of its own, as does the scimitar. Therefore it's a good weapon for contre and good for shield, and especially good with both. It also gets a good boost with master of arms and in rare instances you can hit twice with it, with high agility.

No, it's not a good weapon, but it depends on what else your brute has. If your brute is essentially defensive, this is a good addition. If your brute is based on inflicting lots of damage, then skip it. Problem is, it usually shows up at level 2-3 before you really know what sort of brute you're going to be.
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeMon 17 May 2010, 14:05

not only Master of arms, but also Material Arts. of course MA has effect on your Strength but if you have both M-Of-Armes and M-Arts the Glaive is as deadly as (Mornig star + Strong Arm)
and Shield will complete the its maximum Power which you can get from Glaive

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/24178523?chk=9559
Back to top Go down
aimless628

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb 2011, 09:26

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/143389159?chk=5528

nuff said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.   Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Convince me the broadsword (Glaive) is a decent weapon.
Page 1 of 1