My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Dog A or +3 Agility?

Go down 
+6
xiao
mantis33
rayS
LEMO
davidloko210
Markus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus

Dog A or +3 Agility? Empty
PostSubject: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 08:35

Dog A or +3 Agility? 1zflwd2

Dog A will take away 10 HP, compared to gaining 1 or 2 HP if I choose the agility upgrade. His HP is already shitty for his level, and I'd say that low HP and low strength/force are the two biggest reasons he's been getting owned in tournaments as of late.

However, a pet can be worth much more than 10 HP. I can't even count the number of times when a pet took what would otherwise have been a fatal blow. I can't count the number of times Trappeur saved my ass, and adding one dog to the party = potential 90% HP recovery (50% bear + 20% per dog) Dog A will also reduce the odds of the bear getting netted from 1/2 to 1/3.

As I understand, Agility, like Speed, is a relative stat, meaning that your stat is compared against your opponent's stat. If your speed is higher than your opponent's, you get to attack faster and earlier, whether it's 5 vs. 3 or 10005 vs. 10003. I mean, 2 Agility is crappy, but 5 Agility is also crappy. I don't think he'll gain that much of a competitive advantage with it.

So what should I do? :?:
Back to top Go down
davidloko210
davidloko210

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 08:54

3+ agility i think only for the bear
Back to top Go down
LEMO
LEMO

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 08:58

Dog it's nothing,+ 3 agility it's a much better choice.
Back to top Go down
rayS
rayS

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 09:34

yeah 3 agility
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 17:31

I'd go with dog. You don't have feline and you have trappeur. Also the dog will be one more target to save your bear from the opponent's net.
Back to top Go down
xiao
xiao

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 17:33

The dog, makes a nice meatshield lol!
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSat 03 Jul 2010, 18:30

I write such a thoughtful analysis and you guys just repeat points I brought up.

Picked the Dog A, for these three reasons (in no particular order):
1) Trappeur
2) Meatshield for potentially fatal blows
3) Reduces chance of the Bear being netted from 1/2 to 1/3

Thank goodness Hypnosis seems to be very rare on Muxxu. I've only encountered one opponent with it so far, compared to hundreds with nets.

I don't know why we're penalized 10-12 HP for Dog A but not for Dog B or Dog C. :?:
Back to top Go down
BeRyLa
BeRyLa

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeSun 04 Jul 2010, 14:55

Dog A because have TRAPPEUR, eat dog .
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 18:37

Wow, I like a man who keeps good records. Yes, it's insane that you weren't penalized for Dog B! Is Dog B always free, and Dog A always penalized, or is it something like your second animal isn't penalized, or you can't be penalized if you're already under 60?
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeWed 07 Jul 2010, 22:42

Your netting actually goes from 100% to 50% I believe, at least on Muxxu. I'm pretty sure if you have animals out there, your opponent has to net them instead of you. I might be wrong though so if I am, someone show me a fight.
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 04:40

Teethymo wrote:
Wow, I like a man who keeps good records. Yes, it's insane that you weren't penalized for Dog B! Is Dog B always free, and Dog A always penalized, or is it something like your second animal isn't penalized, or you can't be penalized if you're already under 60?
Yup, I keep detailed records for all of my top brutes to ensure that I don't mess up. :)

I have good reason to believe that Dog A is always penalised regardless of your HP or number of pets. One of my other brutes, 100mk1, went from 69 HP to 59 HP upon choosing Dog A from LV 6 to LV 7. He has no other pets.

mantis33 wrote:
Your netting actually goes from 100% to 50% I believe, at least on Muxxu. I'm pretty sure if you have animals out there, your opponent has to net them instead of you. I might be wrong though so if I am, someone show me a fight.
I was referring to the odds that my bear would be netted by my opponent. The bear has the most HP of any pet and is the strongest attacker, so it's good for him to last as long as possible on the battlefield. :)

Assuming that all pets have EQUAL odds of being netted (a big if, but so far I haven't found any evidence to the contrary), it'd be 1/2 = 50% with two pets and 1/3 with 3 pets.

Anyway, cbarron11 has been an Iron Fist for three days now. :) He won his second Thumper tournament as a LV18 brute, after falling to a LV14 Hypnotist the first time. I'm hoping I won't need to level all the way to 18 this time around.
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeThu 08 Jul 2010, 14:13

yep take dog A
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 03:01

What mantis33 said is right, the opponent will never net you if you have a pet alive, so the change of the bear getting netted goes from 100% to 50%
This goes for both Muxxu and Mybrute 1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Markus

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitimeFri 09 Jul 2010, 08:32

NixxxoN wrote:
What mantis33 said is right, the opponent will never net you if you have a pet alive, so the change of the bear getting netted goes from 100% to 50%
This goes for both Muxxu and Mybrute 1.
This is absurdly simple:

Before:
cbarron11Dog BBear
01/21/2

After choosing Dog A:
cbarron11Dog ADog BBear
01/31/31/3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog A or +3 Agility?   Dog A or +3 Agility? Icon_minitime