My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Tournament Structure

Go down 
+2
Rico
The Dice Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

Tournament Structure Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 07:22

Tournament Structure:

Tournament Structure 16teamsinglebracket

- Single Elimination format: Usually 16 Participants with random seeding. Sometimes a field of 32 or 8 may apply
- There will typically be 4 rounds (3 if an 8 player field, 5 if we 32 players)
- Each round is most often decided by the best 4 out of 7 fights (sometimes 9 fights or more per round might be applicable)
- The fight level will be randomly generated, typically between 20-1000
- Sign-ups will be announced at least 2 days prior to the tournament start

Seeds: Randomly generated (1-9999999) numbers (typically from RANDOM.ORG)

Rules:
- Any pass-worded brute can participate (elbrute, labrute and de brutes included) as long as it is owned by the participant
- Entries will only be accepted by brute name together with the brute's unique ID (E.g. http://fear-god.meinbrutalo.de/cellule 255380)
- No two brutes will have the same ID (i.e. no clones)
- Matches must be posted or confirmed by all participants, particularly the winner. If your opponent posts the fights before you, you still have to confirm that the fights and match result are correct. Failure to do so by the end of each round will most often result in a DQ. The exact deadline for each round will be decided by the Tournament Director and posted in the tourney threads

Prizes:
We should enter these T's just for the fun of them Very Happy However, winners will be recognised here

Fights:
If you wish to enter these tournaments then you must be prepared to do your fights off-line if necessary. Sioc has also made this easy for us with his off-line tool. If BE occurs in any of the servers, fights will still continue to T schedule using one of the off-line tools

Last edited by The Dice Man on Sat 05 May 2012, 05:52; edited 21 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 09:47

i think all rules are perfectly well set. here is some open questions and suggestions:

- Single Elimination
it would be also fair if also the Single Eliminations for the 16 Entries are decided randumly as the numbers from 1 to 16. i am not sure how it was done in the past. but 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 is not fair.

Best 4 out of 7 matches
only in the final it would be much better with 6 out of 11 matches

- Randomly generated level between 20-1000 twice a week
the max lvl 1000 is simply too much. i think 500 is enough here scratch the luck factor rise clearly in higher lvls
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 10:43

ricotamanora wrote:
i think all rules are perfectly well set. here is some open questions and suggestions:

- Single Elimination
it would be also fair if also the Single Eliminations for the 16 Entries are decided randumly as the numbers from 1 to 16. i am not sure how it was done in the past. but 1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4 is not fair.

Best 4 out of 7 matches
only in the final it would be much better with 6 out of 11 matches

- Randomly generated level between 20-1000 twice a week
the max lvl 1000 is simply too much. i think 500 is enough here scratch the luck factor rise clearly in higher lvls

Thanks rico Cool

Participants would be randomly assigned a number from 1 to 16 at the start of the T. That is always what I had in mind, but I'll write that in the rules tomorrow.

Finals can be 6 out of 11, I'm ok with that idea too.

Let's see what others think: 500 or 1000 for the upper limit? Maybe 600?

Back to top Go down
Rippraff
Rippraff

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeMon 09 Aug 2010, 12:33

The Dice Man wrote:
Let's see what others think: 500 or 1000 for the upper limit?
1000 :)
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 11:01

Any other comments from anyone :?:

If everyone is reasonably happy to give Biweekly T's a try as I have described I will do my best to run them. Perhaps Pege and I can share the load and do one each every week Wink

It would be great to get some regular fights going again :!:

(I don't think I can make my header post a sticky, can you do this for me please Bob?)
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:44

Max lvl around 750 would be great!
As for the rest i totally agree with the rules Wink
Good Work Dice!!
Back to top Go down
Subman(R)
admin
admin
Subman(R)

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:45

Need to do allot of handmade only tourny. Some of us have extensive DB's to choose from. With BC crippled most will have only handmades to choose from.
Back to top Go down
http://submans.shutterfly.com/
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:57

Subman(R) wrote:
Need to do allot of handmade only tourny. Some of us have extensive DB's to choose from. With BC crippled most will have only handmades to choose from.
yes and i cant wait for the Equal-chance tours where all have to choose 1 brute out of 20 new handmade brutes Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 15:27

ricotamanora wrote:
Subman(R) wrote:
yes and i cant wait for the Equal-chance tours where all have to choose 1 brute out of 20 new handmade brutes Twisted Evil

my only tour win :)
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010, 22:15

Nice to see you are keen sevid and s4, but this is only the "sticky" on how the T's will be run. You need to wait for me to come up with a theme and level first in an actual T. ie This isn't a T sign-up thread Razz (Note: I tidied up the thread so sevid's and s4's entries have now gone)

@Sub: Hand-made only T's will still be done, no problem

@rico and xteen: glad you liked the Equal Chance T, I'll do more of those for sure.

Last edited by The Dice Man on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 21:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitimeSat 05 May 2012, 05:31

Updated the rules (slightly).

These tournaments are no longer "daily", but the structure remains similar Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Structure   Tournament Structure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournament Structure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: Fights :: Tournament & League :: Mybrute Daily Tournaments-
Jump to: