My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies

Go down 
+7
steele11
HongKongFui
Rico
Markus
mantis33
grizzlism
bamb@m
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bamb@m
bamb@m

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Empty
PostSubject: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 00:14

ok, I'm having an internal debate about this, and I'd like some input from others as well. I know some of you have seen those who choose not to do tournaments, and are now lvl 50+ in padawan or whatever. I also know that some people think they do it only so they can brag about being the top brutes in their ranking.

but, what if some of them are doing it on purpose to help them map out their destinies, since there is no future predictor and too many possible futures even in one destiny without choosing "new destiny"? assuming you start with a padawan, you have 11 times to change your brute's setup, for all possible tournies to win, also assuming nothing is beyond BL and you can no longer change your destiny.

for those like me who obviously will never be able to be one of the first to BL, I think it makes more sense to slow down on ranking up and focus on finding the best path for your brute, beyond the normal range of levels seen in a tournament since you will eventually be forced there after making BL.

of course, if you do it once and find they're good all the way to a higher level, you won't be that far behind. for those that have brutes that need improvement (I have a few and have been modifying them as they rank up), it might take more than one time to a higher level to figure out which path is right.

what do you guys think about this?
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 01:26

if they think there is a sensible strategy to it, they are wasting their time
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 01:41

yup, it's dumb
Back to top Go down
Markus

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 01:44

The most effective way to figure out your "best" path is to compete in tournaments and rank up.
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 04:42

i thought about it at the beginning of the game to lvl up one single account to a high lvl in muxxu just for fun , but after lvl24 i accidently registered both of them in a tour and they won it. so i gave up the idea once and for all...
and if i think about it right now it is absolutly Pointless to lvl up before BL. i just cant find any reason that levling up in the same rank is helpfull at all. moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Smilie_denk_22
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 08:12

I don't think so... when you stick to a good low level destiny in which you rule until level 20 that doesn't mean you still rule @level 80...

it's another strategy with another aim, but it's not dumb... they (perhaps) wanna see their brutes when they are nearly ready... muxxu is different from mybrute, but I'm sure one thing is the same: you have to grow to at least level 80 to see if you're really good...
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 11:35

and? if you level up to lvl 80 in padawan it will be 10 years before you get to BL. it takes forever, plus every rank between will be way harder to win because of more better brutes in existence.
PLUS you can't change your destiny ever, to improve it at any point, without sacrificing the whole path. It might make sense to lvl up to lvl 80 at Dentist of Chaos - to have one last chance with your optimized path before BL to see if something over lvl 20 needs a change.

unnecessary lvling up to 30+ in padawan/db is straight up dumb, sorry
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 13:37

ok, I see some good points here, but here are a few things I want to emphasize for those who think reaching BL would take forever this way:

1) if you're still stuck at padawan when BL is close to being attained already, no need to rush anymore, because everyone else is already getting higher in levels in their own ranks as well.

2) if you find out after your first try to go to a higher level that your destiny may suck at first but becomes awesome (or is awesome from the beginning), then you no longer have to go to a high level in each rank, just keep competing as usual.

3) if, however, you find your destiny truly sucks all the way, try a new destiny and start over. otherwise, it truly would take forever to reach it as you would keep losing all your tournaments anyway.

4) if it only sucks after a certain level, get a new rank and change it at that level.

5) the sooner you find the best path, the less times you need to go to a higher level in each rank.

6) if you don't try to find a path that ensures you have a good brute at higher levels, assuming once you reach Bl you can no longer change your path, you will complain "gee, I wish I had tried checking to see how my brute would be at higher levels before getting stuck with it like this"

based on those facts and speculation, everyone still feel the same as before about checking the brute's future beyond the typical tournament levels?
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 14:05

bambam your logic makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 15:27

because you say that? for me it makes sense...

but I respect your way of playing either as I also try to become BL as soon as possible... but when you say that ppl who try it otherwise are stupid I have to tell it's you who is stupid.. not the ppl who just like it otherwise. so we finally know who the dumbasses here are, fine Razz (not that that's new to me)
Back to top Go down
mantis33

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 15:36

Learn to speak the English language before you call others stupid. His logic makes no sense. I would expect someone of your brain capacity to think it does, however.

Are all foreigners really this dumb or is there just a language barrier that makes them seem that way?
Back to top Go down
steele11
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
steele11

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 16:02

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies 1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_be
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 16:13

yet another hot discussion between Mantis and some one who does not know Mantis lol!

Plz guys cool down. i noticed it long time ago about Mantis that he is allways honest and allways says or writes what he thinks , which i find it great thing because the idea in this forum is to say and hear other Opinions about the Game. and this is what he does most of the Time.

so no need to be offensive...

back to topic: muxxu is all about our expectation and prespective of the game. many like me and maybe Mantis and more have allready divided the relation between Mybrute and muxxu because our Only goal right now (without considering the fact that i am no longer playing) is to reach BL as fast as Possible and on the way up there to "Try" to find the best Destiny "Path" of our brutes but not as a Priority Nr 1 to do anything to find that Perfect Path. because of the fact that once we have reached at least Iron Fist with a brute , then there is no way on hell we will change his Destiny. we only try to find a better path with the Number of Ranks which we have left till BL. but on the way there we will do everything that fits to speed up getting new Rank.
i hope many of you think like this in muxxu because this might be the best Strategy to have the fun we never got in Mybrute
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 16:34

sure mantis, keep on insulting Razz never expected anything else. I was stupid enough to follow that level, will never happen again (although I've got some nice ones)
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:03

read #6 first because that is the most important point, which backs up all the others.

bamb@m wrote:
ok, I see some good points here, but here are a few things I want to emphasize for those who think reaching BL would take forever this way:

1) if you're still stuck at padawan when BL is close to being attained already, no need to rush anymore, because everyone else is already getting higher in levels in their own ranks as well.
If you're stuck at padawan when people are in BL already, you will never make it to BL. It will literally take years of playing. Haven't you noticed that 3 months ago, the best brutes could win DB tournaments at lvl 13 regularly? Now the same brute is lucky to win at lvl 17, because the competition has gotten worse with more brutes in the game. The difference between lvl 13 and 17 is like 2 weeks of playing. In a few months from now you will have to get to lvl 25 or lvl 30 (it takes a month or more to get to lvl 20+) to win DB tournaments. Then it will be harder to win TP, Iron fist, etc. It will take longer and longer to level up and win tournaments the older this game gets.

Quote :

2) if you find out after your first try to go to a higher level that your destiny may suck at first but becomes awesome (or is awesome from the beginning), then you no longer have to go to a high level in each rank, just keep competing as usual.
if your destiny is awesome from the beginning, and you leveled it up to lvl 80 padawan, you just set yourself 6-8 months behind everybody else who had a brute as awesome as yours and now you will have to stuggle through the harder ranks at a slower rate because you were left behind. Meanwhile the guy who didn't "know" his destiny after lvl 20 was just as good as yours, but who did the smart thing and passed all of the early tourneys when the competition was easy, he will be 100-200 levels ahead of you in BL when you finally get there. Good luck beating him. Because you can't cheat with exp from pupils, brutes who are ahead of you will always have the advantage.

Quote :

3) if, however, you find your destiny truly sucks all the way, try a new destiny and start over. otherwise, it truly would take forever to reach it as you would keep losing all your tournaments anyway.
you don't need to get to lvl 40+ to know if your destiny needs changing.

Quote :

4) if it only sucks after a certain level, get a new rank and change it at that level.
are you seriously suggesting leveling up to 40+ multiple times? I'll see you next century.

Quote :

5) the sooner you find the best path, the less times you need to go to a higher level in each rank.
This is the whole point of why the muxxu tournaments are stuctured to reward brutes that get the best skills the fastest. So what you are saying is that you actually want to play the game the way I've been arguing this whole time.

Quote :

6) if you don't try to find a path that ensures you have a good brute at higher levels, assuming once you reach Bl you can no longer change your path, you will complain "gee, I wish I had tried checking to see how my brute would be at higher levels before getting stuck with it like this"
If your brute has all of the basic building blocks of being good enough to rise to the rank of BL among the first 100 or so, isn't it completely fucking obvious that he has the skills that make a good brute at any level??? You do realize that a brute with the best skills and weapons at lvl 20 is not going to be different at level 80... he will just have huge stats and a few more side-skills and pets to back up the collection of the best skill combos that he started out with early.

Quote :

based on those facts and speculation, everyone still feel the same as before about checking the brute's future beyond the typical tournament levels?
do I even need to say more.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:19

Quote :
isn't it completely fucking obvious that he has the skills that make a good brute at any level???

only people who never really played mybrute can say that...
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:27

guess what HKF

in muxxu you have a huge degree of control over which stats you choose for levels. This means you can build whatever kind of brute you want stat-wise in later levels. There is much less luck involved, and that is why you are wrong on that point.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:31

you really think that's true?

I can't believe that one of the 2 choices each level will always be agility for example. but if you think so...
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:35

but hey you know what... if you can't listen to my gametheory, go ahead and prove me wrong with more than just idle chatter.

level up a brute in padawan or DB right now, keep him there and find his destiny. Put your money where your mouth is.

I will keep playing my way, and maybe in a year or two from now, if you ever manage to get that brute to BL, we can see who has the better BL. I'm already laughing because the answer is so obvious.

And if you refuse to play the game that way? Well then you already admitted that you know I'm right about it.
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:40

omg... I never said your theory is wrong and I already said that I also wanna level up as fast as possible. for other reasons, but yes I do so...

that was btw the first thing I stated in this topic when you and mantis started to insult people who have another opinion and the only thing I said was: I see their point too...

you should start to open your mind for other opinions and not start to insult when you can't understand other ways of thinking moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 18:57

Don't condescend to me with that rhetorical smoke screen.

The point of the thread was to figure out which way of playing muxxu was right (SMART!) VS. which was wrong (DUMB...). I clearly demonstrated which is which.

If you can't contribute to the argument get out of here.
Back to top Go down
pdsharpj
pdsharpj

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSat 21 Aug 2010, 20:04

first things first: Nice to have you back b@mmy, missed ya!!! 🐘

secondly: I personally am just running my brutes through to get to BL as fast as possible. The way I look at it my brute dosen't need to be the best...just better than the one he's fighting Very Happy

thirdly: this is a customizable game, I play the way I do because it makes me happy. I'm not as methodical to want the "perfect BL"

NO ONE IS WRONG NO ONE IS WRIGHT...play the game the way that makes you happy 🐘 🐘 🐘 elephants for everybody
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 01:43

thanks, pd, glad to be back. I've been wanting to get on for a while, but didn't because I couldn't be sure I'd have enough time to converse properly 🐘

and thanks all for your constructive criticism and input on my internal debate Very Happy

obviously, I don't know mantis much myself, but grizzlism gave better input because he said "it's stupid because", rather than just "it's stupid". explaining other points of view helps people understand why they are or aren't approaching things properly.

thanks to all the input given, I guess I'll just continue as I have been. obviously, for my RT-VF, everything will basically stay as-is, and for those lower, I'll continue tweaking their current path. my lowest ranking brute is DB and still hasn't changed destinies, only because he hasn't had much opportunity to show his alternate paths on his original destiny.

P.S. chuck lee just found a good path by changing everything after lvl 2 Wink
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 17:37

bamb@m wrote:
for those like me who obviously will never be able to be one of the first to BL, I think it makes more sense to slow down on ranking up and focus on finding the best path for your brute

I've done this with most of my brutes since padawan rank, to me the rank does not matter
the slightest. I had a great brute for the earlier ranks who won at 11/14 until Iron Fist, that's
when I started to overlevel after she won her tournament, and right now.. I'm extremely
happy with her current destiny (upto ~22, will have to change ways there next).

But the 50+ brutes in padawan, I somehow doubt they're searching for a great path
seeing that, well.. some of them aren't really that good at all.
Back to top Go down
puppywhirl
puppywhirl

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitimeSun 22 Aug 2010, 17:44

Rico wrote:
i thought about it at the beginning of the game to lvl up one single account to a high lvl in muxxu just for fun , but after lvl24 i accidently registered both of them in a tour and they won it.

Btw, you don't have to leave the tournament after winning, so you can join it
and get xp until you win :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next