My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies

Go down 
+7
steele11
HongKongFui
Rico
Markus
mantis33
grizzlism
bamb@m
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Teethymo
Teethymo

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 14:42

I think there's a lot of merit to puppywhirl's way of playing -- after all it doesn't take ages to gain a few levels after you win a tourney and if you're only baffe or poing by now you're not going to be hugely set back by it. There are a couple of brutes I have where I've made a tough choice and don't know exactly how well it turned out because I won the tourney soon after. You don't know how good a destiny choice is until you're 3-4 levels beyond it. I'm personally looking forward to PunchDrunk being able to reach Sabre well before it fills up, and being able to level him up to 20-25 or so just to see what's up there.

So really, that's the biggest hole in b@mbam's strategy -- if you really push hard with a great brute, you can get in the top rank AND advance to high levels to explore your destiny. Not because you withhold yourself from tourneys, but because there aren't any tourneys to run.
Back to top Go down
NixxxoN
NixxxoN

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 15:16

If you messup your path, you can get stuck in a rank forever.

After certain ranks, it seems that very very few brutes are weak, and most of battles are hard to win. And it seems that the higher the rank, the harder is to get victories.

I used to win all 10 fights almost everyday with my best brute, but now in Iron Fist I struggle to get 3-4 victories each day. moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nixxxon18
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 17:23

Precisely why puppywhirl's thing is such a great idea. If you've already won the tourney, you can go to the next rank literally any time you want and start your destiny over. As soon as you're satisfied that you've found out whether this path is a good one or not, you just click and it's done.
Back to top Go down
grizzlism

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 17:58

Teethymo wrote:
Precisely why puppywhirl's thing is such a great idea. If you've already won the tourney, you can go to the next rank literally any time you want and start your destiny over. As soon as you're satisfied that you've found out whether this path is a good one or not, you just click and it's done.

Bingo. It is a pretty ingenious manipulation of how the rank-up works. Been a few times where one of my brutes has won a tourney when just a battle or two from a level-up. It would never hurt to see what is next in cases like that. Wish I had thought of it myself.

Just when I was despairing that nobody on this forum ever wrote anything worth reading, puppy and teethy save it.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010, 20:54

And now I instantly regret not doing this with my ninja who just won Padawan at level 14, the one who I couldn't decide between choc and rapidite. Wouldn't this have been an easy way to get a couple more low levels and find out how the choc path worked out? But no, I got excited and clickety click... facepalm.
Back to top Go down
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 01:37

well lets be honest. there is only one thing that made me happy about muxxu and that was my brutes winning a tourney and beating a much higher lvl brutes on the way to the Final and what my brute would have gotten in higher lvl that i havn´t reached yet was much less interesting because we were also indirectly racing each other to the Top Rank. i gess Teethymo, Pdsharpj, xteen and Mantis and my self were taking it realy seriosly as a Race. and that has doubled the fun we were having.
If you get this Point and kind of like it , you wont think about another possible or better Destinies...
Back to top Go down
pdsharpj
pdsharpj

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 02:20

for the record... really miss ya rico Very Happy 🐘
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Aug 2010, 02:29

Rico wrote:
.... i gess Teethymo, Pdsharpj, xteen and Mantis and my self were taking it realy seriosly as a Race. and that has doubled the fun we were having.
If you get this Point and kind of like it , you wont think about another possible or better Destinies...

yes, I did like it, and it did increase the fun for me too. but, as I mentioned, since it's obvious I can no longer be one of the first, I figured it's time to change strategies and try to ensure my brutes are at least good enough to fend for themselves when they finally get there, and thankfully, I decided to ask before changing. thanks to the great tip from puppywhirl, I believe I will use that strategy in the future. I myself have a few good brutes that always win by the lowest lvls of the 20's (sometimes still as early as 17), and their last few levels are only stats w/no skills or weapons, and I always end up curious what's beyond, but continuously winning before seeing it could leave me stuck with less than the best path for those brutes later.
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Aug 2010, 14:35

ok, I mentioned in a previous post that chuck lee was trying a totally new path on his original destiny where everything after lvl 2 was chosen differently. he has succeeded in winning his tournament and will be my first experiment in leveling beyond winning before leaving the tournament Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies   moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

moving up in rank vs. mapping destinies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2