My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

PunchDrunk

Go down 
+12
S4nt0S
puppywhirl
Rico
NixxxoN
HongKongFui
Rippraff
xteenager
Tama
mantis33
grizzlism
Teethymo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Rico
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Rico

PunchDrunk - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 16:52

Agi helps, but there must be a balance between stats specialy Str and Agi which both are responsible for accuracy in certan % for each.

i am 70% sure now after watching my 4 untouchables that too much Agi is not very wise, but somtimes i take it anyway Razz

Back to top Go down
Noop

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 17:05

Ah ok, I see... but 4 untouchables? Surprised I thought the skill was extremely rare, how many tries did it take ypu?
Back to top Go down
xteenager
xteenager

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 18:52

Noop wrote:
Ah ok, I see... but 4 untouchables? Surprised I thought the skill was extremely rare, how many tries did it take ypu?

not so hard to find/buy , had 6 myself
Back to top Go down
http://xteenager.yolasite.com/
Noop

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Sep 2011, 18:58

I have 2 whip/agi brutes and would love untouchable... You're getting my hopes up! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 19:05

Another update on PunchDrunk. This path is pretty boring and I'm almost ready to take my ear and start over.

27 - [Chien A] vs. 3 Rapidite
28 - [3 Agilite] vs. 2 Force/1 Endurance
29 - [Os de Mammouth] vs. 3 Endurance
30 - [Glaive] vs. 3 Endurance
31 - [Lance] vs. 3 Rapidite
32 - [Glaive] vs. 3 Endurance
33 - [Glaive] vs. 3 Force

Then I'd retrace my steps up to level 28 where I would take the 3 Agilite and go from there. By level 34 in my Brutal Legend path, I had Contre, Vandalisme, and 49 Agilite. I'm ahead slightly in Force and quite a bit in Endurance, but really this is dull stuff. I'm looking for interesting new skills and I'm just not finding any skills at all.

So what could keep me on this path if it pops up next level? Increvable, Bouclier, 6th Sense, Implacable, Pugnace. I might think about it for Choc, Maitre, Marteau-pilon, Sang-chaud.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 03:54

Ho, wow, some great news. So last post I was complaining that I didn't have any interesting skills and I was going to reset once I saw what I got at 34. What I got was
Brute Feroce vs. [3 Endurance]

Not exactly thrilling. A brute like Punchy has to attack so many times that BF is not such a great skill. He doesn't have a huge weapon and he does have shuriken, so the BF is wasted fairly often. So I thought I'd reset, but then I realized my renforts brute was at level 13 and wouldn't be able to help Punchy over his tough spots around level 11-13 unless I leveled him up and got him to win a tourney. So I decided to give Punchy one more level while I advanced the renforts brute to get him closer to being ready. A week later, I hit level 35 and I get

Bouclier vs. [3 Force]

Suddenly, PunchDrunk has an extremely good block % and doesn't have to fear whips, knives, sais, etc. nearly as much anymore. His defense has just been increased dramatically. Now of course it would be nice if I could combine it with last path and get contre and vandalisme and tete-de-fer along with it, but if I had to pick one of those four it would absolutely be bouclier, probably the single most useful skill he could get at this point. And he could get those other three later. The only other skill I would put at the same level would be increvable.

So in short, I was one click away from resetting PunchDrunk to level 1 and slogging back up through 28 levels just to see what's there. Now suddenly I'm not resetting, I'm playing this.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 17:16

So, some little updates on my favorite punchy. Level 36 I got Filet vs. 3 Force and took the force to get from 22 up to 27. I considered the filet, and the fact that I already have cri-qui-poutre, meaning the two conflict a bit when there's pets. Filet is then more likely to grab the brute than a pet because the pet is less likely to be around. IMO this improves filet, so it was a tough call, but in the end I took force because it was a big boost in an important stat. Not sure it was the right call, because filet combos nicely with brute feroce and nullifies contre/pugnace for all hits during that attack.

Next, I got 6eme Sens, which is usually a minor skill but for PunchDrunk it's pretty big. I've noticed from other brutes that your chance of getting 6eme Sens attacks (and Pugnace as well) increases with Agilite. Also, PD has two very long weapons, whip and longsword, which already give him many such attacks. This also gives him some further defense when unarmed against pets and those nasty knives and sais that are so accurate. Finally, the best way to hit a contre brute is when they're attacking.

I had a nice fight with rush, he used to crush me but now it was much closer with my shield and 6eme.
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 17:23

nice
if punchy will get a new haircut it will be much better Wink
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 16:03

PunchDrunk got 3 Agilite vs. Endurance/Rapidite for level 38, took the agility because he hadn't had an agility boost since level 22. Now at 43 agilite.

Next level got Couteau vs. 3 Endurance, took the endurance. Snoresville, but he's still winning. Hoping for a big boost at level 40 which he should reach this week sometime.
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 16:50

a screen? :)
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 18:43

PunchDrunk - Page 11 Screen11

Here's a fight from earlier today:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/252924159?chk=9bc4
Back to top Go down
ckl
ckl

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 19:29

very nice Razz
I always loved punchy lol!

~I would like to fight with you, but I'm just lvl 34 now... Sad
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Feb 2012, 22:11

So what did PunchDrunk get for big level 40? 3 Endurance vs. Agilite/Rapidite. I took the agilite of course, and at level 41 it was Saboteur vs. 3 Rapidite, I took the stats again. Next level, 3 agilite for a current total of 51 and just this weekend he took 3 force for a total of 31.

These stat boosts are not huge, but they're actually really important as he's seeing everyone else's stats go through the roof. It means he can do this to a brute 10 levels above him:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/259932567?chk=72c4

It also means he can bash his way through a brute like the mighty immortal Chilette:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/259690978?chk=a0f6

But there are many he can't beat as well. In fact since making level 43 he's had a night with only 7 fights and another with only 4. Ow!
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 02:21

I have been having fun repeatedly fighting with cest-recta, a brute of Cavavec, who has a reputation of being a real jerk on the Muxxu forums. But I challenged him to fight me every day, thinking I'd embarrass him, and it turns out we're extremely well matched. He fights me every day and I fight him every day, here's a recent one:

http://labrute.muxxu.com/fight/264905918?chk=7406

As you can see from the comments, we're just trading off and I think it's 18 wins for me, 19 wins for him. It's turned out to be a real blast and I look forward to fighting him every day, even when I lose.

By the way, he's just tonight turned 45 and has had two more levels of Force, meaning he's up to 40 force and is getting really freaking strong all of a sudden. The competition is still fierce and he has trouble getting to 10 fights every day, but he is (I hope) building up to something big. Starting at level 38 his picks have been Agilite, Endurance, Agilite/Rapidite, Rapidite, Agilite, Force, Force, Force. Naturally they have all been big boosts except for the rapidite (and endurance is only a medium boost). Let's hope the next level brings some really nice skill.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2012, 20:25

Another few levels that have subtly changed the shape of PunchDrunk. Sad to say, cest-recta increased her agilite to the point where I just can't beat her anymore. For a long time we were evenly matched, and then she just started stomping me. Her agilite now is at 73, far above mine. She had three levels in a row of agilite while I had three in a row of Endurance. Not bad for me, but not great either. So at 48 I drew a big black line across my spreadsheet after level 50: something good or else he doesn't cross that line.

Level 49 was agilite, my best stat but not enough to cross the line. Level 50 came, and I got Survie. Not bad, a defensive skill that fits well with my old skool hyperagile build. I think it was Stsin who first said it was essential for an agility brute to have, and he was right; it has won me lots of fights. And as for crossing the line, I saw enough improvement to go on another level or two. I left it up to the next level to decide, and I got another agilite, putting me at 60.

Those of you who go back to the days of Grizzlism's stat-crunching prowess will recognize that the game likes the number 3 and it likes the number 6 even more. That is, tangible benefits come when your brute raises a stat to a multiple of 3. An agilite of 59 is nice, but an agilite of 60 is much more than a point better, and I saw a considerable boost when PunchDrunk hit 60 agilite. In short he is back to his old bouncy self, and while it hasn't helped him to beat cest-recta again, a few nice new brutes have risen up to his level and have given him some nice targets. So he's back to getting 8-10 fights in per day, most days, with enough bad days to keep it interesting.

And at level 52 he got Maitre d'Armes. A nice big boost to his epee damage, and you should see it when he hits with brute feroce!

So what's he looking for now? The same old stuff, really. Pugnace, contre, increvable, squelette, vitalite, sang-chaud.
Back to top Go down
Teethymo
Teethymo

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 15:37

The saga of PunchDrunk continues, and I continue to teeter on the brink of starting over with him. When last I complained about this, he was level 52 and had just got Maitre, which gave a nice pop to his epee, and just before that Survie, which gave him an emergency backstop. Nice skills but nothing really great. So then I got:

Level 53: [3 Rapidite] vs. Endurance/Rapidite
Level 54: [3 Rapidite] vs. Force/Agilite

These are pretty weak. They could be worse, like Massue vs. 3 Rapidite, but not much worse. The Force/Agilite level brought me up to 43/61 which are fairly competitive stats. But once again I had to stare into the possibility that it wasn't going to get any better and I should start over. So I set myself a very narrow trigger. I drew another black line across the spreadsheet at 55 and said there are only 8 things that would get me across that line. Sang-chaud, contre, pugnace, choc, vitalite, increvable, fleau, poireau. If nothing on that list turns up, I pull the ripcord.

Level 55: Increvable vs. [3 Endurance]

Whoa! That's a pretty major skill, and importantly, it's on the list. With PunchDrunk's current beefiness, his max damage with Increvable is 68. That leaves a remainder of 4 I think, and then Survie kicks in, so if you were to pound him with a flail repeatedly you'd have to hit him 7 times. Now, before we do too much cheering I'd like to point out that hits of more than 68 are actually pretty rare on Punchy to begin with. You have to hit him with something pretty big and/or Brute Feroce to get that much damage; of my current arena, only Diglett can punch for more than that and he never hits me anyway. By far, my toughest opponents are little girls with contre and couteau that hit me over and over and over for a little damage. But there's a couple with Marteau-pilon, several with Brute Feroce, and several with fleau that are not going to get lucky smashes in on me anymore. So it isn't quite the game changer it could be, but it's the best level up I've had since getting Bouclier at 34. That is really saying something.

By the way:

Level 56: Filet vs. [3 Agilite]

Filet is about as boring as skills get and I almost turned it down. But then I remembered that if you net a contre brute, they lose their contre attack for the entire attack run, not just the first hit, and since PunchDrunk gets 3-5 hits on most attack runs, that's a nice bonus.

Now the question is about the other 7 on the list. How long do I give it for them to show up? I am thinking level 60 is a good target.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PunchDrunk   PunchDrunk - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PunchDrunk
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: My Brute :: Muxxu Version :: Brutes Threads & Destiny Analysis-
Jump to: