Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel

Go down 
+3
jayeejee
edu1988
Sioc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel Empty
PostSubject: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan 2011, 18:47

For those of you who couldn't figure out how to set up Squirrel in order to import data to a Brutal Combo database, you may instead use SQLWorkbench which is a bit more user-friendly but slower as well (especially for big SQL inserts).

As a reminder, in order to install Squirrel you have to follow this procedure then in order to create the SQL inserts you may follow this procedure. In order to create DE SQL inserts, you may as well refer to this procedure (second spoiler). Please refer as well to the last link above for any question related to brutal combo (e.g. download links, FAQ, etc.) and to the Cheats & Script section and General Discussion section stickies (e.g. examples of SQL requests, etc.).

Procedure:
  1. Download this specific package of SQLWorkbench: http://ifile.it/jauzltf/SQLWorkbench.zip
  2. Extract the whole package (with directory structure) to your c: drive
  3. Copy the Brutal Combo database you want to edit (i.e. the "data" folder and its contents - there is one such folder in the archieve above) to c:
    Click here for more information:
  4. Launch SQLWorkbench (file "SQLWorkbench.exe"). If that's not the first time you run the program then just click on "OK" to be able to execute your SQL requests. Otherwise, first time you open it you will be prompted to configure the "Connection profile". Just fill your profile as for example in the spoiler below.
  5. Connect to the BC database by clicking on "OK", and now you can execute your SQL inserts.

EDIT:
Video tutorial (thanks to CrasZerP): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7crafErrc

Last edited by Sioc on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 19:12; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
edu1988
edu1988

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011, 03:14

Good job Sioc, as allways! cheers
Back to top Go down
jayeejee

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 14:31

BC keeps telling me I have "0 brutes in the database". I followed your directions religiously to the best of my comprehensions but I guess I must have done something wrong.

Here are my steps:
Copied empty BC 1.2 data folder to C:
Copied SQLWorkbench folder into C:/Program Files
Ran SQLWorkbench for the first time and configured it as instructed in your directions/spoilers
Copy & pasted SQL inserts generated by BC-Decrypter into SQLWorkbench
Executed the statement (pressed the small "Play Button" icon)
Waited for list to finish generating.
Once completed, closed the program.. copy and pasted the C:/data folder and overwrote the data folder in the BC1.3 folder.
Ran BC.. and it keeps telling me I have 0 brutes in the database when I click Statistics>Brutes by level

What did I do wrong during this process? In SQLWorkbench, does the URL have to match the Sample URL? Do I leave SQLWorkbench running while I load BC1.3? I feel this is the only step left preventing me from running BC. =/

Kudos,
Jay
Back to top Go down
Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 14:42

Try to remove the data folder in the BC1.3 folder first, the copy the data folder from BC1.2 to BC1.3 folder.

----------------
If you want to thank me: http://gunnard.se.mybrute.com :)
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Feb 2011, 21:56

If it still keeps telling you have 0 brutes it means you've most likely made a mistake when creating your SQL inserts.
Try to create only 1 SQL insert, e.g. if you start with
Code:
sioc-w8g1g;1;my_password
then the corresponding DE SQL insert should be
Code:
Insert into Brutes (Name,Level,Password) Values(X'dde64872cd5d4542e729662754',1,'my_password');
To check if it was correctly encoded, you can decrypt the name
Code:
dde64872cd5d4542e729662754
using the Decrypter which gives back:
Code:
sioc-w8g1g;DE
That way you know the encrypted name is correct. Then just run that single SQL insert in SQLWorkbench in a fresh BC 1.2.02 database (you can close SQLWorkbench after the SQL Insert was done), copy that database to a BC 1.3.00 version and check the brutes by level. You should now have 1 brute at level 1. If you still don't have this brute showing up from BC, it means that you either didn't import in an empty BC 1.2.02 database, or you did not use correctly SQLWorkbench.
Note that if you then import again brutes in the same database it will not work (due to creation of table "brutes2" first time you run BC, then once this table is created BC will just always ignore table "brutes").
You always have to import brutes in a fresh 1.2.02 database (or you may have to run request "drop table brutes2" in order to delete table "brutes2" so that next time you run BC it will recreate table brutes2 based on the content of table brutes).
Back to top Go down
jayeejee

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Feb 2011, 11:51

got it.. all is good now. I didnt clear the history in SQLWorkbench. just gotta make sure everything is brand new from scratch. :)
Back to top Go down
CrasZerP

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 23:44

Hmm .. it doesn't work for me.

i connected to my Datebase opened the .sql file, i klicked on the button ... no errors.

I copied the data folder and pasted it into the BC folder.

i started BC, it opens but when i wanted to know how many peoples are on this datebase, it appears '0' .. i dont know why.

sry bad english :s

After the klick on the button
'INSERT executed successfully
1 row(s) affected.

Execution time: 0.12s'
appears :/
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 05:48

Most likely you made a mistake in your SQL insert statements.
Back to top Go down
CrasZerP

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 01:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7crafErrc

here's a video on german. maybe it'll help
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 19:11

Congrats for the tutorial.
Wasn't really aware SQLWorkbench was that slow though affraid
I fear if you have several thousands of pupils to insert into a Brutal Combo database Squirrel is still the choice.
Anyway most parts of the tutorial are still relevant to Squirrel as well, so indeed a valuable video you've made there :-)
Back to top Go down
Rapsus

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeFri 08 Apr 2011, 20:57

I do not read German Razz
Back to top Go down
Kardu
Kardu

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011, 21:48

I did all as is mentioned here and it gives me "0 brutes in the database" too... As sioc said, it could be a sql insert mistake, but i don't see anything wrong :s i leave here some images of what i did, maybe you can help me

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And other thing, after export sql inserts to an empty db, what have we to do for put these brutes in our first db? I'd already tried 2 things, 1st: copy "data" to the BC folder, but with this the old data of that bc will disapear, 2nd: choose import option on bc*, and select the file "c:data\db\db.lck" (i tried this 2 options and then still apears "0 brutes")

Spoiler:

Sorry about my english, but i'm portuguese :|
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 05:10

Post some plain text values for X'...' so that I can decrypt them in order to check if the inserts are correct.

About merging databases, you can't do it easily after submitting SQL inserts. idea would be to insert them in a new blank database, open BC and run a check of number of pupils within BC in order for BC to create table brutes2, use again a SQL manager to export the content of table brutes2 and make corresponding inserts directly in table brutes2 of second database. There are several other routes depending on how you have built your previous database. If pupils were added with BC prior to 1.3, you can submit a DROP TABLE BRUTES2 and then add your pupils to table BRUTES as usual. If pupils were created with BC 1.3+ easier would be to first to export all your pupils and run the List Manager in order to make a fresh new list (see related posts in the release topic of my pupilling script). Please note as well this doesn't apply to modified BC version that comes with WinCombo: I'm not providing any support regarding this version of BC because I do not know exactly what was modified.
Back to top Go down
Kardu
Kardu

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 14:46

Ex: blu-dsvr9-8e1rj;1;password -» (X'cce3523c84590b57ef63650620d68df4fed1fd',1,'password');

sincerely, i can not understand some parts of your explanation about merging databases, what you want to mean with "brutes2 table"? and the "SQL manager", it's the SQL workbench?

Thanks for give me help :)

Edit. Good news, with aid of a portuguese member on this forum i learned to use squirrel to insert pupils in a db, and it worked, but now i've 2 db's and i don't know how to fuse them :\
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011, 17:44

Looks like your name was properly encoded and the SQL request looks ok. Most likely you didn't insert into a blank BC 1.2.02 database, or you are using the wrong BC version(s) to run fights.

A SQL manager is any tool that can submit SQL requests (i.e. Squirrel, SQL Workbench, etc).

Explanation about table brutes2: https://mybrute.forumotion.com/t7123-db-to-excel-thru-decypter-and-back-again#94231 or https://mybrute.forumotion.com/t10032p120-com-fr-es-de-browser-pupilling-script-com-fr-es-de-server-free-bc-trainer#146046 (gave somewhere else a real explanation but cannot find the topic atm)
    Everytime you launch BC 1.3+ and run fights or view your brutes (Statistiques -> Brutes par niveau), BC will check if the table "Brutes2" exists. If no (i.e. if for example it is a BC 1.2.x database) then Brutal Combo will create the table Brutes2 and populate this table according to the content of table Brutes and to the new MD5 encryption algorithm. The BC will run fights based on information in this table brutes2. You can then do any change you want to table brutes, these will not be taken into account by Brutal Combo because table brutes2 already exists. That's why when you want to create SQL inserts you always have to do it in a plain empty database. You may use as well a non empty database, but in this case you would first have to delete table brutes2 if you want Brutal Combo to use any change you made to table brutes. You can delete table brutes2 with the SQL command "drop table brutes2". That's the reason as well that if you created pupils directly with Brutal Combo back then using a BC 1.3+ version, best would be to export all your brutes to a plain text database according to the procedure explained below (otherwise you may eventually loose them). That way you have full control over the brutes you own, and you can insert them at any time into a fresh new database. Getting that text file still may require some efforts, especially if you have different passwords (in that case you would most likely have to make joints between the BC export and the Squirrel export using spreadsheet tools - this is explained in the links below as well). If you don't feel like exporting all your pupils and doing the procedure explained below in the links, you may as well merge two BC databases as explained below (which is still a rather complicated route prone to errors).

Merging databases: https://mybrute.forumotion.com/t6049p150-tutorial-eumigen-s-brutal-combo-decrypter-v-103-final#119476

Cleaning/merging a BC database and the use of the List Manager: https://mybrute.forumotion.com/t10032-com-fr-es-de-browser-pupilling-script-com-fr-es-de-server-free-bc-trainer and https://mybrute.forumotion.com/t10439p15-release-mybrute-list-manager-xp-pupil-n-fights#142578
Back to top Go down
Kardu
Kardu

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011, 00:01

hmm, this is a lot messy, i already got put everything together in one db, with squirrel i just inserted the sql's in my used db, and now all pupils are there... i got an idea of what is the brutes2 table, anyway i got what i wanted, not sure if i want to know more about this stuff brutes2, it seems too complicated for me and in the end will not serve anything (just general knowledge). anyway thank you for the informations and links Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitimeSat 16 Apr 2011, 08:01

Not making the effort to understand means taking the risk of doing something wrong. Then it's your responsibility.

Be sure to check you can run fights for the pupils you have added (if you've added them to table brutes when there already was table brutes2 it won't work).

In case of problem, then refer back to my explanations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel   Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Importing to Brutal Combo: an alternative route to Squirrel
Page 1 of 1