My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Daily Tournament ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

Daily Tournament ... Empty
PostSubject: Daily Tournament ...   Daily Tournament ... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2015, 19:09

Hello again all.

First, glad to see a few responses (and a lot more views!) on the re-union chat thread. I had no idea how many people used a valid email for sign-up (as you never had to authenticate it) so it was good to see a few faces from many years ago. Still hoping to see a few more drop in oer the next week or two.

So, the main reason I dropped in here again was because I'd started entering my brutes into the daily tournament again. Hoping a few of them would rank up as the game is so dead now. And some of them did.

But I have a request.

We always used to try and do this back in the day, but I think now, it's an even fairer request ....

Can we try and leave one day as clear as possible to give the lower level guys a chance? (I did wonder if my e-mail would wake a few of the big guys up ... it did)

No-one can ever level up to the levels we used to. It's impossible now that pupilling is dead. So the only way anyone gets to rank up is through a lucky draw.

The fewer high levels we have, the better the chance. Obviously.

From what I could work out, the day Maga-Spagg enters (today) seems to be the better bet. Less high levels that day. From what I've gathered on the other thread, Maga-Spagg, and a load of other high levels, are all owned by the same guy. (Carsten? - I'm not sure I was active on here the same time as he was ... assuming he was on here? I don't know) It also appears that his are entered automatically using a script.

Surely, after all this time, and all these daily tournaments, no-one really cares that much? Or is that much of a dick that they still want to spoil it for the guys who have done daily fights, every day, for 5+ years, to get to level 50-60???

So, can I ask, for anyone reading this who still has a high level brute(s), can PLEASE all enter them on the day when Maga-Spagg DOESN'T enter.

For my part, if any of the guys I'm entering (including the original BtB839) actually get lucky enough to make BL, I'll take them straight out and start entering them on the other day. (And if anyone else has high level non-BL's - please do the same!)

The time for trying to hog constant tourney wins in this game is long gone IMHO.

This forum gave people - myself included - a lot. Time to give something back .... Beers
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: Daily Tournament ...   Daily Tournament ... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2015, 23:03

Whoops, so I shouldn't have entered today then?  Didn't stand a chance anyway... crazy how high the levels got.

Some clarifications:

- You're requesting we leave high level brutes (and brutes that already are BL rank) out of the tourney on days when Magaspazz or whatever (#1 ranked on .com) is in such as today(20th), 22nd, 24th, etc?
- You're referring specifically to .com right?
- Can you define high level more clearly?  Give us a range maybe?  You mentioned 50-60 but I don't know if you intended that as the range or were just throwing out some numbers that came to mind.
- Dependent on the answer to the last one, what about brutes that are above that range but never made BL rank?

For instance when I checked on my old brutes I found 4 still present on the .com server (strangely I couldn't find any of the brutes I had on the .es server) and here's the breakdown:

Brutes:

All my brutes have been in retirement for ~6 years now, and as novel as it is to pop back on and play again, I don't intend to make a habit of it.  But for the sake of presenting a clear example here let's say I was going to continue entering in tourneys with the given brutes...  My BL would stay out of the tournies and get back to his nice spot at the BL retirement home, while the 279 Dentist of Chaos and 195 Sword Swallower could be entered on non-Smagmma (doh, Maga-Spagg) tourney days to joyfully get crushed by large volumes of even higher level brutes.  My lvl21 whipping boy could join in the tourneys on those in-between days if he ever decided he needed more of a beatdown than he gets just from the usual passerbys.  That sound about right? or if someone were really set on getting their old 100-300lvl char ranked up to BL should they still be trying their luck on Mega-Spank (close enough) days?

Quote :
The time for trying to hog constant tourney wins in this game is long gone IMHO.

IMHO, there never was such a time... there always were such people however.  Bleh.

Quote :
This forum gave people - myself included - a lot. Time to give something back

For the record, I believe I already have... just not for a very long time. Razz

In all seriousness though, I'm totally on-board with this... I have no problem letting my brutes ride the pine.  I hope others will be as receptive.   The days of figuring out the system and using it to our advantage were fun but they passed a long while ago.  I'm all for giving non-botted brutes a chance in the tournies.  Our botted brutes likely should have been wiped a long time ago but they remain a relic of times gone by... time to let em go folks (or rather, just don't play them on the days bob suggested, go wild on the days between).

esc-g

ps. would have been nifty if there were level classes (kinda like weight classes) for the tournies so that the game wouldn't have devolved into the actual gaming element becoming almost purely levelling itself, but that would have been more work and flown in the face of the whole pyramid-scheme business model MT had going, heh.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Daily Tournament ...   Daily Tournament ... Icon_minitimeSun 20 Dec 2015, 23:41

Yep.

For clarity:

Maga-Spagg .... whoever owns this brute, I think owns a lot of high level ones. (Carsten?) I think they are on auto-entry, scripted. weib0815 and ntvlstrmm (I think) are also his. As are several others. No way of contacting him so far (but trying). So we're stuck with those.

From the few days trial I did with my guys (between level 40 or so up to around 150 - some quite good for their level, others not so much), I seemed to have more success on the day Maga-Spagg entered. Got a few (including my original bobthebear839 - who I would LOVE to make BL! ... after all these years!) as far as 19h. A 20h or two. It can be done now. A couple of brutes in the low 100's made BL (not mine).

So ..... Maga-Spagg day = low level day.

Other day = BL's. (+ any "normals" who don't read this and don't notice the other day becoming a much better option!)

If you have a high level, who never made BL in the days when it was insane ..... go for it! Enter on Spagg day and you'll get BL sooner or later. (PreGod!!!!! You were stuck on dentrist forever!!!)

All I ask, is once you get it, shift to the other day and give the rest a chance. (Or retire happy .... up to you!)

On .COM, the "normals" are generaly in the 50-60 level range now. The guys who have done their fights, but never used a bot. Anything much below level 40 won't get far now as the "normals" have overtaken these. In a week of trials, I only had a few level 50-60 get past 15h. A few 17h and 18h between them, but not many. The sub level 50's don't get far now. One 15h between them all (about a dozen of them). But anything level 100+, that isn't completely terrible, can get 19h. Maybe 20h with luck. Or BL with a LOT of luck. But if the remaining big guys switched out, I think it would be awesome to slowly filter down the field champion by champion.

THIS IS THE LAST POSSIBLE BIT OF FUN I CAN SEE TO BE SQUEEZED OUT OF THIS GAME. GET BL FOR THOSE LOW LEVEL GUYS YOU NEVER THOUGHT WOULD DO IT.

AND EVEN SOME OF THE NO-PUPIL "NORMALS" MIGHT EVEN MAKE BL ... WHICH MOST PROBABLY NEVER THINK POSSIBLE.

BUT WE CAN ONLY DO IT IF PEOPLE BUY IN. Beers

I only enter my BL's on Weib day. I've made a few finals. No wins. Won a couple on ES. And on FR. Nothing left on DE except a lvl 35 BL from when it very first started. (DE seems to be the most active? Although they may all be Carstens!)

And yeah --- ESC .... you did take out a few of my guys today. So did RippRaff. LOL! UglyLOL

I had a feeling it might happen once I sent out the mail. I've forgotten who a lot of the brutes belong to and I'm sure a good few were sold while I was mostly inactive. Found who most of Ripp's were .... Rolling
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: Daily Tournament ...   Daily Tournament ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2015, 03:27

Quote :
And yeah --- ESC .... you did take out a few of my guys today. So did RippRaff. LOL!

LOL, just like old times then. Wink

Oh, and I did find my brutes on ES after all... five of them left between lvl 63 and 163. Never made it to my target levels with them way back when... had I known brutes would reach the lvls ~ 500 one of them could have been really good even at a lower level (close to all the things I wanted in my ideal brute). Oh well... got married instead. Not really worth the tradeoffs in retrospect. Laughing Anyhow, ES seems pretty crazy in terms of the massive amounts of high level brutes there. Don't think I ever had any brutes on FR and definitely never on DE.

Thanks for the clarifications... let's get some of those deserving brutes a real fighting chance!

esc-g
Back to top Go down
Jens6993
Jens6993

PostSubject: Re: Daily Tournament ...   Daily Tournament ... Icon_minitimeMon 21 Dec 2015, 19:09

I think it doesn't concern me. All my brutes are below Level 50, and my highest rank is Hemogoblin ( http://margarina.meinbrutalo.de/cellule )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Tournament ...   Daily Tournament ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daily Tournament ...
Page 1 of 1