My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
illumi
illumi

Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Empty
PostSubject: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jan 2016, 20:30

Hello and happy new year to you all. New member to the forums but not to mybrute here.

I remember playing this when I was a kid and I really enjoyed myself. I for the life of me can't remember my old brute's name but I never got past level 8 (Never knew about bots and such at the time).

Recently I obtained that Email about people coming back to mybrute while I was with several of my friends online and decided to toy around with it and make a new brute under Spagg: http://jabal.mybrute.com/cellule

Funny enough, I started to talk about this game with my friends and literally my entire guild decided to make brutes. My Guild Leader: http://ahegao.mybrute.com/cellule

And now we fight each other almost every day all of us leveling our brutes up. It's actually pretty fun. We also play Pokemon/LoL and Final Fantasy together as well.

Regardless, I was wondering if there was a way to get my brute in tip top shape for the tournaments? I doubt there is considering the MT change but I've always wanted a brute to at least do something in the tournaments other than getting eliminated.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 00:08

Hello!

So you know you need pupils with unused IP's to gain XP.

You can have 150 XP paying pupils.

Those pupils only pay you XP points up to level 5.

Thats a total of 750 XP points you get from pupils now. Thats it.

According to this: http://bestbrute.wikia.com/wiki/Cheatsheet

That would only get you to almost level 18. Which is not very high. The "normals" (people who never used bots to level up fast) who have been playing for 5+ years, just doing their daily fights, are now around levels 45-60. You are almost certain to meet someone of that level within the first 2 or 3 rounds of the tournament now.

So there isn't much you can do I'm afraid. Sad

So best just to enjoy fighting amongst your clan ....
Back to top Go down
Net Warrior
Net Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 01:38

Which kind of sucks, they should really have level ranged tourneys. To have a level 20 brute enter the tourney only to fight a level 100+ is just pointless to even enter the tourney to begin with, you gain nothing from it other that to show you were eliminated in the first fight all the time.

With the changes to the XP and the number of pupils that grant XP, they should award XP for fights you win when you are challenged. As it is right now, if you fight my brute, and win, you gain XP. But my brute gets nothing.

If they made it so that ever (X) amount of losses to challenging brute grants you 1 XP, it would help level a little bit faster. For example, when another brute challenges your brute, for every 4 losses you gain 1 XP.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 11:10

Yep. Pretty much.

There is loads more they could have done with the game. But they never did when it was hugely popular. No way they will now. I've tried contacting the developers several times over the year and they never responded, never mind changed anything.

In fact, they have never changed anything. Besides deleting some brutes (quite a lot of brutes actually) and introducing the rules which pretty much killed the game in terms of it's long term future.

At least in relation to the tournament and gaining ranks, they have killed it at both ends. And left *a little* (but not much) life left in the middle.

New players have no chance. Assuming the chart I linked to is right (from memory, it sounds about right) and pupils will only take you to just under level 18, that still leaves you a long way behind the level 40-60 players who have 5+ years of fights under their belts. You would, VERY slowly, catch them up as it takes longer and longer to level the higher you go. But we are talking years. And until you hit level 40, you are unlikely (without a HUGE amount of luck) too get past maybe 13h or 14h in the tournament. I entered a level 29 (who is also terrible) into the touney for a couple of weeks. He never made it past 13h. He's retired now.

And for the old players with high levels, they also killed it. No-one can level any more. So there is no competition. The few level 1000+ will always win. The only real competition is between the few of them when they all enter. The other high lvele guys (say ... levels 200-700) won't beat them. And even they are pretty strung out. A level 200 will kill all the 50-60's all day long, but has little to no chance against a level 400.

So the only real life left in the game is (unfortunately for you guys) for the long time players around level 50, and a few parked brutes around level 100-150 at the moment. They have a chance to rank up, and the 100+ guys have a chance of making BL now.

Motion Twin are no longer interested in the game. In fairness, they did give it HUGE amounts of bandwidth, for free, for years. It couldn't last forever. Bandwidth isn't free! That they never evolved the game, but created spin off's (muxxu) and other games, suggests they never really intended to do anything more with the original. I suspect it was a combination of a test of that type of game, and good free advertising for MT after the game exploded and went viral for a while.

I've noticed the site does seem laggy and responds quite slowly sometimes now.

I suspect they have moved it onto a much smaller server, and it doesn't have the resources it used to.

But, for now, it still works, so we might as well see if we can squeeze the last little bit of fun out of it. :)
Back to top Go down
Net Warrior
Net Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 11:22

When they made those changes, they shouldn't wiped the slate clean and start everyone with new level 1 brutes. I know people would've been upset, but at least everyone would have a fighting chance.

And god yes, the site is slow as hell when it comes to loading the Adobe flash side of the site, when looking at the cells it takes a good bi to load the weapons, then takes a while to load the brutes faces in the arena selection page when you go to choose which brute you want to fight.

But yes, still worth the fun you get from it, too bad they wouldn't sell the game to someone that would wantto give it some love, it could be viral again.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 11:49

I think things have moved on.

The original version of mybrute is too simplistic in todays market. But it certainly got MT some advertising. Small software houses like them come and go all the time. I suspect they got a LOT of traction of mybrute and used it well as they are still around today.

So I guess we just make the most of what they've left us with in the twilight of the game. Subby!
Back to top Go down
Net Warrior
Net Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 12:56

I never joined muxxu's site, I read a lot of people don't care for that site too much, but at least they re keeping it up to date.

Not even sure you can predict futures like you can on Mybrute. Never read anything like that, nor can you use scripts. What's the highest level there, do you know?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jan 2016, 13:08

No idea. I never got into the muxxu side of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions   Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hope you all had a good start to your new year: Had some questions
Page 1 of 1