My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Donnie Darko

Go down 
+4
heroinmonkey
Ossionic
Jill Sandwich
mantis33
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 16:26

Donnie Darko is the only way to go as far as time travelling movies are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 16:28

mantis33 wrote:
Donnie Darko is the only way to go as far as time travelling movies are concerned.

Never heard of it :I and I love time traveling movies... I'm going to have to download that :)

EDIT:
Just googled it and it looks pretty interesting. Going to have to watch this later on tonight with my sis :)
Thanks!
@Ossi: Can you find the megashare thing for this movie Very Happy plzzzz
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 17:03

Donnie Darko is one of my favorite movies, so I'm sure you'll love it. You might have to watch it more than once though because it can be confusing at some parts and it's definately better the second time you watch it... and third... and fourth... etc
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 21:10

Lol yupp! Done and done!

I havn't watched this movie .. Looks promising Wink

Thanks mantis!
Back to top Go down
Http://invinzibli.mybrute.com
Ossionic
Ossionic

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 04:28

Mantis im seriously worried about you!

WTF! That film.. Donny Drako... It;s twisted and contorted and depraved and sick!

I will probably spend my entire week reflecting on how that film could possibly make sense. Whether it's all random or it's genius..

What i can tell u for a fact is, it has almost nothing to do with time travel!!

OO jill's gonna be pissed haha
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 04:32

Yeah I tried to tell you it actually requried thinking. Read up on it a little bit and watch it again, infinitely better the second time when you know what is going on.

It's not like stereotypical time travel, no, but time travel nonetheless and one of the best movies of all time as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_darko

That has a pretty good summary since it's pretty confusing the first time you watch it.

Also...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/faq#.2.1.31
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 05:07

Ossionic wrote:
Mantis im seriously worried about you!

WTF! That film.. Donny Drako... It;s twisted and contorted and depraved and sick!

I will probably spend my entire week reflecting on how that film could possibly make sense. Whether it's all random or it's genius..

What i can tell u for a fact is, it has almost nothing to do with time travel!!

OO jill's gonna be pissed haha

Me and my sis were extremely pissed off! (especially considering the fact that I took time to watch the movie rather than write my paper) Mad

And I guess... it had... a little time travel to it... but not what I wanted!
I like the time travel that include Deloreans needing to reach 88 mph in order to activate the flux capacitor, notebooks that tell what happened in the past, unusual aurora borealis activity resulting in a ham radio being able to tramit through time... etc :)

The movie was really confusing... and at the end everything didn't add up like I planned.
9I also never watched the director's cut so maybe I missed a lot)

But me and my sis were like wtf?! at the end of the movie. And I did this :sleep: a couple of times
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 05:09

Wow, I guess if you like shitty movies, Back to the Future is the best bet. I don't know about you guys, but I like to actually think when I watch a movie. Like I said, read up on it and watch it again, and if you still don't think it's amazing, than may God have mercy on your soul.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 05:18

mantis33 wrote:
if you like shitty movies, Back to the Future is the best bet.

This made me mad.
If this were the sims you would see a bubble pop up saying -11 relationship points
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 13:33

Jill Sandwich wrote:

If this were the sims you would see a bubble pop up saying -11 relationship points

wahahah that seriously cracked me up Very Happy

Well mantis, for an older film, it's actually pretty good.. But there's some mad man's reasoning behind the film and i'm just about to read the reviews u suggested..

I take you for the kinda guy thta likes the butterfly effect then? :O

*Edit* Well. I take pride in adding up even the most complicated of films and understand things that people just don't see or whatever.. After reading the wiki review i'm even more upset... Cause thats exactly what happens in the movie, and it doesnt explain the reasoning on the side!!

Nothing adds up..
-What are the 'liquid' tubes coming out of you from?
-Why was frank showing himself to him? (Is he a time traveler or is he psychic?)
-What's grandma death have to do with anything?
-Why where those fuckers at the grandma's house?
-Where the hell is the end of the world? How does he end up going back in the past?
-Why does it show frank by the bed in a worry fit if that was the future and he hadn't killed anyone?

You know. My conclusion is a simple one. The guy Donnie is a skitzo. That night he suffered from a sever hallucination which he taught was the next 28 days of his life. None of it was real. With that being said, his choices braught him to stay in the room and die because in his own mind he was doing the right thing

Last edited by Ossionic on Wed 27 May 2009, 13:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 13:44

Not to be a prick Laughing

But I was warned by Jill (the moderator) that since I posted a picture of Dooshbag's (alleged) ex-gf that I was not following the idea of the thread because I was not posting pictures of "myself". (or the derailment of DoTA for making a comment about Final Fantasy as stated by Negative_Zephyr)

And seeing how none of you are rabbits or Donnie Darko or time travelers I am requesting that this conversation be split to it's own thread accordingly.

... should I include sarcasm tags?
For a moderator, Jill seems to derail quite a few threads LOL.

Last edited by heroinmonkey on Wed 27 May 2009, 13:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ossionic
Ossionic

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 13:53

You just did.

And you're right! I was thinking about us going off topic and then i said, meh i'll just take a random picture later on and get back on topic..

So ignore this one for now heroin lol We'll get back on topic soon enough
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 15:41

Wow Heroin... you're a real dick.
Also, did we post any pictures of Rabbits of Donnie Darko in this thread? You just wanna stir sh** up.

I intended on spliting this topic if the discussion about the movie went further... and it did... I was asleep so there was nothing I could do about it.
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 15:56

Wow, a moderator making personal attacks.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 15:59

There he goes taking things personal again.
I suppose you're going to google me now, huh?
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:26

What the? Why is there a thread for Donnie Darko now? lol Oh well...

Jill, read up on the movie with the links I provided and then watch it again. If you still don't like it, I don't know... It's not for everyone I guess. You either love it or hate it. I'm upset that I lost 11 relationship points. How can I make it up to you? Sad

Ossionic, read all of this. All your questions should be answered here.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/faq#.2.1.31
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:33

Lol I remember telling everyone that Back to the future was my favorite movie of all time... so that made me pretty mad when you called it shitty, so I'm not sure how you will make back those points lol

Well I've read almost everything from the links that you've posted, but it just seems to me that Richard Kelly (Director of the movie) is kind of crazy! lol
I'm watching the movie again as I type this, but feeling the same way I felt watching it the first time.
Guess it's just not for me. :/

I hear they are making a sequel that suppose to come out this year called "Samantha Darko"
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:35

Just read this: =)

http://kaedrin.com/weblog/archive/000900.html
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:43

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Lol I remember telling everyone that Back to the future was my favorite movie of all time... so that made me pretty mad when you called it shitty, so I'm not sure how you will make back those points lol

Well I've read almost everything from the links that you've posted, but it just seems to me that Richard Kelly (Director of the movie) is kind of crazy! lol
I'm watching the movie again as I type this, but feeling the same way I felt watching it the first time.
Guess it's just not for me. :/

I hear they are making a sequel that suppose to come out this year called "Samantha Darko"

Yeah the sequel is called S. Darko and it's gonna be terrible because this isn't the type of movie that you make a sequel to. The original director didn't want anything to do with the sequel and I've heard it's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:44

heroinmonkey wrote:
Just read this: =)

http://kaedrin.com/weblog/archive/000900.html

"how can the tangent universe exist when it is caused by itself?"
I stopped reading after I read that in the timeline explanation because it's true...
The movie is just tooooo confusing Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 18:54

It's pretty open to interpretation. Perhaps you are overanalyzing it. The tangent universe was created when he wasn't killed by the jet engine. So in the tangent universe, the manipulated dead (Frank) are trying to make sure everything falls into place so that Donnie can go back and be killed by the jet enging like he was originally supposed to.
Back to top Go down
Keekles

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 20:15

Jill Sandwich wrote:
mantis33 wrote:

Never heard of it

This is when I stopped reading this thread.

You obviously have been leaving in a boarded up closet similar to Harry Potter's if you've never even HEARD of Donnie Darko.

It *ALMOST* makes anything you say about movies invalid, really. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 20:17

I DO live in the Cayman Islands Wink
That's probably somewhere you've never heard of either.
Back to top Go down
mantis33

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 20:29

Keekles wrote:
Jill Sandwich wrote:
mantis33 wrote:

Never heard of it

This is when I stopped reading this thread.

You obviously have been leaving in a boarded up closet similar to Harry Potter's if you've never even HEARD of Donnie Darko.

It *ALMOST* makes anything you say about movies invalid, really. Wink

<3

Someone with good taste in movies!
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009, 20:42

LOL... this thread should be moved to Entertainment now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Donnie Darko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Donnie Darko   Donnie Darko Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donnie Darko
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
My Brute Forum :: General Talk :: Off-topics-
Jump to: