My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Skill's Weakness and Strength

Go down 
+12
OmgWhatABrute
Neutrino
rugguy65
Void
Remzzo
FlamingToaster
Death Str1ke
KNR49
heroinmonkey
redneck-giant99
Jill Sandwich
Negative Zephyr
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

Skill's Weakness and Strength Empty
PostSubject: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 17:34

Basically it is just comment of skills... most of the comment is their strength and weakness..
And, Most of Rare skills have great weaknesses
Skill's Weakness and Strength Skills

1st row From Left to Right:
========================================================================
Herculean Strength
Strength: Not only Strength increased, but also, the rate of Strength increased per level up increased, too.. Improved the chance of disarming opponent's weapon and blocking (?)
Example: if you have Herculean Strength, sometime you level up and got Strength Improved... Maybe Your Strength is increased by 2 points instead of 1.
Weakness: Strength is weak against Agility.. If you have such strength but when your attacks miss, your Strength is useless.

Feline Agility
Strength: Not only status increased, but also, the rate of status increased per level up increased, too.. Same Example as Herculean Strength, but it is your agility. Also, Improve your chance of dodging (also blocking (?)) and Accuracy.
Weakness: Agility is weak against Speed. You can keep evading or block but it is only a chance. Your foe has high multi-hit rate which can damage you from some hits launched. Deluge is the most fatal weakness. Deluge can't be avoided and sure to hit you (ONLY YOU, PETS ARE NEGLECTED) 100%. Also Implacable makes you annoyed. Hammer (super) if it hits your brute. Bare-Handed brute also has Higher Accuracy.

Bolt of Lightning
Strength: Not only status increased, but also, the rate of status increased per level up increased, too.. Same Example as Herculean Strength, but it is your speed. Improved the rate of Counter-attacking (?) and multi-hiiting.
Weakness: Speed is weak against Strength. When you try to multi hit, you'll be tired (stop hitting). Then your foe will blast your face out of the earth with their huge strength, and disarming your weapons. Counter is the fatal. Multi-Hit will be stopped once you're counter attacked.

Vitality
Strength: Not only status increased, but also, the rate of status increased per level up increased, too.. Same Example as Herculean Strength, but it is your HP
Weakness: Having Vitality at the Beginning is really annoying. Your opponent with weapon will easily defeat you. Sabotage is really annoying, more annoying if your opponent has high speed too. No weapon to fight, better die already.

Immortal
Strength: HUGE HP, but....!!!
Weakness: You must offer Your status as the sacrifice unless you are very lucky. Many brutes that has immortal will have bad status. I'll take fotum as an example (Sorry, fotum), he has Str-Agl-Spd 9-6-3 at level 50 while his HP is 1013. It is really very low status compared to the other brutes who don't have immortal. Some skills will not help you out. You have to depend on your weapon. Plus, when you got a pet, your HP will be decreased greater than ever... Also the weakness of vitality is allowed here too
Yaboirobby wrote:
........I have an immortal brute now who had 145 HP. Got a dog and it dropped to 66!

Master of Arms
Strength: Your melee weapon damage is increased
Weakness: Useless when you have no melee weapon (Knife, Fan, Great Sword, Leek, Sabre, Broad Sword). Flail and Whip is not melee weapon....

Martial Arts:
Strength: Increase damage when you have no weapon armed... This is Great weakness for weapon hater...
Weakness: Useless when you have weapon armed.... better you don't have or at least 2 or 3 weapon... and hope it is not armed... and got disarmed/sabotaged by foe.
=======================================================================

2nd row from left to right:
6th Sense
Strength: You can counter attack BEFORE your foe damages you... also, good at dodging, sometimes multi-hitting.
Weakness: Lower chance of countering than Pugnacious. Lower chance of dodging than Untouchable. Lower chance of multi-hitting (+1 or +2 hits only) too. One-Hit KO

Pugnacious
Strength: You can counter attack AFTER your foe damages you... (High Chance)
Weakness: One-Hit KO (Fierce brute + High Damage Weapon + Herculean Strength)

Tornado of Blows
Strength: Chance of Multi hitting is increased Greatly (can be +5 or more hits)
Weakness: 6th sense and Pugnacious (Counter Attack)

Shield
Strength: Chance of Blocking is increased..
Weakness: It can be disarmed (impact or Sai (Weapon) or without them)

Armour
Strength: Same with Extra-Thick Skin, but reduced weapon damage and normal damage around 10% - 90% and they stack each other
Weakness: Many methods can be used to defeat these skills.. like strong arm + heavy weapon + multi hitting skills... Sometimes they also have such low status. Using Sabotage can finish his weapon first.

Extra-thick Skin
Strength: Same with Armour, but reduced normal damage around 10% - 50% and they stack each other
Weakness: Many methods can be used to defeat these skills.. like strong arm + heavy weapon + multi hitting skills... Sometimes they also have such low status. Using Sabotage can finish his weapon first.

Untouchable
Strength: Chance of Dodging is increased greatly. Great for opponent using Slow Weapons.
Weakness: Implaceable, and multi hitting skills, Fast weapons, and Hammer (super) if it hits your brute.. Deluge is the most fatal weakness. Deluge can't be avoided and sure to hit you (ONLY YOU, PETS ARE NEGLECTED) 100%. Bare-Handed brute also has Higher Accuracy.

3rd row from left to right:
Sabotage
Strength: Each attack surely destroys one of opponent's reserve weapon
Weakness: Will be useless when opponent has no weapon, Martial Arts, Hammer (super), Theif, Thrown weapon doesn't stack with Sabotage

Impact
Strength: Higher chance of Disarming opponent's weapon
Weakness: Will be useless when opponent has no weapon, Martial Arts, Hammer (super), Theif, Thrown weapon doesn't stack with Impact

Strong Arm
Strength: Increase Damage for heavy weapons
Weakness: Useless when you don't have heavy weapons

Implacable
Strength: Increase accuracy greatly....
Weakness: Untouchable, High Agility, Shield.

Survival
Strength: Reduced to 1 HP when taking mortal blow... Can be used more than once
Weakness: Multi-Hitting skills, Deluge, and Fast weapons, sometimes Bomb.

Theif
Strength: Of course, For opponent who has many weapons. Stealing them = making opponent disarmed and arm it yourself. Can be used more than once.
Weakness: Will be useless when opponent has no weapon, Martial Arts, Hammer (super), also if opponent is using weak weapon, then you steal it. You have to be bare-handed (no weapon armed) to use this skill.

Fierce Brute
Strength: Damage can be combined with your weapon and then Doubled.... Specially use for 1-hit KO. (Used only once)
Weakness: Just pray for your luck that your brute will hold the strongest weapon and will not attack opponent's pets. Fierce brute can also be evaded, Blocked and countered.

4th row from left to right:
Tragic Potion
Strength: Heals between 1/4 and 1/2 of lost HP. Usually you heal after your opponent damaged you. Higher chance when Your HP is low. (Used only once)
Weakness: Healing depends on your opponent's condition an your HP at that time. Just hope that your opponent is holding a strong weapon (in damage) while you use it.

Net
Strength: Net Makes one of your opponent's pet can't join the battle until the battle is over but there is exception (Look at weakness of this skill). Can be thrown to your opponent's brute to have 100% accuracy for your next attack. (Used only once)
Weakness: Rather Useless when your opponent doesn't have any pet. Net is broken after netted person/pet has been attacked once. Also, almost pet hater only rocks at the beginning. And, Beware with Bomb (super) which can release opponent's pet after being caught by net. Also, Thief can break the net if net is launched to your opponent brute.

Bomb
Strength: A super which specially used for eliminating multiple dogs. Damages all opponent's area. It Does Good damage for early game. Sometimes good for opponent using survival. (Used only once).
Weakness: Rather Useless when your opponent doesn't have any pet. Also, almost pet hater only rocks at the beginning.. Just hope that your bomb is thrown before your net is launched. (Explaination on Net section)

Hammer
Strength: A super which specially used for One-on-One Combat (or you have pet but your opponent doesn't). It Does Good damage for early and mid game and rather OK for late. This skill is Good for weapon hater (Used only once).
Weakness: It also can attack pet, but It will be better to attack opponent's brute. Also, you have to be bare-handed (no weapon armed) to use this skill. Martial Arts doesn't work to Hammer. Opponent who has High HP and/or Armour and/or extra thick skin is so annoying for this super. Tragic Potion is also annoying. Needs High Strength to be fatal on your opponent.

Cry of the Damned
Strength: Cry of Damned is the super that Pet hater must have. It Makes one or more (max 2) of your opponent's pets run away (can't join the battle until the battle is over) without exception. (Can be Used more than once)
Weakness: Absolutely Useless when your opponent doesn't have any pet.

Hypnosis
Strength: Hypnosis is also the super that Pet hater should have. It Makes ALL of your opponent's pets devoted to you until the battle is over without exception. (Used Only once)
Weakness: Very Low Chance of casting it. Absolutely Useless when your opponent doesn't have any pet.

Deluge
Strength: For those who has many weapons that you can't use them all, Deluge is the answer. Throwing your weapons (can be less or more than 3) to your opponent and deal full (not max) damage of the weapon thrown. (Used Only once) (Take a side note that, max damage of a weapon increased per level even it is very small). Deluge has 100% Accuracy of hitting brute (Never miss) and always hits brutes, not pets.
Weakness: It helps your opponent to sabotage your weapon. Also, just hope that the weapons thrown have high damage. Damage from Deluge is also reduced when opponent has armour and/or Extra-Thick Skin. Any Weapon's skill (like Master of Arms) doesn't affect its Damage. Tragic Potion is also annoying as well as High HP. Needs High Strength to be fatal on your opponent.

THE END

Legend:
Skills
Super
(?) = Still need Confirmation, Please Help

Feel free to comment me. Tell me (with PM or posting in this thread) if there is any mistakes.

Last edited by Negative Zephyr on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 10:10; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 18:22

I don't think shields can be stolen...

EDIT:
I'm pretty sure shields cannot be stolen
Back to top Go down
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
redneck-giant99

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 18:36

awesome info

thanks
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 18:46

Back to top Go down
KNR49
KNR49

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 18:51

I hope you copied that from somewhere because... a ton of that stuff is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Death Str1ke
Death Str1ke

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 19:48

useful info, but alot is either wrong
or misguided, or a few things left out.
ie. Shields cant be stolen.
Hammer & Deluge depends on strength of brute.
Strong arm works like martial arts & master of arms, as it adds to damage delivered with heavy weapons.

still a good guide to follow, esp for noob's.
Good looks.
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 19:56

Jill Sandwich wrote:
EDIT:
The reason I put "shield can be stolen" because I've ever seen my friend's brute stole his foe's shield... once
But just now, ..... I was testing it at brute tools.... even his brute wouldn't steal my shield... Was that a bug??? Or Was my eyes blurry?? lol

KNR49 wrote:
I hope you copied that from somewhere because... a ton of that stuff is wrong.
What is wrong??? About the shield, let me confirm it with ronga....

Death Str1ke wrote:

Hammer & Deluge depends on strength of brute.
Strong arm works like martial arts & master of arms, as it adds to damage delivered with heavy weapons.
still a good guide to follow, esp for noob's.
Good looks.

Spoiler:
So, This Description was wrong????
Hammer depends on our strength... Well, Btw, I don't write that lol

The Reason I say "Strong arm increases accuracy" because I ever fight with a brute with Club + Strong Arm. That Club always hit me until I die.... although I've got Feline Agility....

OK... I'm waiting Confirmation from ronga...
Back to top Go down
KNR49
KNR49

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 20:46

Quote :
Speed is weak against Strength. When you try to multi hit, you'll be tired (stop hitting).
lol
Quote :
Armour and Extra-thick Skin...
pretty sure they affect different types of weapons differently
Quote :
Sabotage
not always
Quote :
Theif
Strength: Of course, For opponent who has many weapons. Stealing them = making opponent disarmed and arm it yourself. Can be used more than once.
Weakness: Will be useless when opponent has no weapon, Martial Arts, Hammer (super), also if opponent is using weak weapon, then you steal it. You have to be bare-handed (no weapon armed) to use this skill.
don't have to be bare-handed
your brute will often drop a weapon and steal one immediately(just like switching weapons)
Quote :
Tragic Potion
Strength: Combo-ed with Survival will be good as mentioned above. Minimal Healing is 20 HP (?????). (Used only once)
Weakness: Healing depends on your opponent's attack at that time. Just hope that your opponent is holding a strong weapon (in damage) while you use it. Chance is rather low for your brute to use it
depends on your hp when you use it
if you use it while you're barely hurt it will heal you very little(below 20 easily)
Quote :
Net
Strength: Net Makes one of your opponent's pet can't join the battle until the battle is over but there is exception (Look at weakness of this skill). (Used only once)
Weakness: Rather Useless when your opponent doesn't have any pet.
your opponent can't do anything while in the net... great if the other guy has a whip + 6th sense or something equally unfair ;[
Quote :
Hammer
Strength: A super which specially used for One-on-One Battle (or you have pet but your opponent doesn't). It Does Good damage for early and mid game and rather OK for late. This skill is Good for weapon hater (Used only once).
Weakness: It also can attack pet, but It will be better to attack opponent's brute. Also, you have to be bare-handed (no weapon armed) to use this skill.
it hits at random like other weapons... even if your opponent has a pet, you still might hit him... AND... it's the same as thief, your brute doesn't have to be bare-handed, it can drop a weapon to immediately do hammer
Quote :
Cry of the Damned
Strength: Cry of Damned is the super that Pet hater must have. It Makes one of your opponent's pets run away
are you sure it only makes one run away? I think it can make more run away(but not always)

there's some other things that don't sound right, but that's what stood out to me
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 21:00

KNR49 wrote:

Quote :
Sabotage
not always
Yes, ALWAYS...

KNR49 wrote:

Quote :
Theif
don't have to be bare-handed
your brute will often drop a weapon and steal one immediately(just like switching weapons)

Hence, you must be bare-handed Razz

KNR49 wrote:

Quote :
Hammer
Strength: A super which specially used for One-on-One Battle (or you have pet but your opponent doesn't). It Does Good damage for early and mid game and rather OK for late. This skill is Good for weapon hater (Used only once).
Weakness: It also can attack pet, but It will be better to attack opponent's brute. Also, you have to be bare-handed (no weapon armed) to use this skill.
it hits at random like other weapons... even if your opponent has a pet, you still might hit him... AND... it's the same as thief, your brute doesn't have to be bare-handed, it can drop a weapon to immediately do hammer
You kind of repeated what he just said. He said it can attack pet, meaning randomly.

KNR49 wrote:

Quote :
Cry of the Damned
Strength: Cry of Damned is the super that Pet hater must have. It Makes one of your opponent's pets run away
are you sure it only makes one run away? I think it can make more run away(but not always)

I once saw a brute scare away a wolf and 2 dogs at in one cry.
Back to top Go down
KNR49
KNR49

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 21:08

Jill Sandwich wrote:
KNR49 wrote:

Quote :
Sabotage
not always
Yes, ALWAYS...

Very rarely it will hit(and do damage) and not destroy a weapon (and, yes, I know it can't destroy one you're holding, that's not what I mean)
Back to top Go down
Death Str1ke
Death Str1ke

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2009, 23:36

if hit sabotage will always destroy a weapon
in reserve, but if a hit is blocked, it will not be
effected. One of my fave specials
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 05:19

THIS ARTICLE BELONGS IN TIPS AND TRICKS.

Currently there are at least two other articles that cover this same information, thus making this thread redundant.

https://mybrute.forumotion.com/tips-tricks-f12/a-guide-for-all-the-weapons-supers-specialities-and-pets-in-the-game-t2.htm

https://mybrute.forumotion.com/tips-tricks-f12/beginners-faq-t370.htm
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 05:30

I think this is more of a discussion since, according to the members that have posted in this thread, some of the information is incorrect...
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 05:33

Jill Sandwich wrote:
I think this is more of a discussion since, according to the members that have posted in this thread, some of the information is incorrect...

This topic has been covered in the two articles linked.
Either move or lock.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 05:56

Zephyr's choice.
According to Ronga, I lock threads for no legitimate reason.
Back to top Go down
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 05:59

no jill don't start a mod war
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 06:08

Discussed with Zephyr.
Since this thread is ironing out the details and is fact finding it will remain in General Discussion until completion then moved into Tips and Tricks.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 06:10

FlamingToaster wrote:
no jill don't start a mod war
Lol I'm not trying to

heroinmonkey wrote:
Discussed with Zephyr.
Since this thread is ironing out the details and is fact finding it will remain in General Discussion until completion then moved into Tips and Tricks.
Good job.
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2009, 09:38

I've updated the list...
I also have my own combo list.. (will be added later)
I've asked some question to ronga... Waiting for his confirmation before I move this to Tips and Tricks lol...

KNR49 wrote:
Quote :
Tragic Potion
Strength: Combo-ed with Survival will be good as mentioned above. Minimal Healing is 20 HP (?????). (Used only once)
Weakness: Healing depends on your opponent's attack condition at that time. Just hope that your opponent is holding a strong weapon (in damage) while you use it. Chance is rather low for your brute to use it
depends on your hp when you use it
if you use it while you're barely hurt it will heal you very little(below 20 easily)
No, It depends on your opponent condition.. Usually Tragic Potion is used after being attacked. Just like Pugnacious, but this recover your HP instead of damaging foe.
Well, I have a brute with Tragic Potion. and while opponent is holding Stone Hammer. It heals me 77 HP.

Death Str1ke wrote:
...........Deluge depends on strength of brute...........
No, It most likely depends of Damage of weapon. Tested that with brutetools.
Spear does 15 Damage and knife does 9 damage when deluged even I already had Herculean Strength and my level was 18 and my opponent was at level 8

Any more comments?? Or maybe Still is there anything wrong???
EDIT: Some update on Sabotage and Impact section...
Back to top Go down
Remzzo
Remzzo

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2009, 13:46

Jill Sandwich wrote:

EDIT:

Only Disarmed
Back to top Go down
http://remzzo21.dragonadopters.com
Void
Void

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 00:49

I have a question..

Untouchable is dependent on agi, but is implacable dependent on agi as well?
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 05:13

Untouchable doesn't depend on agility.. but, it is only increasing the chance of dodging itself.
High Agility + Untouchable stack each other...

Agility doesn't affect Accuracy..
Your weapon used affects the accuracy. Implacable is only for increasing Accuracy of the weapon and your hit...
Back to top Go down
rugguy65
rugguy65

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 06:23

thanks .very interesting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 03:04

Made some updates...
Please check for anything wrong...
Back to top Go down
Neutrino
Neutrino

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 13:07

I've been wondering how the % in armour and damage bonuses work.
When u get armour, is the % constant? or does it range during the battle?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skill's Weakness and Strength   Skill's Weakness and Strength Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skill's Weakness and Strength
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next