My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.

Go down 
+2
Aaerox
BobTheBear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Empty
PostSubject: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 21:08

Got my supposedly dynamic IP up and running today.

And it's crap. Evil or Very Mad

The way they allocate IP's is little better than the static IP I have been forcing IP changes through on up until now.

It's maginally better than that, but due to the way their DHCP server works, it's still way too slow for effective self-pupiling. I'm still having to piss about with altering MAC addresses in the router to get a fresh IP .... and their DHCP allocation is slow as hell.

So they are getting cancelled and I'm going to switch to a different ISP.

Which is where I could use a little help from you guys.

I'm in the UK. The ISP thats getting cancelled is O2. BE are also no use as they use the same network and setup.

Is there anyone else in the UK who has an ISP with a truly dynamic IP allocation. ie. release/renew (or switch the router/modem on and off ..... whatever) and you get a fresh IP.

If you have an ISP like this, let me know so I can switch to them.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Aaerox
Aaerox

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 21:34

Hey bob.

Sorry, I'm not from UK. Really would like to help you, 'cause you helped me with my static ip. :|

Are you changing your ISP just for My Brute or did you plan this before?
I wouldn't change my ISP just for a browser game. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://flexorizer.mybrute.com
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009, 22:06

Was thinking of switching over anyway ... the one I'm with just isn't very good value any more.

So, as I'm doing it anyway, though I might as well get one that allows me to self-pupil like a madman at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Saul_

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 00:25

Well mate, I have a static IP here too, it's one of those wireless set up to run under the same IP range... I know how you feel about pupilling yourself.... if you ever find a solution let me know. =]

Cheers mate,
Saul
Back to top Go down
riiskop
riiskop

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 01:00

Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. 313117-9-ha-ha-ha
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 10:22

^^^

lol

It is still usable (I can pupil with it, just not at the rate I want to be able to), and I can create more pupils than I can with my cable connection, but I can't run a script using it due to the way I have to force the IP change.

It's been cancelled. Just waiting for my MAC code to shift to a different ISP.

On the plus side, as I cancelled it within the 30 day cooling off period, it costs me nothing and the connection stays live until I shift to a new ISP.

So have free internet (and pupils) on it until the change.

Better than nothing I suppose.
Back to top Go down
kaixxpzs
kaixxpzs

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2009, 15:58

philippines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://demitia-300.mybrute.com
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2009, 13:25

Oh noes!

Now it REALLY sucks!

I've been able to create pupils using the new connection (which is being switched to a different ISP but still active until the switch is complete) up until now.

Not at a crazy fast dynamic IP rate, but it was OK. Better than my old conenction anyway.

But not any more.

Looks like I have gone round their IP range and it's put me back on one I had used already .... so no new XP giving pupils. Sad

What makes it even worse, is the way their DHCP server seems to work. I can still force an IP change, but each time I do it, it just goes up by 1 on the final block of numbers. It doesn't give me a totally random new one. Meaning .... even though I can still force the change, I keep getting "used" IP's. Sad Sad Sad

Dunno how long it will last for. Going to try leaving it off complete for a couple of days and see if it puts me somewhere different when I fire it all back up again.

Thank god for auto-fight scripts! If it wasn't for that, I'd come to a complete standstill!
Back to top Go down
ZenonMasturbator
ZenonMasturbator

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 15:26

I have router from today, but it has the same ip all the time... I don't know why... My ISP gave me router Thompson, model TCW710. Maybe onybody know why I have the same ip? I'm 100% sure that I should have dynamic ip...
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 15:51

Depends on the ISP, not the router.

You can have a dynamic IP, but it can be tied to a MAC address at the client end.

Strictly speaking, it IS a dynamic IP, but most people would term it a static one. It isn't. The best term for it is a "Sticky" IP.

Is just the router new? Or are you with a new ISP?

If it's the same ISP, was your IP dymanic before?

Just adding a router won't turn a static/sticky IP into a dynamic one ....

It's 99.9% down to how your ISP operate and 0.01% down to the hardware at your end ....
Back to top Go down
ZenonMasturbator
ZenonMasturbator

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 16:13

Omg.... So I can't make pupil with exp?
Back to top Go down
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 17:24

It depends.

What did you do? Change ISP or just get a router?

If you are resetting the router, and it doesn't change your IP ... then it's 95% likely you have a sticky IP.

It is still dynamic, just not *very* dynamic. You can still force it to change (probably), just not as easily as a VERY dynamic IP.
Back to top Go down
ZenonMasturbator
ZenonMasturbator

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 18:01

I just get a router in the same ISP. And when I reset it, my ip is still the same.... Ok, ty for help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.   Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, my new "dynamic" (pffft) IP officially sucks ass.
Page 1 of 1