My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Beginners FAQ

Go down 
+9
KiwiMan
BaekDooSan
Death Str1ke
Nepis
Jill Sandwich
fotum
kincaid
nE0-n1nja
heroinmonkey
13 posters
AuthorMessage
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:21

Mybrute.com - Starting Out
When users first join, they will be able to customize their Brute by changing their body and color. Then after creating the character, they are allowed to fight others. New users are allowed 6 fights in their first day and 3 for each day after that. To sign up, new users simply enter a brute name and hit "Validate". This brute, however, is public and anyone is free to use it to battle. A password can be added in the brute's cell page so that only the person who created can use it.

MyBrute Gameplay
Brutes gain experience and level up from fights. Each time they level they have a chance to increase one of their three stats strength, agility and speed. They also have a chance to gain a new weapon to use in battle, a new specialty, or a new pet.

There are a total of 28 specialties/supers a brute can gain every time they level up:
SUPER
: Skills that are activated at some point during a fight and have a duration and only activate once during a fight.
SPECIALTY
: Skills that give a passive effect for the entirety of every fight.

Herculean Strength SPECIALTY: With your strength, you are capable of moving mountains! But that moment has not yet come, you have an enemy to destroy.
This skill appears to raise your brute's Strength attribute by 4-5 points. (EDIT by Sioc: if x is the strength before getting Herculean Strength, then the strength after getting Herculean Strength is (x+3)*1.5)

Master of Arms : Thanks to your mastery with the knife, you are turning into a really dangerous individual causing serious problems to your enemy.
This skill appears to roughly double your brute's damage when wielding a weapon.

Martial Arts SPECIALTY: Your Chuck Norris course has paid off! Now you can put your feet where you want... and more often than not they'll be on your opponent's ugly...
This skill appears to roughly double your brute's unarmed damage.

Tornado of Blows SPECIALTY: ....and you hit hit hit, that's just your way of showing love! You're a mad torrent of misunderstood love. What madnessssss!
This skill appears to increase your brute's chance of landing consecutive hits.

Shield SPECIALTY: An armor. To stop the blows.....sometimes.
This skill appears to increase your brute's chance of blocking attacks.

Impact SPECIALTY: Your blows are so devastating that your opponent drops his weapon...Now you can show it off to your friends! What about that? Is it cool or what?
This skill appears to increase your brute's chance of forcing the opponent to drop its weapon/shield.

Survival SPECIALTY: Your years of fighting have made you invincible. Mortals blows have gained you one life point instead of knocking you out.
This skill appears to leave your brute at 1 HP the first time it would be knocked out, giving it 1 more chance to win.

Fierce Brute SUPER: Now you really are a true brute. More so than ever. You are more powerful and violent than ever in the fight.
This skill appears to briefly multiply your brute's raw damage output. ie make your brute's next attack a "critical hit."

Net SUPER: A classic net. Not as cool as Spiderman's, but it's good enough for your enemy... Your enemy will be immobilized until you feel like hitting him again.
This skill appears to immobilize any brute or pet caught in it until the caught enemy takes damage. Thus this skill is most effective if used to neutralize a pet, especially a bear.

Hammer SUPER: A catch technique consist of jumping with your enemy, and then falling on top of him.
This skill appears to slam your opponent with a piledriver move for alot of damage.

Hypnosis SUPER: Now, talking about your appeal to pets, absolutely nobody can rival you. They'd follow you to the ends of the earth. and that's a fact.
This skill appears to turn all the enemy brute's pets against them for your brute. The greatest dreaded bear counter and at the moment, possibly the only way to command 2 bears.

Bolt of Lightning SPECIALTY: You hit faster than your shadow and bite faster than your enemy.
This skill appears to raise your brute's Speed attribute by 4-5 points. (EDIT by Sioc: if x is the speed before getting Bolt of Lightning, then the speed after getting Bolt of Lightning is (x+3)*1.5)

Sixth Sense SPECIALTY: Your eagle-eyed vigilance allows you to anticipate your enemy's sneaky tricks. Now you can attack before he knows what hit him!
This skill appears to increase your brute's chance of interrupting your opponent's attacks with your own.

Extra-Thick Skin SPECIALTY: All the knocks you've taken have actually helped you develop. Your brute is the proud owner of a thicker and more resistant skin.
This skill appears to reduce the damage your brute takes in combat. Conclusive average damage reduction has yet to be determined.

Tragic Potion SUPER: Haaave a little sip of this. It could make you a bit drunk.. Hic...hic... This peach juice restores some of the energy you lost in the fight.
This skill appears to quickly heal roughly 1/4 of your brute's total hp in a fight.

Bomb SUPER: A bit like a water bomb, but more damaging!
This skill appears to toss a bomb that deals respectable damage to both opposing brutes and their pets.

Vitality SPECIALTY: Your life expectancy has risen! Now you will be able to resist longer in the arena.
This skill appears to raise your brute's hitpoints by 40-50. (EDIT by Sioc: if x is the health before getting Vitality, then the health after getting Vitality is (x+3)*1.5)

Pugnacious SPECIALTY: When you are in the arena, you're not really so ungrateful... When they strike a blow, you give it back... for free!
This skill appears to increase your brute's chance of landing an immediate counter-blow after receiving one, before the opponent returns to its end of the arena.

Sabotage SPECIALTY: You are the coolest kid on the block? You vandalize your enemy- smart move eh? Each blow allows you to destroy one of his weapons.

Strong Arms SPECIALTY: Thanks to your huge muscular biceps, you can wield heavy weapons. You are the Schwarzenegger of the mace!
This skill appears to roughly double your raw damage output with blunt-type weapons (mace, club, morningstar, etc).

Feline Agility SPECIALTY: You haven't even got a ball of string to pass the time with, but you can always thump the brute you have opposite you.
This skill appears to raise your brute's Agility attribute by 4-5 points. (EDIT by Sioc: if x is the agility before getting Feline Agility, then the agility after getting Feline Agility is (x+3)*1.5)

Armour SPECIALTY: This? Well, its a coat of armor. The idea is that you put it over your t-shirt so it doesn't get dirty. It also helps you resist blows.
This skill appears to reduce damage done to your brute by half or more.

Deluge SUPER: Walking around carrying 100 kilos of weapons is very tiring until you have found a very clever strategy of traveling light.
This skill appears to quickly throw 3 throwable, bladed weapons (knife/spear/axe) at the opposing brute. Note that this skill prevents those weapons from being used normally in the fight.

Thief SUPER: This skill allows you to discreetly steal your enemy's weapon and use it against him.
This skill appears to do exactly as described, except for the discreet part.

Immortal SPECIALTY: Your health has improved incredibly! You are making it really tough for your enemy to knock you out.

EDIT by Sioc: if HP, ST, AG, SP are the Health Points, Strength, Agility and Speed before getting Immortal respectively, then the Health Points, Strength, Agility and Speed after getting Immortal are HP*2.75, ST*0.75, AG*0.75, SP*0.75

Implacable SPECIALTY: When you strike a blow, it's always dead on target. Nobody can stop it. And certainly not your enemy. That's for sure.
This skill appears to decrease the chance your brute's opponent can block a given attack (by your brute, not a pet, it's assumed).

Untouchable SPECIALTY: You now avoid the blows easily. This is really annoying, especially for your enemy!
This skill appears to increase your brute's chance to dodge a given attack.

Cry of the Damned SUPER: Fierce beasts, what? Pfffff... You only need to give a bit of a roar... That'll soon make them run for their lives!
This skill appears to immediately cause an enemy pet to flee the fight. Immensely useful if used on the dreaded bear, of course.

Pets
Pets can be obtained but distribution is random.
Available Pets:
Dogs : Believed to have 14 HP.
Wolves : .
Bears : Believed to have 125 HP.

My Brute Ranking
Rankings are determined by how well you do in the tournament:

Rankings in order from best to worst
* Brutal Legend : Make it to the finals.
* Dentist of Chaos : Semifinals
* Satan's Biceps : Quarter-finals
* Sword Swallower : Be one of the final 8
* Hemoglobin : Final 16
* Beserk Soul : Final 32
* Vengeful Flame : Final 64
* Iron Fist : Final 128
* Richter Thumper : Final 256
* Sticking Plaster Ripper : One

MyBrute Weapons

Weapons make your brute’s attacks much more powerful. Some weapons make you attack often for small damage, some weapons miss a lot but deal a lot of damage, and some weapons do mediocre damage but hit often. You get weapons randomly when you level. So how good the weapon is is purely luck. Some are much better than others.

* Fan
Rating - 3 out of 10
Hits a few times for 5 damage. Can counterattack too.

* Leek
Rating 4 out of 10
Does alot of attacks but hits for only 5 damage each time.

* Tennis Racket
Rating - 6
Does below average damage, but always retaliates and sometimes blocks an attack.

* Knife
Rating 5 out of 10
Does below-average damage, but always hits and grants bonus attacks.

* Sai
Rating - 5 out of 10
A samurai-style knife that looks like the tip of a trident. Very similar to the traditional knife, but does a bit less damage.

* Keyboard
Rating - 5
Does multiple attacks doing average damage. Not too impressive!

* Ninja stars
Rating - 6 out of 10
Fires a volley of ninja stars at your opponent. Does average damage.

* Piopio
Rating - 5 out of 10
Throws something that looks like a bird to your opponent. A throwing weapon that hits for below-average damage.

* Baton
Rating - 5 out of 10
A simple stick that does low damage but sometimes blocks your opponent's attacks.

* Frying Pan
Rating - 5.5 out of 10
Does average damage and can block blows.

* Lance
Rating - 6.5 out of 10
A poking device. Does below average damage and sometimes retaliates your opponent's attacks.

* Broadsword
Rating - 6 out of 10
A standard sword. Does average damage, sometimes does more than 1 hit.

* Mammoth's Bone
Rating - 7 out of 10
A large bone. Does average damage. Overall a pretty solid starting weapon.

* Trident
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
Similar to the whip, sometimes does multiple attacks and retaliates your opponent's attacks for average damage.

* Whip
Rating 9 out of 10
Does average damage, and makes your character attack a LOT and retaliate your opponent’s attacks.

* Noodle Bowl
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
Throwing weapon. Does average damage and multiple attacks.

* Greatsword
Rating - 7 out of 10
Like the broadsword, but does a bit more damage and has a higher chance to miss.

* Hatchet
Rating - 7 out of 10
Does above average damage, hits most of the time, but doesn't do multiple attacks.

* Halberd
Rating - 6.5 out of 10
Does above average damage, retaliates sometimes and does multiple hits. Misses alot, unfortunately.

* Bumps
Rating - 7
A large wooden club. Does alot of damage, but misses alot too. Not very useful against high agility opponents.

* Iron Mace
Rating - 7.5 out of 10
Similar to the wooden variant, but it seems to be more accurate. Does loads of damage!

* Stone Hammer
Rating - 8 out of 10
Does even higher damage than the bumps and the iron mace, in exchange for a bit higher missrate.

* Trombone
Rating - 8
Does about above average damage per hit and often hits multiple times. Pretty good!

* Scourge
Rating - 9.5 out of 10
A flail. Definitely among the best weapons in the game. Does insane damage, and seems pretty accurate.

2010.06.06: EDIT by Sioc: updated figures for Herculean Strength, Feline Agility, Bolt of Lightning, Vitality and Immortal.

Last edited by heroinmonkey on Sat 18 Apr 2009, 21:04; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
nE0-n1nja
nE0-n1nja

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 13:46

Nice ^_^
Back to top Go down
kincaid

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 14:37

its a great help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fotum
fotum

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 17:46

nice guide, could use some improvement tho, such as highlights (colored text, etc)
Back to top Go down
https://mybrute.forumotion.com
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 18:19

A good guide, but try and make readers actually want to read it! Like Fotum said, colored text would be great. Some pictures would be nice :)
Don't make people come and say tl;dr
Back to top Go down
Nepis

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 18:47

umm well i can tell you right now that you stole this from somewhere else. you might want to credit them. . . .

http://grownupgeek.com/mybrute-guide-path-domination

but nice try?
Back to top Go down
Death Str1ke
Death Str1ke

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 18:59

Its good, but like on labrute, they have a graph, wity pics.
Its easier to understand and read, but it should be a group
Effort, seems like a a lot.

Last edited by Gem Star on Sat 18 Apr 2009, 20:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BaekDooSan

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 19:07

lol pawned xD

nice one Nepis. I would freeze if i copied pasted that lol

Anyways I would say nice try haha. And nice evidence Nepis
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 19:30

The FAQ has been one that has been floating around and interpreted in both french and spanish and appears on over 10,000 gaming sites and there is no one to credit as the origin of the base FAQ is unknown. However, I figured it would be a good addition to this up and coming forum.

Perhaps Nepis should try and get better research than just 'google'. Pwnage? You stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Nepis

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 19:35

rofl. i don't stand corrected. you didn't credit anyone therefore implying it is your work. maybe saying "i found this on this site" lol @ 10k gaming sites btw. but uhhh.... again . . .

nice try. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
heroinmonkey
VIP
VIP
heroinmonkey

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 20:07

What don't you get about there is no need or no one to credit as it is public domain and readily available on a multiple of sites. It's a good thing though there are people out there like you patrolling the internet... I feel much safer now when I browse the web.

Oh no, I used descriptions that are given directly from the mybrute game itself... you better call motion twin and start the riots...
Back to top Go down
Nepis

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 20:28

I will. and you know, im glad my service is appreciated. i love to troll, i really do seeing as this is the 2nd account of mine that i've had over 3 posts on. your right. :)

motion twin is speed dial #3. . . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fotum
fotum

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 21:45

ok, thats enough boys... this FAQ is very useful, i dont care whether he copy+paste it from somewhere, at least heroinmonkey give a damn about this forum and bring this valuable information here, so other might find it useful.
Back to top Go down
https://mybrute.forumotion.com
KiwiMan
Banned
Banned
KiwiMan

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 21:54

He did not say he wrote it at all..
If you copy and paste a guide its fine, if you know the name of the owner (person who wrote it) please give them credit.
Back to top Go down
http://frontlinegaming.co.cc
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr 2009, 21:58

KiwiMan wrote:
He did not say he wrote it at all..
If you copy and paste a guide its fine, if you know the name of the owner (person who wrote it) please give them credit.

He never said he didn't write it is the problem Wink
Copying and pasting a guide is fine as long as you make it clear that you did so, otherwise everyone will assume that you are saying you wrote it.
Anyway, this is a nice addition to the forum and I'm sure beginners and pros alike will find use for it.
Back to top Go down
phoneman

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009, 02:45

wee i got the best weapon the flail. :)
very helpfull
Back to top Go down
twistedspark
twistedspark

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 14:27

Nice list. Only two minor errors that I see. 1. Coffee Cup throwing weapon. I've got one. It's weak. 2. Piou-piouz is a character in a Twin-Motion game. He looks like a pig's head to me. lol
http://www.pioupiouz.com
I've got that one too. It works the same as shuriken.
Back to top Go down
Penstar
Penstar

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2009, 18:44

Really nice guide.

and it doesn't make my eyes bleed! (nice formatting)

:albino:
Back to top Go down
Kharnivor

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitimeWed 07 Oct 2009, 18:20

Have any of these estimations on damage or accuracy been updated?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beginners FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginners FAQ   Beginners FAQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginners FAQ
Page 1 of 1