My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Anime... Do you watch?

Go down 
+22
Sunshade
ALPHWON
Ajdija
Cowdude179
Aleodor121
suxess
silverx123
underestimated09
kenichiro
Kisuke
xGREEDx
CmIsUa
Luminous
Ultra SSJ Vegeta
Negative Zephyr
Stsin
mantis33
Jill Sandwich
redneck-giant99
BobTheBear
Death Str1ke
CaptainNintendo
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime... Do you watch, or?
Yes
Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_lcap61%Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 61% [ 20 ]
No
Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 6 ]
Ani-What?
Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Manga :)
Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Stsin
Stsin

Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 08:20

Kisuke wrote:
Watching Prince of Tennis now. episode 43

If you like Prince of Tennis, have you seen Hikaru no Go and Hajime no Ippo? They are among my favorites and are must see. Hikaru no Go is about the game of Go. But don't let that scare you off. It has some of the best character developements of any series, and the world of professional Go is amazing. Hajime is about pro boxing, but often very hilarious.

I just love competition series, like I'm watching Saki right now. It's about female mahjong high school tournaments. The one guy in the series has to be the unluckiest guy in the world, even though surrounded by women.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 09:17

what is game of go? never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 11:56

Think of chess, but much more complicated with a vast more number of possibilities. Probably seen it in movies, like Pi and The Beautiful Mind, and thought it was othello or the like. While there are computers that beat pros in chess, the most they can do with Go is win at an intermediate level. Go is considered the most complex game in the world.

In the anime, you'll see those as young as 14 becoming Pro, then dropping school since they are set in their career. In China, Pros (kids and adults) living in the same dormitories apart from family. Koreans have schools just on Go, like the Cram schools in Japan. And the process of becoming a Pro: You don't just choose to be, but have to be in the top 3 of a long pro exam tourney (which needs qualifications to enter), which I think is held only once or twice per year.
Back to top Go down
masterencore
masterencore

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 14:00

blood plus, hellsing, elfen lied, ergo proxy =D
akira

edit: death note of course
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 23:56

Stsin wrote:
Think of chess, but much more complicated with a vast more number of possibilities. Probably seen it in movies, like Pi and The Beautiful Mind, and thought it was othello or the like. While there are computers that beat pros in chess, the most they can do with Go is win at an intermediate level. Go is considered the most complex game in the world.

In the anime, you'll see those as young as 14 becoming Pro, then dropping school since they are set in their career. In China, Pros (kids and adults) living in the same dormitories apart from family. Koreans have schools just on Go, like the Cram schools in Japan. And the process of becoming a Pro: You don't just choose to be, but have to be in the top 3 of a long pro exam tourney (which needs qualifications to enter), which I think is held only once or twice per year.

does it have comedy? or just a serious anime? sounds like a serious one, its a mental game.
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 06:26

It's not all serious as my description of Go, though it does have it's moments. And plenty of comedy, but don't expect added slap stick relief. It's really enjoyable and you'll be hooked to the end, wishing there was more. Just watch it. It's fairly old animation, but the story is that great :)

masterencore wrote:
edit: death note of course
People say that Code Geass is like Death Note. I don't totally agree. Just that the main character is also an anti-hero, with an abundance of masterminding. But give Code Geass a chance if you like Death Note, if haven't already.

All Hail Lelouch!

My favorite Death Note AMV:
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 08:54

ill finish PoT first :)
Back to top Go down
kenichiro
kenichiro

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Oct 2009, 13:30

I have over two terabytes of anime. I've watched most of them, except for a lot of the mecha style series. Not my preference.

I'm currently reading the following mangas: Naruto, Bleach, Claymore, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and Hajime no Ippo.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Oct 2009, 10:31

anime is better than manga IMO, i laugh more on anime. because you see the action animating but manga is good too because you get complete information and no fillers
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 09:55

I usually pick up the manga after watching the anime. Especially if they stray far from it. Like, why did they mess up the end of Claymore? Or completely change Kurokami?

Light novels that I quite enjoy is the BoogiePop series. And I'll eventually read Haruhi Suzumiya after the anime. Don't want to spoil.

btw, one of my fav MEP AMVs:

Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 10:41

o.O you make amvs

on fma brotherhood u dont need to read the manga :)
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2009, 10:50

Kisuke wrote:
o.O you make amvs

on fma brotherhood u dont need to read the manga :)

No, that's not my AMV. I just really like it. It's a Multi Editor Project (MEP) from France.

I haven't got around to watching the new FMA series. Haven't kept up with the latest as much since MyBrute.
Back to top Go down
underestimated09
underestimated09

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 05:40

yea kenshin is a TRUE hero ^^
Back to top Go down
Gavy™
Gavy™

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 16:29

kenshin???! Samurai X? anyone of you watch MAjor?
Back to top Go down
CaptainNintendo
CaptainNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 16:35

Just starting to re-watch Macross. (Robotech)
Back to top Go down
underestimated09
underestimated09

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2009, 17:18

gaviel wrote:
kenshin???! Samurai X? anyone of you watch MAjor?

Yea but samurai x is the homo american name for Kenshin. The "samurai x" mini series is merely the prequel to the proper Kenshin series....as u see in the samurai x movies, Kenshin is a cold blooded killer....and the strongest one of all, at that!....but then the Kenshin series is about how the meiji war is over and Kenshin has realised his sins and vowels never to kill again, and to protect the weak. And so he goes thru and smashes every strong and murderous enemy by fighting with his sword turned held backwards( blade side facing him) never killing any of them and blah blah ....No one can beat Kenshin!! (except his maSter =D )

i say his sense of justice is the strongest of ALL anime characters!! it is impossible to watch his tale and then disagree =D
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 01:04

Most I know prefer the OVAs and skip the series. But I've quite enjoyed the series and it's nice seeing someone talk good about it.

I like all of it. Kenshin to save as many lives as he took, and to try without taking another life again. His Master stopped teaching him when joined the war against his wishes. No matter which side of the war, the individuals are still good people. Like the person he killed that put the first scar on his face was no extraordinary swordsman, but due to his will to stay alive to return to his newly engaged girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2009, 22:54

whats the difference of ovas and the series. never watched an OVA before
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Oct 2009, 13:01

Basically, released straight to video. While here in the states, OVAs often means not good enough for theatres or TV. With Anime, it usually means much better animation, without the time constraints imposed by deadlines of a TV series. And some OVAs are released along the televised series to please the fans.

Karas is an OVA that I really enjoyed:

The longest running OVAs is probably Legend of the Galactic Heroes. At over 110 episodes, it's truly an epic space opera. And that's not counting the prequel and side stories.

Oh, as for the difference between the Kenshin OVAs and series. The first set is a prelude to the series, while the second is the ending. With some of the series in it. I feel one has to watch the series to fully appreciate the OVAs, since some it may be too rushed without the time for the character development for some of the main characters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime... Do you watch?   Anime... Do you watch? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime... Do you watch?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3