Advanced Question about agility and speed Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Advanced Question about agility and speed

Go down 
+3
Vox Dei
ALPHWON
Negative Zephyr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

Advanced Question about agility and speed Empty
PostSubject: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 14:02

As Far as I know, Agility affects Evasion and Accuracy..

Well, But Something Bothered me while fighting with Robby's BaileyPussyFuck and Harpyieklein's cgmjjndj...

Status at level 150:
BPF:
Agility : 133
Speed: 23

cgmjjndj at level 150:
Agility: 132
Speed: 36

They almost always attack me more than twice in a turn even with Slow and Heavy Weapons like Stone Hammer armed..
Agility seems to affect multi-hit also....

Seems that The speed is only for getting turns. High Speed = More Turns.
Like in Final Fantasy, You will attack more than once a turn when you have status "Haste".

On a second Thought, OK, they got Tornado of Blows.
But They multi-hitted me almost always... But Tornado of Blows says that "There is only chance ........." to get the multi-hit ....

2 Questions:
Does Agility also Affect multi-hit?
Does Agility also Increases chance of some skills that has a chance like Impact, Hypnosis, or even Tornado of Blows, 6th sense, etc.... to be used..?
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 14:07

according to my little brother speed is for 'turns' as you said and agility is for multi-hitting and dodging
Of course it may have an impact on other skills, like strength on deluge, but honestly i don't know
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 18:17

From what I've seen in simulated fights I'd say all stats are good to have, but their importance differs: Agility is the most important, Strength comes as a close second, Speed comes as distant third.

Agility, cause it increases the chance to evade and the chance to hit (I'm also under the impression that it improves multi-hitting chance like you mentioned, but I'm not sure).

Strength, mainly cause it increases damage.

Speed is trickier. Having twice the speed of your opponent doesn't automatically get you an extra turn. Speed does get you an extra turn but only after a good number of rounds. Problem, is most fights will be over long before that happens. Fast weapons like knife and sai seem to get extra turns way faster than having high speed. However, there are exceptions. The brute with highest speed usually has advantage in close fights that take longer than usual. So, speed is not completely useless. It's just that agility and strength have an immediate visible effect on the fight outcome, whereas speed needs time to take effect.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:03

well yes, i thought that the ability "tornado of blows" would belong to the main ability "bolt of lightening" too, but some simulations told me, i was wrong.

you can test it with iluma441 < lvl 90 with hyper-agility & without tornado of blows, he is multi-hitting very often.

ilumatest (in this case with club & fist - trident, sai & knife are multihit weapons anyway)

so speed indeed increases only the amount of turns.

as to your second question, it's a clear no, it doesn't affect them, i don't get them very often..
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:17

What I've seen with speed is that there is a higher chance to counter attack with high speed...
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:18

Speed doesn't seem to have much affect at the start.

But, once the opponents start wielding slow weapons, the effect becomes pronounced. And the advantage will increase in battles past 200 with high strength implacable brutes.

http://stsin-vi.mybrute.com/fight/782196587

I dislike it when she wields a slow weapon.... even though they hit hard. She does best when using only her fists.

Another brute, Stsin, doesn't have tornado of blows, but her high quickness seems to give her many blows. Then there are times only one.

I sometimes suspect that the brute's level gets factored in the performance of a brute's abilities, than just stat alone.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:21

Stsin wrote:
http://stsin-vi.mybrute.com/fight/782196587

See, I'm pretty sure his high speed caused him to be able to counter your wolf.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:40

the problem is factor luck, you can't say which ability has been responsible for an action since every brute has some stats to affect it...

since iluma441 has a very low speed @lvl 90 and no tornado of blows, the multi-hits should come from agility.

but we should test a hyper speed brute with very low agility & no tornado of blows. does anyone have such a brute preferable @ higher level?
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:47

i have a super speed brute:

http://05011985.mybrute.com/cellule - he gets tornado of blows somewhere between 47 and 90 though, so you would have to test him before he gets it.
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 19:58

thx @rob...

this should make it clear, many multihits from iluma @high agility & not a single one from 05011985 @high speed except with multi-hit weapons trident (not often enough) & shuriken.

http://oontack.fr/brutes/combats/index.php?brute_1=05011985&langue_1=mybrute&langue_2=mybrute&brute_2=iluma441&niveau_1=72&niveau_2=72&seed=
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 00:07

So, what's the consensus? Agility affects multi-hit (tornado of blows) and speed affects counter (6th sense, pugnacious)?

@ harpy: iluma is starting to look nice Razz
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 00:17

Vox Dei wrote:
So, what's the consensus? Agility affects multi-hit (tornado of blows) and speed affects counter (6th sense, pugnacious)?

@ harpy: iluma is starting to look nice Razz

It seems speed affects how much time it takes for it to be your brute's turn.
Which means, if you have a lot more speed than your opponent, you should get a double turn. Sometimes the double turn is made to look like a counter attack, eg. You attack and run back, then your opponent attempts to attack but you attack them before they you. (Counter)
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 00:22

Ah, I thought only running towards opponent counted as a turn.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 00:28

Remember, this is just me theorizing.
Running to an opponent does count as a turn, but maybe that turn is either intercepted or not depending on the brute's speed (Counter) or evaded depending on the brute's agility? (Dodge)
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 00:42

hmm I see. It does make sense if it works the way you described.

1st step - agility could be used to perform a dodge check. If yes, then dodge/if no, then move to 2nd step - speed could be used to perform a counter check. If yes, then counter/ if no, then take damage.

Ofc this is just me theorizing too, and oversimplifying, but it does make sense, cause the 1st step would be performed much more often than the 2nd and we all seem to agree that agility has a larger impact than speed in-game.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 00:52

Yeah, I think that's about right and no I don't think you're oversimplifying it at all.
Programming is pretty simple if you think about it logically and MyBrute is a game that is all about a bunch of random stat consideration :)
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 01:14

'Oversimplifying' cause I left block and auto-hit skills out :)
Back to top Go down
Negative Zephyr
Negative Zephyr

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Sep 2009, 12:22

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Remember, this is just me theorizing.
Running to an opponent does count as a turn, but maybe that turn is either intercepted or not depending on the brute's speed (Counter) or evaded depending on the brute's agility? (Dodge)
So, This means You say that Speed and Agility doesn't stack...
Seems they cancel their effects each other while they are trying performing counter or dodge....

Having Agility seems like having a great strength...
1 attack from strength (Huge Damage) = 1 attack from agility (Multi-hit with small damage)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advanced Question about agility and speed   Advanced Question about agility and speed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advanced Question about agility and speed
Page 1 of 1