My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD

Go down 
+20
mansi
HongKongFui
harpyieklein
Suiseiseki
rima-mano
Negative Zephyr
Aylove
xGREEDx
Biceuri®
Aleodor121
vollaufdienuesse
ALPHWON
Maccaz
Neutrino
The Dice Man
S4nt0S
Stsin
Permidox
Rippraff
Luminous
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Luminous
admin
admin
Luminous

128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 20:27

I'm currently working on the tournament structure and rules and need your input. Should we allow 2 days for round 1 matches to be posted before disqualification? Round 1 has the most matches to get through so giving it more time would make sense.
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 20:36

most matches yes, but for every match 2 potential posters, why shouldn't one day be enough?
Back to top Go down
Luminous
admin
admin
Luminous

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 20:41

... because one of my rule is that everyone has to post their matches for every round. If you don't post your matches, you will be DQed regardless of the match result. So even if you would have won, if you don't show up for the fight, you get DQed and your opponent automatically moves on. :)
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 20:47

A full 24 hours is probably enough time for round 1. Is there a distinction made between posting your matches and just confirming them? I didn't think so, but just to be clear about it.

BTW, I must be looking at the wrong version(s) of the entry list. Which one is updated and alphabetised?
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 20:49

everyone? you mean anyone of the fighting-pair posts the fights & the other one has to confirm?
and round 1 is just 2 matches, 5 fights each, one for the upper & one for the lower bracket?

if so, there's no difference if there are 12 or 64 participants, concerning the effort for each user...
Back to top Go down
Luminous
admin
admin
Luminous

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 20:57

@Dice Man: check my post on pg. 3, 4 posts up from the bottom. It's in spoilers.

@Harpy: No upper and lower bracket. This is a single elimination tourney just broken into 2 divisions. And yes, everyone either has to post their matches or confirm it. If the loser posts the match and the winner doesn't confirm it by the end of the round, the "winner" will be DQed and the loser moves on.

Ok, seems keeping it 1 day per round is fine then. I'm just afraid there's going to be a lot of disqualifications going on tomorrow. lol.
Back to top Go down
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 21:01

lol sounds alright to me
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 21:02

...two divisions spitting out 2 final opponents. for sure single elimination, i just didn't make a difference between bracket & division Wink

and well...if one day isn't enough to confirm just 2 matches then sorry, that user deserves to be dq'd. it's only about catching all timezones & that's done with one day.
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 21:08

Luminous wrote:

Ok, seems keeping it 1 day per round is fine then. I'm just afraid there's going to be a lot of disqualifications going on tomorrow. lol.

Maybe allow yourself some freedom in your rules for day 1 and state something like: "Round 1 may be extended to 48 hours at the discretion of the Tournament Director" (you :-) That would allow you to check and see just how many DQ's you would have to do and extend things if necessary. Since this size tournament is new, I doubt anybody will be too upset by an 'escape clause' rule like the one I suggested. It's not ideal to have rules like this of course Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 00:38

24h is enough for all i think and if, for some reason people can't access the net for the weekend they'll pm someone about it like it's always been

seeds seeds seeds seeds seeds seeds seeds Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD   128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

128 Brutes Redraw Tourney - DISCUSSION THREAD
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3