My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

New theme - Our opinions

Go down 
+12
Kisuke
Jill Sandwich
moyjoy123
A Dip O Sitas
Maccaz
FlamingToaster
ESCGoat
Cowdude179
slyder
justinjg
Luminous
Ajdija
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like new theme more than previous one?
Yes
New theme - Our opinions Vote_lcap55%New theme - Our opinions Vote_rcap
 55% [ 18 ]
No
New theme - Our opinions Vote_lcap33%New theme - Our opinions Vote_rcap
 33% [ 11 ]
I don't care about
New theme - Our opinions Vote_lcap12%New theme - Our opinions Vote_rcap
 12% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

New theme - Our opinions Empty
PostSubject: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 19:06

We got here totally new design, theme and that all...
For me it means more difficulities during exploring forum and really makes me nervous.
The upper logo sometimes do not show or just show only that " Grim Arena" logo, sometimes it turns into horrible efect and is unable to click. Also that images saying "My brute" in the background ends badly before logo starts (probably it's unfixable or just a bit hard) but it looks horrible.

What I like? Quotes color and overall forum categories colors, new buttons similar to Mybrute game design, Generally I feel that it's easier to read posts.

Personally I would like to turn back into old user-friendly theme, but unfortunatly I don't see any option in User panel.

I want to know your opinions. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ajdija.com
Luminous
admin
admin
Luminous

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 19:24

Good idea Ajdija. :) ... although I'm not sure if turning it back to the old forum theme is an option. Razz

It's best if we can work on improving the current theme.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about it as well but keep in mind, it's a work in progress. We still have to replace the ugly icons/buttons. And the logo problem was just a little testing that was being done to see if we can make rotating ads. The top banner won't actually be rotating. The testing is done now.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 19:38

Ajdija wrote:
We got here totally new design, theme and that all...
The upper logo sometimes do not show or just show only that " Grim Arena" logo, sometimes it turns into horrible efect and is unable to click. Also that images saying "My brute" in the background ends badly before logo starts (probably it's unfixable or just a bit hard) but it looks horrible.

We were working on getting the random images to work properly while you were looking at it, this problem should be resolved. The background Image can be turned back to black w/o an image. Unfortunately you will have that Quick ending before the ad/banners show up, because that's just the way this website is coded internally by forumotion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimarena.com
slyder
slyder

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 20:13

Yeah, I like this one more then the old one.
Back to top Go down
Cowdude179
Cowdude179

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 21:01

Agreed. I like this one more than the old one because it adds a bit more "energy" to the forum Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdfdffff.mybrute.com
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 21:46

ugh adverts ;(

here is how to disable all of them:

Step by step:
(0. Download and install firefox web browser [link])
1. Download addon called " Add Block Plus " (ABP)
([Download])
2. Instal, run addon and restart firefox.
3. Now you can easily block every advert. Just click on "block' button in right-up corner of add. Then confirm you want to block that advert. (or right click and choose "Block image")
4. Here you're !
Back to top Go down
ESCGoat

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 22:19

Ajdija wrote:
ugh adverts ;(

here is how to disable all of them:

Step by step:
(0. Download and install firefox web browser [link])
1. Download addon called " Add Block Plus " (ABP)
([Download])
2. Instal, run addon and restart firefox.
3. Now you can easily block every advert. Just click on "block' button in right-up corner of add. Then confirm you want to block that advert. (or right click and choose "Block image")
4. Here you're !

You mean there are people that don't use ABP? hehe. Seriously, I forget how incredibly awful the web looks sometimes until I open things up in a browser that doesn't have some form of blocking set up. NoScript, Greasemonkey, and Stylish also help the cause (keeping things somewhat legible and clean) amongst other plugins. However, there's a difference between relevant advertising (usually done best in niche magazines... heck I used to buy Computer Shopper magazine to look at the ads when I was younger) and completely ridiculous "contextual' advertising by the likes of the evil Google and those horrendous companies that put out scripts to cause advertisement popups when you mouse over seemingly arbitrary words, heh. So there is a proper place for properly done advertising that makes sense but having said that, 99.9% of web ads are decidedly not of that variety and annoy the heck out of me.

Thanks for reminding me though... I've been meaning to block that awful advertisement in your sig. Razz

esc-g
Back to top Go down
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 01:31

Adblock Plus is simply the best. It's so funny i just blocked that ad for grim arena and then i scroll down the page and ajdija wrote somthing about abp.
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 02:05

I use ABP and I like this theme better, in fact I can not even remember what the old one looks like.
Back to top Go down
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 06:19

i do, it was mainly black. so this one is a bit better but in need of improvements.
Back to top Go down
A Dip O Sitas
A Dip O Sitas

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 08:33

as I already said before:
I liked the old theme... it was more unique like the new one.
But I already habituated with the new style^^

btw: what happended to the BL favicon?? is it gone?
Back to top Go down
http://DiPoBruTE.mybrute.com
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 08:37

A Dip O Sitas wrote:

Nope, it is still there >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moyjoy123
moyjoy123

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 10:17

yeah where is the icon cause i cant see it
Back to top Go down
http://giwoki.mybrute.com/
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 15:24

Nice to hear that logo issues won't happen anymore =]

10:6:1
for now
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 17:47

FlamingToaster wrote:
i do, it was mainly black. so this one is a bit better but in need of improvements.

Yeah, this theme definitely could use some cleaning up.

Last edited by Jill Sandwich on Mon 28 Sep 2009, 01:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 00:37

the bl favicon is gone.. i see the old one
Back to top Go down
Maccaz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Maccaz

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 00:41

Maccaz wrote:
A Dip O Sitas wrote:

Nope, it is still there Very Happy

Well, it is gone again.
Back to top Go down
redneck-giant99
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
redneck-giant99

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 00:46

yep... its gone on my computer as well
Back to top Go down
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 03:32

the red paper looks ugly
Back to top Go down
Luminous
admin
admin
Luminous

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 03:37

Yeah, I think we're going to have to come up with a new one. I don't like that one either. Bare with me here while we make some changes with the icons/buttons. Give me your input as you see new changes. :)

BTW, the BL favicon is gone because it's not where it was hosted anymore. I don't have a copy of it save so I'll have to ask timodean for one tomorrow. It should be up again later on.
Back to top Go down
FlamingToaster
FlamingToaster

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeMon 28 Sep 2009, 09:27

i'll go and get the favicon and post the link in here for you lumi.
EDIT: wait i get what your saying, so it's nowhere on the forum at all cause all i was gonna do is save the image and upload it again.
Back to top Go down
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 16:37

13:7:3
it looks bad :O lot of votes as "No" it surprised me, I though it would be ~~20:5:1
it seems new theme isn't much better but people still like it more than previous as 2:1 and only few don't care about =]

I really hope that one become better and better with time, I guess for start remove that ugly logo in the background.
Back to top Go down
mybrutegame
mybrutegame

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 17:09

I think it looks good! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybrutegame.com/
Kisuke
Kisuke

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 23:46

the favicon doesnt show when not logged in
Back to top Go down
timodean
VIP
VIP
timodean

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2009, 01:07

I finished the icon/button stuff so it's looks better now..thx for the patience boys and girls Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.decostudio.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New theme - Our opinions   New theme - Our opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New theme - Our opinions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next