My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500

Go down 
+13
Subman(R)
Cowdude179
S4nt0S
Rippraff
vollaufdienuesse
ALPHWON
HongKongFui
harpyieklein
underestimated09
Reminisce
gooberbm
Yaboirobby
The Dice Man
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Empty
PostSubject: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 01:47

I would like to host a tournament, but I can't offer any prizes of note. So if we are to have some prizes I'm looking for donations.

Tournament Format

Each player is to field a team of 3 brutes each of whom have a different main characteristic. The theme is to have one brute which is about agility, one that is more about strength than just agility and a brute that has HP as it's key component. Each brute would have 2 fights with every member of the opposing team (18 fights in total) and the winner each round will be based on who wins the most points.

Immortal vs Immortal, 1 point for a win
Strength vs Strength, 1 point for a win
Agility vs Agility, 1 point for a win
All other combinations, 2 points for a win
A loss scores 0 points

Just to be really clear on the scoring:

Immortal v Immortal -1 point
Immortal v Immortal -1 point

Agility v Agility -1 point
Agility v Agility -1 point

Strength v Strength -1 point
Strength v Strength -1point

Immortal v Strength -2 points
Immortal v Strength -2 points

Immortal v Agility -2 points
Immortal v Agility -2 points

Strength v Agility -2 points
Strength v Agility -2 points

etc, etc

There are 18 possible combinations (each brute you own gets to fight 6 times), so I hope everyone gets the idea.

Rounds would be out of 30 points (6 fights at 1 point each add 12 fights worth 2 points each). This will reduce the chance of needing any tie-breaker fights and emphasises the fights where different types of brutes do battle.

If we have a 15-15 points tie after 18 fights then a best of 3 match-up between a brute from each team will decide the contest. So you could be up for 21 fights in one round.

Brute Selection:

Agility: Agility of 300 or greater at level 500.
Strength: Strength of 300 or greater at level 500.
HP: Hp above 3000 or greater at level 500.

Tiebreaker: A 15-15 points tie will be decided by the "tie-breaker" brutes. At the start of the competition each player will nominate one of their brutes to be in a tie-break, if necessary.

Brutes should have a password or you need to show that you created the brute (eg. pupil of a brute you do have a password for).

Entries limited to a field of 16.

cheers TDM

Last edited by The Dice Man on Tue 20 Oct 2009, 04:53; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 02:00

I think you should make the strength section 300+ at 500 too so that you do not get brutes with minimal strength and a load of agility to go along with the strength. That kinds of defeats the purpose of having a strength section if you also have strength/agility brutes in that section.
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 02:14

Yaboirobby wrote:
I think you should make the strength section 300+ at 500 too so that you do not get brutes with minimal strength and a load of agility to go along with the strength. That kinds of defeats the purpose of having a strength section if you also have strength/agility brutes in that section.

Yes, 300+ was my original number too. What I didn't like about it was that many fine brutes that you would not call "agility" brutes like PerfectLuminous, chinskillz, Vortex maria, omnislash33, Fynca Wink , etc would not qualify for a tournament like this. I thought of having another category for these more balanced type of brutes, but the teams would get too big I think. We could get rid of the Immortals to make room, but that would be a shame.

Thanks for the feedback Robby.
Back to top Go down
gooberbm
gooberbm

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 02:21

well if the point is to make the tournament strength vs. agility vs. HP then it doesn't make sense to bend the rules so that it's strength + sorta agility vs. agility vs. HP right? It just makes more sense to go ahead and do it the way you originally proposed if the point is to see the contrasts. I'm sure everyone here can field a full team even if some of their favorites have to sit a tournament out
Back to top Go down
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 02:32

sounds very interesting, I like the idea
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 02:37

gooberbm wrote:
well if the point is to make the tournament strength vs. agility vs. HP then it doesn't make sense to bend the rules so that it's strength + sorta agility vs. agility vs. HP right? It just makes more sense to go ahead and do it the way you originally proposed if the point is to see the contrasts. I'm sure everyone here can field a full team even if some of their favorites have to sit a tournament out

Yes, seeing the contrasts is thematic to this tournament idea. If we did make it a straightforward 300+ on strength we might see a whole lot of brutes that we usually don't use much too. I could give Fynca a rest for this one, he loses too often anyway Bounce

Let's see what others think first. Thanks gooberbm.
Back to top Go down
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 02:56

sorry i don't really have a simulator right now and it's TM (i think) but ~300 at level 500 is about how much at level 200?
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 03:09

Reminisce wrote:
sorry i don't really have a simulator right now and it's TM (i think) but ~300 at level 500 is about how much at level 200?

I can't check it for sure either. It will vary quite a bit of course and without checking quite a few brutes I think you would need 130-135+ at level 200. That is high, but not "hyper".
Back to top Go down
underestimated09
underestimated09

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 03:29

ill join ^^....playing mybrute is a reward in itsself for me =o
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 03:38

The Dice Man wrote:
This is only a proposal as yet, so don't get carried away with sign-ups yet please.

underestimated09 wrote:

READ PEOPLE..... READ!!
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 03:44

hmm another thing, is why not include the 4th stat speed if you're going to include the other 3?
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 04:01

Reminisce wrote:
hmm another thing, is why not include the 4th stat speed if you're going to include the other 3?

With agility, strength, speed and hp categories I think we would have to limit the fights to 1 each against each of the other team; 16 fights. Two fights each would be 32 fights in total and that is getting out of hand IMO. Do we learn much by including a speed brute? Perhaps I just haven't experimented enough with simulations, but every time I have tried out a speed brute (vs anything even half decent) it nearly always loses.

I was prepared to forsake the speed brute because of this.
Back to top Go down
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 04:20

i see I don't have anything resembling a speed brute anyway Razz

anyway I think the initial way you have it with 18 fights is pretty good, 27 required fights for each matchup is kinda pushing it
Back to top Go down
The Dice Man
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
The Dice Man

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 05:22

Reminisce wrote:
i see I don't have anything resembling a speed brute anyway Razz

anyway I think the initial way you have it with 18 fights is pretty good, 27 required fights for each matchup is kinda pushing it

So 18 fights with the possibility of 3 more required in a tie break is ok for everyone? Allow one day per round, or is two much more comfortable?

Also, 2000 hp might be too low. Maybe 2300 would be better.
Back to top Go down
underestimated09
underestimated09

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 10:12

Yaboirobby wrote:
The Dice Man wrote:
This is only a proposal as yet, so don't get carried away with sign-ups yet please.

underestimated09 wrote:

READ PEOPLE..... READ!!

i know i know...i mean that if you start it up ill join. You need ppl like me to say things like that so that your able to count up the ppl that are def interested so that you got an idea wether it will even take off or not after all your hard planning, is all =P
Back to top Go down
harpyieklein

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 10:16

the two arch-enemies facing each other, i like this idea, had that style back then when illmove & crator were fighting in the official tourney Wink
Back to top Go down
gooberbm
gooberbm

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 14:47

in terms of the strength brutes how about something like this: 200+ str points at level 500 but a cap on agility of something between 100-150 (your choice) so that it would be a distinction between agility + strength brute and a pure strength brute? Just a thought
Back to top Go down
HongKongFui
HongKongFui

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 14:56

when it comes to sign- ins, I will be in the game too...of course!
sounds like an interesting idea and I either think we can sort out that speed-brutes..
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 16:39

Count me in!

It might be fun cheers

Sounds great the idea
it's everything but 'speedies' right? (speed alone doesn't do much anyways)

Off to pick my immortals and brute-brutes lol!
Back to top Go down
Reminisce
Reminisce

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 17:16

you upped the strength requirement to 300 right? Cause 200 is pretty low, that's basically like ~100 @ lvl 200, which means there wouldn't be very much high level strength brutes but a lot of strength + agility balanced brutes
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 17:25

300+ strengh
300+ agility
300+ speed
2500+ health

would be nice

id join :>
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 19:27

vollaufdienuesse wrote:
300+ strengh
300+ agility
300+ speed
2500+ health

Agreed! but i believe there will be no speed brutes so the '300+ speed' won't matter Wink
Back to top Go down
vollaufdienuesse
vollaufdienuesse

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 20:30

ok just to show you one hyperspeed brute:

http://schma029.mybrute.com/cellule

they exist Wink
Back to top Go down
gooberbm
gooberbm

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 21:09

vollaufdienuesse wrote:

they exist Wink

it's not that anyone doubts their existence...it's that nobody cares

just saying :afro: geek
Back to top Go down
ALPHWON
ALPHWON

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2009, 21:18

vollaufdienuesse wrote:

they exist Wink

I know they do exist lol All i'm saying is that speed alone won't do much and
gooberbm wrote:
it's not that anyone doubts their existence...it's that nobody cares
geek

EDIT: also most of my brutes are speedies or hp monsters
EDIT2:
ALPHWON wrote:
Agreed! but i believe there will be no speed brutes...
attending this tourney

Sorry about that apparently it was just a misunderstand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500   Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Agility vs Strength vs HP Tournament at level 500
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next