My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!

Go down 
+41
Cowdude179
urallus
MaximilianKohler
suxess
Bruzaholman
xGREEDx
alex_abc
Yaboirobby
got2ball
beatmedude
cuilt
Void
Kal-el-oh-el
Anylopectina12
gbpackers32
dicklips7
Rygl
Kisuke
4i4mitko
AdZoR
kaixxpzs
arkh
TeL
mr_evolution
Demon-Of-Lore
XXXUnrated
roymustang67
aub
KiwiMan
Showstopper
mantis33
rockhunter75
Gal
ronga
Engeljosh
stvman
LB DyAbLo
fotum
Jazz™
Battery
justinjg
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Empty
PostSubject: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 18:31

Hello My name is Justin Gaughan, and I'm the original co-founder of www.mmorpg.com, and also the president of Nemesis Studios Entertainment, LLC. I have currently began my next venture which will come in direction competition to Mybrute.com.

With that said, I am very interested to hear what the members at this website like, and dislike about Mybrute.com. Also, any suggestions that we could add to our production that could help set us apart from Mybrute.com.

Also, I have been trying to reach a high level on mybrute.com quickly to learn the end game, but refuse to use a "bot application", as it's within our goal to prevent bots 100%, and we will. So with that said, since it will not be feasible for my account to hit such a number in the time I will need it to happen. Can anyone help us understand what the game offers as far as high level content?

Your information is highly appreciated, and will not go unnoticed.

I have noted everything in this suggestion forum so far!

Also, please keep your mind on www.grimarena.com for updated concepts every few days, because the concept art will change periodically just for fun. Let us know what you think of our concepts as we move forward to, and no our game will not be anime, or chibi or fantasy, it's a mix of everything. :)

Last edited by justinjg on Wed 02 Sep 2009, 16:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.grimarena.com
Battery

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 19:33

Can't tell what your brute should do.
Randomness of the game.
How you can only fight 3 times per day.
Some weapons are extremely imbalanced for beginner accounts.
You can't choose what brute gains.

Lots more, just too lazy to post.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2009, 20:02

Battery wrote:
Can't tell what your brute should do.
Randomness of the game.
How you can only fight 3 times per day.
Some weapons are extremely imbalanced for beginner accounts.
You can't choose what brute gains.

Lots more, just too lazy to post.

So all of your dislikes pretty much come down to the inability to have control over your statistics, and choices during battle like choosing attacks, or which weapons to use, etc. You would also like to be able to spend much more time than 5 minutes fighting 3 brutes a day in game.

These are good suggestions, and you should be happy to know that we've covered all of these issues so far.

Are there any other suggestions, concerns? :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 01:16

ill share my story

first time i play my brute .. when on the init page it was so cool.. and specially when my first time or my first brute it has a puppy *sweet

so i really enjoy my brute much

yeah i dont like bots too but well i cant blame them these makers are very good ^^

Welcome aboard man
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jazzy052
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 01:51

LilJazzY052 wrote:
ill share my story

first time i play my brute .. when on the init page it was so cool.. and specially when my first time or my first brute it has a puppy *sweet

so i really enjoy my brute much

yeah i dont like bots too but well i cant blame them these makers are very good ^^

Welcome aboard man

We have a method for restricting any bots from working correctly.
Back to top Go down
fotum
fotum

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 02:49

hi justin, welcome to the forum. i hope you can find this forum useful for your grimarena.com :)

keep us posted about the game, im sure everyone will be interested in it.
Back to top Go down
https://mybrute.forumotion.com
LB DyAbLo
LB DyAbLo

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 03:27

The Things that I don't like about my brute

1.You cant add friends to join you that already have an account

2.It need more animals and abilities

3.You can't talk to other members in My Brute

4.More exp in fight after you hit lvl 10 or higher

5.Make your on brute character like umm..How do you say this...O.o
You get to choose what charater you want in an instance than trying to find one for long time and it doesn't fit you.

6.Shop to buy weapons , pets, clothing and abilities.

and so on....!XD
Back to top Go down
stvman
stvman

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 05:30

-itd be interesting if it had some aspects that social networking sites have. like saved friends with links to their cells,
-or a log of recent tournamentS (not just the current one)
-maybe a way you could talk smack either in your own cell to visitors, or while visiting other cells.
-maybe a home link that goes directly into the cell you last signed into.

i appreciate the "randomness" of the fights and the leveling. as a sports fan, its like having a very personal interest in your own team (you created them)

-maybe an added hp bar for the helpers (dogs, bears, etc)
-more animations for more eccentric brutes/fights.
-there oughta be a way to navigate through the clans a little easier.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 12:08

LB Legend wrote:
The Things that I don't like about my brute
1.You cant add friends to join you that already have an account
2.It need more animals and abilities
3.You can't talk to other members in My Brute
4.More exp in fight after you hit lvl 10 or higher
5.Make your on brute character like umm..How do you say this...O.o
You get to choose what charater you want in an instance than trying to find one for long time and it doesn't fit you.
6.Shop to buy weapons , pets, clothing and abilities.
and so on....!XD

Interesting, so you'd like a friends list, but we're doing more than just a friends list. Can't comment on Animals and Abilities, but I can say they both exist in our game. The next one is very interesting, you would like the ability to talk to other members of the game, could you go into detail for reasons behind this feature? Our game wil have completely customizable characters that change appearance based on the items her or she wears, similar to an MMORPG paperdoll avatar. We've added several stores.

I agree with everything you had to say, except I'm not sure I understand a reason for adding a chat system to the game, so could you offer me some reasons for why this should exist? :)
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 12:15

stvman wrote:
-itd be interesting if it had some aspects that social networking sites have. like saved friends with links to their cells,
-or a log of recent tournamentS (not just the current one)
-maybe a way you could talk smack either in your own cell to visitors, or while visiting other cells.
-maybe a home link that goes directly into the cell you last signed into.
i appreciate the "randomness" of the fights and the leveling. as a sports fan, its like having a very personal interest in your own team (you created them)
-maybe an added hp bar for the helpers (dogs, bears, etc)
-more animations for more eccentric brutes/fights.
-there oughta be a way to navigate through the clans a little easier.

Friends list is in. The talk smack on profile pages is an interesting request, but I believe a system liket his would be abused, and clutter peoples profile pages - not sure I agree with the smack talking board on a profile page. Could you offer some alternatives? Forget a home link, how about a login system similar to a forum login system that would take you to your options, and profile page? I can't go far into our fighting system, but you will more in likely be presently surprised, however you will also have more control. Clans, what is the point of clans in mybrute? I don't believe they serve a purpose, how do you see clans working in our game? What reasons should we have them, and what should they offer in terms of features?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Battery

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 21:27

Also I hate how if someone attacks you and you win you get no exp.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 21:47

Battery wrote:
Also I hate how if someone attacks you and you win you get no exp.

What if you had to approve a challenge from each player, and be online when battling your opponent so you could make thoughtful decisions during battle? Then what if battles cost points to enter, and you received said points daily, and spent them in various manners, including the said battle and when you enter an Arena that costs point, then you gained experience when you won the match? Also, what if there was an Arena that did not cost points that you could continuously challenge players in, but those battles did not give you experience points?

How do you feel about that scenario?
Back to top Go down
Battery

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 23:33

I think you should get about 5 fights per hour. Also if you are attacked and win you should gain experience. Also if you attack someone and lose you shouldn't gain any experience.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2009, 23:53

Battery wrote:
I think you should get about 5 fights per hour. Also if you are attacked and win you should gain experience. Also if you attack someone and lose you shouldn't gain any experience.

I agree on the fact that you should never gain experience when you lose a battle. However, we have a totally different system then "fights per day, per hour" that I think will be welcomed with open arms by our player base.
Back to top Go down
Battery

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 01:35

Here's an idea
Instead of having all your skills chosen at random, have your specialty skill (what you start off with, you only gain one) that you choose.

Say someone wants to have the immortal specialty, well they can choose that but then all the other items / skills / pets of equal value are eliminated. So they can't get immortality + a bear + what ever ridiculously powerful skills / items there are.
Back to top Go down
Engeljosh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 13:20

What do you think about implementing "skill" to the game, where you actually have to be fast (pressing combinations of keys).. besides of course making smart decisions during a turn-based fight.
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 13:55

Engeljosh wrote:
What do you think about implementing "skill" to the game, where you actually have to be fast (pressing combinations of keys).. besides of course making smart decisions during a turn-based fight.

There are technical problems to having real time control in having a battle system in real time online with computers outside of a network. With that said, what do you think about a turn based system?

It's possible to create an online MMORPG in flash, but here is the kicker. Flash is not quite as fast as programming languages such as C++ and C#, thus it takes longer for flash to complete it's run of code, as well as it takes longer to strings of code to create a command verses the latter. This is where interpolation can take effect, which in laymens terms basically means a problem of receiving information in two locations, at different times. A MMORPG will commonly estimate when it receives its information (this is what is known as the rubber band effect), and once the server can tell it where it is, it would send back the correct coordinates and rubber band you to where you really are verses where you may have thought you were based on your character on screen.

With a game like mybrute, you could do this but the potential of people losing matches undeserved would be high based on their internet connection, and our server. For this type of "flash" online game, I'd have to disagree with this and say turn based is the best option.
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 15:37

my question

in the future maybe after 5 months will my brute.. or the whole system will change?? [hope so]

u know more interactive things

buying,money system ,clan war

what do you think sir justin [same name with me hehe nice ^^]
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 15:41

LilJazzY052 wrote:
my question

in the future maybe after 5 months will my brute.. or the whole system will change?? [hope so]

u know more interactive things

buying,money system ,clan war

what do you think sir justin [same name with me hehe nice ^^]

Well I can't really comment on mybrute.com, or their system changes they have in mind in the future since I'm not affiliated with them in any shape or form. However, I can tell you that purchasing items, and clan wars are all being developed for our www.grimarena.com game. Justin is a great name, isn't it? :)
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 16:14

haha justin means the prince of all season nyahaha

@justin hope u post on all other sections like offtopic hehe and ur introduction too on introduction section hehe

ok ok thanks for the info man ^^
Back to top Go down
Engeljosh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 18:41

Yea I understand but I was thinking something like this, (not in real time, but in turn-based)

in your turn, press <- x f -> g -> w <- (random keys flash generates on screen).
if you press them fast or don't mistype/misclick, you get a Fireblast of 100 power

(the server saves the 100 value)

whenever the other user logins, he sees someone has shot him a 100power Fireblast.. so it's his turn,
press <- x a b d <- x 0 -> (random keys flash generates on screen).

he presses them slower, or mistakes one key, and gets a Fireblast of 50 power.

(the server saves the 50 value)

So the server (whenever he receives both values, not in real time) damages you with -50hp and him with -100hp, or something similar. What do u think about that?
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 19:57

Engeljosh wrote:
Yea I understand but I was thinking something like this, (not in real time, but in turn-based)
in your turn, press <- x f -> g -> w <- (random keys flash generates on screen).
if you press them fast or don't mistype/misclick, you get a Fireblast of 100 power
(the server saves the 100 value)
whenever the other user logins, he sees someone has shot him a 100power Fireblast.. so it's his turn,
press <- x a b d <- x 0 -> (random keys flash generates on screen).
he presses them slower, or mistakes one key, and gets a Fireblast of 50 power.
(the server saves the 50 value)
And then the server (not in real time) damages you with -50hp or decides which Fireblast will deal more dmg.. etc
What do u think about that?

So you're saying you want key combination's that give you a power boost, or combo attack that increases your power, or defense by a value. Well this would be cool, however it would be easy for a "bot" to cheat and type in those key codes immediately before every round of battle, thus the answer is that it's possible, but not probable because of the "exploits" that could drive it.
Back to top Go down
Engeljosh

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 20:36

well, I wish I could offer you a programatic solution to avoid bots/automation, but I don't have it. I believe every concept of the game can be exploited at the client-side. However your project still looks cool, good luck with it justin =)
Back to top Go down
justinjg
VIP
VIP
justinjg

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr 2009, 20:46

Engeljosh wrote:
well, I wish I could offer you a programatic solution to avoid bots/automation, but I don't have it. I believe every concept of the game can be exploited at the client-side. However your project still looks cool, good luck with it justin =)

There are tricks to prevent exploits, for instance a randomized number, similar in case to Captcha could be displayed that would allow the user to type that in for said combat, but I'm not sure I'm interested in this system yet or not. But thank you for the good luck, and please keep the suggestions coming.
Back to top Go down
Jazz™
Jazz™

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitimeSat 25 Apr 2009, 05:28

@Justin hmm i cant understand

but who are you?? i mean if we suggest what can u do on our suggestions??

apply it to the game ?? o_0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!   Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Likes, Dislikes, Suggestions? GRIM ARENA!
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next