My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

Oct 28 tournament final

Go down 
+4
BobTheBear
Yaboirobby
KOLTYUOL
mystorage
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mystorage

Oct 28 tournament final Empty
PostSubject: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 23:28

Looks like Strength and Speed are giving hell of a fight against high agility brutes these past few days of the tourney.

diddy351 won the final and nutter044 even defeated biceuri with 211 agility. Although agility has big big plus in the fights but the balance of the stats for high STR and SPD can also be a good combo.

congratz BTB. :pirat:

apologies if the fight link isn't available.
Back to top Go down
KOLTYUOL
KOLTYUOL

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 23:30

I'm a n00b but, I think stats go in this order:

1-Strength
2-Agility
3-Speed

In order of importance.
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009, 23:31

Switch agility and strength, and you got an accurate list Wink
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
BobTheBear
admin
admin
BobTheBear

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 00:01

Diddy says different.

A high strength brute is a match for a a high agility brute ..... IF .....

1. He has implacable. Thats essential. A ton of strength is no good if you can't hit anything with it!
2. He has a decent amount of HP. You're gonna take a few more hits, you need to be able to absorb them. Survival is handy here as well.
3. You have a lot of speed to go with the strength. Hittin big isn't enough. You also need to hit often.
4. Weapon assortment. Often overlooked. Diddy's is *almost* perfect for the type of brute he is. Stabby weapons, pokey weapons and a fast heavy hitter in the flail. Only drawback is that STUPID club and his shuriken. Other than that, for me, his weapon assortment is perfect in my eyes. It's also a small assortment which is also good. If he loses them all ... no problem. Punches from diddy do a LOT of damage, hit often, and come in flurries. So I'm quite happy if he starts punching people!

So a strength brute is not quite as simple as an agility brute (although agiles do still need more than just high agility .... dk128, for me, is a perfect example. Mega-agile, but I'm not a big fan of his lack of power).

It's a never ending debate on here, they are both good styles if the brute fits the profile well.

Diddy can still win tourneys and he still beats a lot of the super-agiles every time he enters. A lot of them can still beat him too.

It's about 50/50 if you ask me.

@ mystorage ..... thx for the gratz buddy .... appreciate it. :)
Back to top Go down
mystorage

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 03:05

very well said bob!

yes, there are things that you need too. i just didn't have the capacity to explain in tons of detail like he did above...

now, we are ready to play!! :)
Back to top Go down
Yaboirobby
Yaboirobby

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 03:09

I also am starting to like agility + speed brutes. In the past, speed has been overlooked and deemed one of the less important stats, however in simulated fights I have found that a good speed (combined with agility or strength) can be a dangerous combination. Just look at my 1000+ tourney for ex. A nice speed-specific brute named k-e-n-g-z-z took down the biggest agility monster in the tournament. He just kept coming back for more and more hits and eventually that agility gives out and you start to take hits. If those hits are powerful enough, you can succeed against your opponent.
Back to top Go down
http://mybrute-nomercy.webs.com/
Ajdija
VIP
VIP
Ajdija

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009, 05:41

=] thx for infos
Back to top Go down
http://www.ajdija.com
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 12:53

I'm not still leveling Stsin VI to just stay at top. She's going for that Bolt of Lightening which will add 66 points to her speed :)

She's still my favorite brute.

Looks like it's going to take longer than expected, so may have to concentrate on her soon.
Back to top Go down
tackebong

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 13:49

i have high speed, but it seems that i'm weak against agi brutes Sad
Back to top Go down
Vox Dei

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009, 22:41

Excellent post by BtB.

I'll just add something that might have been overlooked. Having nice pets (ideally 4 including bear) and the ability to manipulate them (preferably through hypnosis although cry of the damned also gets the job done) is also key to success. Especially when talking about strength/speed brutes.

And I totally agree, the recipe for a successful strength-based brute requires a lot more ingredients than for an hyperagile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oct 28 tournament final   Oct 28 tournament final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oct 28 tournament final
Page 1 of 1