My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

delete brutes by ID in excel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bamb@m
bamb@m

delete brutes by ID in excel Empty
PostSubject: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 06:32

ok, I know you can delete brutes by ID in sql, but the task I was requested to do would be ridiculous to attempt manually that way.

I could do it in excel, but I need a problem answered:

the decrypter exports IDs in the format:

193796, 306292, 338461, 134500, 171446, 70081, 711432, 397314, 65363,

how do I change it to:

without doing this manually for every ID in the list? there are several thousand ID's in this list... affraid

once I get the list in that format, I can then put it in excel to compare and delete unwanted IDs, because after much trial and error, I finally came up with this:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"","this is unwanted!")

which will indicate that that specific row of column A contains the same unwanted ID as a specified, unwanted ID in column B.

any help setting up that formatting would be greatly appreciated! cheers

update: after walking away for a bit, I discovered another way in sql. you don't have to do just one at a time, but it does require some formatting in a word document. using the command "DELETE FROM BRUTES WHERE ID = " and having at least two IDs to delete, i.e. 193796, 306292, using formatting it becomes "DELETE FROM BRUTES WHERE ID = 193796; DELETE FROM BRUTES WHERE ID = 306292"

but, if anyone's willing, I'd still like to know the proper formula for excel. please show me what I did wrong in my experiment Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bamb@m on Wed 03 Mar 2010, 10:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 08:06

You don't have to reinvent the wheel about SQL and deleting brutes by IDs, everything you may need is here with eventually slight modifications of the formulas:
https://mybrute.forumotion.com/cheats-scripts-f13/db-to-excel-thru-decypter-and-back-again-t7123.htm#94452 (with the Excel file that changes IDs in colums to IDs in rows ready for Squirrel query)

Shortcuts:
1) horizontal list to vertical list in Excel: text-to-columns then copy -> paste special with transpose enabled. that's it but only if you have less than 256 values or Excel 2007/2010. But if you do it correctly directly in sql you probably don't even need all that stuff with excel: you can export/delete the list of all duplicate brutes, export/delete all brutes that exist only a single time, export/delete all brutes except a given list of ids, export/delete the intersection/difference of two lists of ids, etc: everything is in the link above
2) SQL query: don't need to repeat the query. put all ids in (,,,): WHERE ID IN (23223, 2332, 4355, 665, ...)
3) excel formula: VLOOKUP is your friend and is much more useful than isna(match(...)) in several circumstances:
IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,A:A,1,FALSE)),"B1 is not in column A","B1 is in column A")
4) There's no Excel formula that will automatically transform a horizontal list in one cell into a column of cells (but in VBA this takes only one line of code like Cells(2,1) = Application.Transpose(Split(Cells(1,1), ", ")) ).
Back to top Go down
F.B.I
F.B.I

PostSubject: Re: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 08:58

wow bam i thought you know alot about bc scratch
Back to top Go down
bamb@m
bamb@m

PostSubject: Re: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitimeTue 02 Mar 2010, 11:39

I told you to look at when I ask questions, 6.aii. I learn from other people and then apply what I learn Wink

yeah, I wish I knew more stuff like that beforehand, sioc. if I had known I could just put them in parentheses I could have saved lots of time. I tried without parentheses and figured since it didn't work that way, I had to try something else Rolling Eyes

I'm still learning more every day! you know, I never took any classes in any computer stuff in school or anything, that's why I only learn as I ask about it Wink
Back to top Go down
Erliukas
Erliukas

PostSubject: Re: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 01:33

Dats clever but what if you forgot your brute psw is any way that u can delete it ???? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://lt.madhacker.biz
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 05:16

This post is about BC database and del requests in Squirrel so the notion of password requirement doesn't even exist ;-)

Don't understand why? Here you'll find the answers:
https://mybrute.forumotion.com/cheats-scripts-f13/how-to-connect-squirrel-2-bc-db-t5207.htm
https://mybrute.forumotion.com/cheats-scripts-f13/releasebrutal-combo-v1201-com-es-fr-t2713.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: delete brutes by ID in excel   delete brutes by ID in excel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

delete brutes by ID in excel
Page 1 of 1