My Brute Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Registration DOES NOT need an email verification.
Welcome to the biggest MyBrute forum on the internet.
Look at the sections' stickies: you'll find there everything you need to know about the game!

New feature for Oontack tools?

Go down 
+2
Stsin
Sioc
6 posters

YES, include the ad-sweeping part
New feature for Oontack tools? Vote_lcap90%New feature for Oontack tools? Vote_rcap
 90% [ 18 ]
NO, don't include the ad-sweeping part
New feature for Oontack tools? Vote_lcap10%New feature for Oontack tools? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

New feature for Oontack tools? Empty
PostSubject: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 10:05

I could make a merge of Oontack tools and a script mainly based on My Brute Ad Sweeper which would remove all ads and some pictures from the My Brute / La Brute / El Bruto pages.
Here is how a cell would look:
Spoiler:
Note that the ad sweeping part would however not be compatible with Chrome at the moment (it just won't hide anything but doesn't produce an error though).

Taken that this is quite a clear departure from what the tools were originally intended for I'm asking for your opinion and I will implement this only if almost everyone has a favorable opinion.
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 10:50

I don't mind and think it's a good idea to consolidate into one js.

But doesn't the ad-sweeper remove the ads after it gets loaded? Looks like it so I disabled it.

I think including ESCGoat's pupil link script would be really nice.

Also like to say nice job, and I like how you included multiple languages by servers.
Someone oughta modify the abilities skills and weapon panel SWF for each server too...hint hint Wink

Last edited by Stsin on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 10:57

My vote is a YES because if they include more ads, as they did with the Facebook one recently, the column becomes long so you have to scroll down a long way.

I would also like to say a big Thank You for your hard work on making the scripts work again, and for getting rid of the annoying Oontack link.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 11:20

Quote :

But doesn't the ad-sweeper remove the ads after it gets loaded?
It is always the case with Greasemonkey scripts: they are doing post-processing tasks, i.e. after that the whole page has loaded.

Quote :

I think including ESCGoat's pupil link script would be really nice.
lol, just a few minutes before posting this I included a lightweight version of ESCGoat's link script (without the pop-ups and without the direct links to the cells in order for it to go unnoticed and in order not to overload too much the layout of the cell) in the new version 1.02 :-)

Quote :

Someone oughta modify the abilities skills and weapon panel SWF for each server too...
To do so I should decompile the inventory.swf file and modify the source. I already tried but without success yet. Maybe in the future... :-)
Back to top Go down
AlnicZ27
AlnicZ27

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 11:56

that would be nice.. but i use chrome...
anyway.. i don't mind those ads.. but i like the one you changed in cell Very Happy

another work by "mr. stats" Wink
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 13:16

Ok, updated the version to 1.03 with the best features of MyBrute info and MyBrute ad-sweeper:
- added hyperlinks to opponent and cell in the fight page before the end of a fight,
- removed all advertisement.

Note as well it won't work at all with Chrome.

EDIT: 10 vs 0 for the ad-sweeping thing. That was the alibi I was waiting for in order to further develop the tools ;-)

Last edited by Sioc on Thu 18 Mar 2010, 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar 2010, 14:13

Installed and working perfectly.

Many thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Biceuri®
Biceuri®

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 06:12

Hy Sioc.

I just instaled the last update, and now i dont have the buttons to see the brute future; forecast next match; % on the bottom of the bar level; cant see how many XP to the next level; cant click on the new pupil to go to his cell.
I think that the only thing that works for me is that all the pictures disapeares.

See how it looks in my cell.

Spoiler:

P.S- i have oontack fix in first place, and all the others are disactivated.

Any help?

I would like to ahve my cell like yours in your first post.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 07:04

Ok, seems we have solved the problem together:

UPDATE FIREFOX AND GREASEMONKEY TO THE LATEST VERSION

I also remind that Oontack has to come before MyBrute Manager in the list of Greasemonkey add-ins.
Back to top Go down
Biceuri®
Biceuri®

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 07:16

Working cheers

Thanks, and again nice work, never the cell looks so nice Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stsin
Stsin

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 07:29

Installed just by hitting the install button from http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/70947 , and it automatically replaced the old version and works nicely. Pupil links work great too. With ESCGoat's script, it was unable to go to some of my odd named pupils.
I'm happy that it now works.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 11:38

Too many users reported compatibility issues with the ad-sweeping part (conflict with other Greasemonkey add-ins, requirement for an up-to-date Greasemonkey version, ad-sweeping not working on all pages, tools not working at all on Chrome, etc.) therefore it was removed until I can make it rock-solid.

The ad-sweeping part can however be installed as a stand-alone script from http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/62617 (having it as a stand-alone script appears to be more stable atm)

To think long and hard before speaking...
Sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
ellindor
ellindor

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeFri 19 Mar 2010, 13:28

I must be very lucky - I installed the fix with the ad sweeper and it works like a dream. Page loads seem faster too.

Another feature I just noticed is that the links 'fight another brute' 'go back to the cell' under the fight now appear as the fight starts instead of after it finishes. That is great, because when the site was lagging I had to wait sometimes 10 to 20 seconds for the links. Also nice is the addition of the link to the opponent's cell.

I am loving it. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
La Frite
La Frite

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 10:50

how do to this:

New feature for Oontack tools? Thumb

???
Back to top Go down
Sioc
admin
admin
Sioc

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 11:43

MyBrute Manager prevents this pop-up from appearing.
This has always been the case from the first version of Oontack tools by Oontack.
The bug is in the code of MyBrute Manager, not in Oontack tools. A workaround could however be possible.
But you should anyway have the stat points figures displayed just below if Oontack is before MyBrute Manager in the list of Greasemonkey add-ons..
Back to top Go down
La Frite
La Frite

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Mar 2010, 11:54

OK, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New feature for Oontack tools?   New feature for Oontack tools? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1